- Scientific Computing Researcher2014 - PRESENTPADMEC
Technologies: Python, C/C++
- Enhanced the software process used in the research group by employing scrum techniques such as sprint planning and review, the creation of project backlogs, and more.
- Developed Elliptic, an open-source software for prototyping and developing numerical methods for physical simulations.
- Selected the software stack used in most projects (Python, MOAB, and Trilinos), and trained the team developers to use it.
- Explored Python's ability to inter-operate with libraries based on lower level languages, such as C/C++. Helped build PyMOAB, a wrapper for the open-source MOAB library, which uses C/C++ and Fortran.
- Used Docker to package the developed software, so that it is easier to deploy and use. Also trained the team on how Docker works and how to use it.
- Software Engineer2016 - 2016Vinta
Technologies: Django, React.js, Gensim, Scikit-learn, Bootstrap
- Rebuilt a full website from scratch using Django-CMS. The old website was built on Pelican, therefore Django-CMS brought more interactivity and made it possible to create and edit content more easily and visually.
- Created a natural language processing tool with Gensim and Scikit-learn for suggesting if a given text is duplicated somewhere else in the database, from its extracted meaning.
- Built automated software testing suites for Django backends and machine-learning software using pytest.
- Employed Agile methodology practices on a daily basis.
- Handled performance optimizations for several CPU-bound procedures on the server. Used Celery as a distributed queue for handling asynchronous CPU-bound tasks.
- Software Engineer2015 - 2015Prodiggio
Technologies: Joomla, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Built the company's full website using Joomla!, JQuery and Bootstrap.
- Developed several Joomla extensions for dealing with specific business needs.
- Worked together with the client to model all the business rules and several requirements for the project.