Software Architect | Full-stack Developer2015 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Heroku, Redis, MongoDB, React, Node.js, Android, Flutter
- Developed a flutter package to display map tiles (Sterna - Moving map for Flutter).
- Created a dart package to sync data from a remote data source. Incremental sync is supported using a Git Repo as a data source (Hive-mirror, one-way sync for HiveDB).
- Developed a react back end to generate PDFs (React-PDF kit, library to build PDFs using the React API).
- Worked on both an Android application and an isomorphic web app (Livepeak, live tracking app for outdoor enthusiasts).
Lead Developer2019 - 2020UpliftNow
Technologies: React, Cloud Firestore
- Helped the company to grow from prototype stage to seed funding.
- Developed a responsive web application from the ground up.
- Formalized the development process and onboarded the first employees.
Lead Front-end Developer2015 - 2018Performance Immo
Technologies: Gulp.js, Webpack, Redux, React
- Developed a web app front-end from scratch with React.
- Developed react-pdf, a React back-end to build PDF documents easily with the React API.
Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Icodrive
Technologies: React Native
- Developed the front-end for a React Native app.
Lead Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Performance Consumer Groupe
Technologies: Grunt, Bootstrap, Less, CSS3, HTML, AngularJS
- Refactored an AngularJS application.
- Managed two remote developers, defined coding guidelines, and approved pull requests.
- Provided advice on the implementation of Scrum within the company.
Software Consultant2014 - 2014The Stack Holder Company
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, MySQL, Elasticsearch, NLTK, Scrapy, Django, Python
- Defined the architecture and developed a scalable news monitoring application based on web crawling, content analysis, and entity extraction.
- Set up a deployment process on AWS, using Git push hooks.
- Defined and prioritized the product backlog with the product owner.
- Hired and managed remote freelancers to develop web scrapers.
Lead Front-end Developer2013 - 2014Kiffetescourses
Technologies: Grunt, Karma, Jasmine, Bootstrap, Less, Sass, CSS3, HTML5, AngularJS, CoffeeScript
- Refactored an AngularJS application.
- Made the application responsive to work on phones, tablets, and desktops.
- Implemented a back-office application in AngularJS from the ground up.
- Worked closely with the product owner to define and prioritize the backlog.
Full-stack Developer2012 - 2013Thingle
- Built a social platform inspired by Pinterest, with a focus on user collaboration.
- Used PhantomJS to improve the SEO of the single-page application.
- Integrated Google Maps to display location-based search results.
Technical Lead2010 - 2012MyCube
- Developed a content exchange platform with social features for this Singapore-based startup.
- Improved productivity and managed business expectations by implementing Scrum methodology within the organization.
- Managed three cross-functional teams of fifteen individuals, which included such tasks as running daily standup meetings, performing code reviews, and ensuring quality of delivery.
- Designed and implemented key framework components, including a persistence layer on top of Cassandra and an event infrastructure.
Software Architect2008 - 2010PROBTP
Technologies: Linux, Shell Scripting, ClearCase, Hudson, Maven, AVAYA, JTAPI, JMX, RMI, Eclipse RCP, Hibernate, JBoss Cache, Apache MINA, Spring, OSGi, Java
- Worked as a software architect on a new call center application used by 500 agents and processing over 20,000 phone calls per day for a French pension fund.
- Wrote technical specifications with UML.
- Provided expertise on OSGI.
- Built a technical infrastructure on top of OSGI by integrating frameworks to support clustering, hot deployment, client-server communication, and functional scalability.
- Deployed a build management infrastructure using Maven2 and Hudson.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008ACOSS
- Designed and developed a messaging web application to facilitate the communication between employees located in two different offices for a tax collection agency in France.
- Provided expertise on Hibernate and Quartz to solve design issues on a clustered web app.
- Implemented Web Services using Axis2.
- Successfully overcame a scalability issue by setting up a load test infrastructure and optimizing SQL statements.
Software Engineer2006 - 2007AMADEUS
- Designed and developed automated non-regression test tools within the quality assurance department of a French travel software company.
- Developed a Java layer on top of the C++ central system communication API with JNI.
- Increased process efficiency by developing a tool to test back-end availability.
Software Engineer2004 - 2006Axemble
Technologies: OpenStack, Eclipse, Visual SourceSafe, Oracle, MySQL, BPM, JUnit, JBoss, Jakarta EE, Java
- Developed and tested a business process management web app.
- Wrote functional test plans and signed off releases.
- Performed load testing and tuned application server accordingly.
- Tested database compatibility.
- Provided second-level support for customers.
- Wrote how-to and code snippets for developer users.