Senior Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTWayfair
- Led the front-end project to implement changes for semantic search, which involved implementing analytics testing and managing feature toggles. The success of this project contributed to the increase of $67+ million annualized GRS for the company.
- Utilized PHP and existing React components to implement the left-hand navigation for category-less pages across multiple stores and geographies, increasing $10.5+ million annualized GRS as confirmed by the analytics team.
- Managed a project for Wayfair's geo expansion into Ireland that included turning investigation findings into actionable tasks for the team to implement. The tasks included the addition of translations for Ireland and constant variables.
- Led a Karate API testing project to implement checks for inconsistencies in product details shown on browse/grid and product display pages in the production websites. This project catches over 200 inconsistencies per day across all Wayfair stores.
- Rewrote the team's onboarding documentation to significantly reduce the onboarding time of new engineers and provide guides and resources for all engineers to reference.
Co-founder2020 - PRESENTDigital Harbinger LLC
- Oversaw the development of Apishare.io and API documentation management platform. Managed a team of four and worked directly with users.
- Attended YCombinator's Startup School and earned $5,000 in AWS credits from the AWS CTO Fellowship.
- Developed a platform builder to enable project MVPs' rapid creation and launch throughout a weekend.
AWS Solutions Architect2018 - PRESENTCrackaJack Digital Solutions
- Created a web app that generates home pricing reports for a real estate client. The client generates 500+ reports every year, and this tool saved their employees thousands of hours annually by automating the manual report generation process.
- Performed technical screening of dozens of applicants for engineering roles from junior to senior positions at various companies and screened candidates on Java and React.
- Designed and developed the company's website using React and AWS.
Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - 2021Fortem Technologies
Technologies: OpenVPN, IT Networking, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon EC2, AWS VPC, AWS VPN, Router Configuration, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, RESTful APIs, Hardware Imaging, Clonezilla, Closed-Network Software Updates, Customer Support, On-site Installation
- Architected and implemented a VPN solution for connecting on-site customer radars with an airspace monitoring platform hosted on an AWS EC2 instance. Configured VPN routers to tunnel radar data between the customer's VPN and the AWS VPC.
- Led provisioning processes for manually imaging dozens of NUCs, Ryzens, and laptops with proprietary software for customer purchases. Provisioned EC2 instances for cloud installations.
- Provided on-call support to global customers, such as in the US, Japan, and UAE. Used Google Meet to walk customers through debugging and setting up their software and hardware. Used Chrome Remote Desktop to troubleshoot issues remotely.
- Configured and maintained the development team's GitLab CI/CD pipelines. Added pipeline steps for automated generating API documentation stored in S3. Fixed build errors.
- Designed and built many dashboards for managing environments, customers, and documentation. These dashboards saved the company time by acting as a single source of truth for various data. Used React, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, and AWS API Gateway.
Software Engineering Manager2019 - 2020Fortem Technologies
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Mapbox SDK, Amazon EC2, Clonezilla, Management, Jira, Agile, Scrum, RESTful APIs, Express.js
- Managed the company's enterprise software development team of 6-7 developers. Ran one-on-ones with reports to provide career growth and mentorship. Scouted and hired two senior software engineers. Promoted one engineer.
- Drove improvement to company culture by working with employees to make problems transparent, resulting in the removal of toxic sources and improving company employee satisfaction by 15%.
- Implemented the Agile development practices, such as regular stand-up meetings, sprints, retrospectives, and planning, resulting in continual, on-time software releases.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2017 - 2019Nike
- Designed and developed a web application used by over 3,000 engineers to manage and scale resources in AWS, allowing teams to continue maintaining their services after the company sunsetted Netflix's Asgard tool and the AWS console was too slow.
- Implemented the front-end for a tool for Nike's SNKRS app. This tool allowed on-call tech captains to see upcoming product launches and page eng teams that were not scaled for the launch, resulting in correct scaling and millions in revenue per year.
- Developed the front-end for a dashboard that allowed upper management to track the test coverage of each team's service under their domain, resulting in a streamlined effort for the org to raise and keep high code quality. Tracked over 200 services.
Senior Java Web Developer2013 - 2017Motorola Solutions
- Designed and architected a theming system for the entire web application, which allowed new modules and pages to be themed automatically without much additional effort. The night mode theme allowed the company to acquire more private security users.
- Planned and built inmate-keeping software used by dozens of small prisons and jails to book and track thousands of inmates.
- Improved the application user interaction speed by storing user actions into a queue in local storage that would sync with the server. Users no longer needed to wait for actions to process before continuing their tasks.