Scientific Computing Researcher2014 - PRESENTPADMEC
Technologies: Python, C/C++
- Enhanced the software process used in the research group by employing scrum techniques such as sprint planning and review, the creation of project backlogs, and more.
- Developed Elliptic, an open-source software for prototyping and developing numerical methods for physical simulations.
- Selected the software stack used in most projects (Python, MOAB, and Trilinos), and trained the team developers to use it.
- Explored Python's ability to inter-operate with libraries based on lower level languages, such as C/C++. Helped build PyMOAB, a wrapper for the open-source MOAB library, which uses C/C++ and Fortran.
- Used Docker to package the developed software, so that it is easier to deploy and use. Also trained the team on how Docker works and how to use it.
Software Engineer2016 - 2016Vinta
Technologies: Django, React.js, Gensim, Scikit-learn, Bootstrap
- Rebuilt a full website from scratch using Django-CMS. The old website was built on Pelican, therefore Django-CMS brought more interactivity and made it possible to create and edit content more easily and visually.
- Created a natural language processing tool with Gensim and Scikit-learn for suggesting if a given text is duplicated somewhere else in the database, from its extracted meaning.
- Built automated software testing suites for Django backends and machine-learning software using pytest.
- Employed Agile methodology practices on a daily basis.
- Handled performance optimizations for several CPU-bound procedures on the server. Used Celery as a distributed queue for handling asynchronous CPU-bound tasks.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Prodiggio
Technologies: Joomla, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Built the company's full website using Joomla!, JQuery and Bootstrap.
- Developed several Joomla extensions for dealing with specific business needs.
- Worked together with the client to model all the business rules and several requirements for the project.