Lead Software Developer2015 - 2017Arizona State University Decision Theater
- Performed real-time analysis on a ~412 million row dataset stored in a PostgreSQL database using PHP to create dynamic visualizations.
- Implemented a cross-browser synchronization using WebSockets to allow decision-makers to collaboratively manipulate models from disparate computers/locations.
- Developed an interface between Python and Vensim modeling software to create a RESTful web service using Tornado and Flask which allowed users to create, load, and manipulate Vensim models remotely.
- Used Bootstrap, PHP, and jQuery Mobile to develop a mobile-friendly application which allowed its users to run a model which analyzed the effects of organic waste collections strategies.
Software Developer Intern2015 - 2015OSISoft LLC
Technologies: C#, Visual Studio, ASP.NET
- Identified and proposed potential changes to a C# codebase which governed interactions between clients and servers to a group of professional software developers.
- Utilized version control using Team Foundation Version Control for Visual Studio to create feature branches on which to make code changes.
- Led a team of ~10 interdisciplinary interns on 3 continents to create and deliver a web application which provided a series of location-specific guides for new employees using jQuery, Bootstrap, and Semantic.js.
- Participated in bi-weekly Scrum meetings by contributing tasks to/completing tasks from the product backlog and helping assign priorities to tasks for the current sprint.
Software Developer2014 - 2015Arizona State University Decision Theater
Technologies: Ruby, Elasticsearch, PHP, HTML, Postgres
- Contributed to a proprietary visual-programming, web-based, web development framework by creating PHP modules which generated views based on user input.
- Scraped structured and unstructured data for visualizations from numerous websites using Ruby.
- Performed data analysis and cleaning on ≤ 500k row datasets for visualizations using Ruby.
- Evaluated the suitability of software libraries such as Meteor.js, Twig templating for PHP, and others for addition to the organization’s web-development framework.
- Benchmarked PostgreSQL/Elasticsearch performance to determine which best met project needs.