Verified Expert in Engineering
MacOS, Vim Text Editor, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is an implementation of a multi-vantage point tree for indexing searches of similarity between persons using Levenshtein distance.
Machine Learning Engineering
Qbrio Studio, Inc.
- Implemented an end-to-end pipeline using TFX. This included defining metrics, visualizations and evaluation steps to evaluate different models and pack them in Docker containers ready for production use.
- Researched and implemented different model architectures, including convolutional models, VAE, VQ-VAE, and transformers.
- Imported two projects from PyTorch to TF using ONNX to test transfer learning from open source projects and previously trained models.
Expert Full-Stack Developer
Qbrio Studio Inc.
- Developed a new UI using Angular and Angular CLI including multimedia elements such as playable song waveforms.
- Implemented an SSO solution using OAuth 2 to integrate a WordPress CMS with GAE. This included the migration of the CMS from Squarespace to WordPress.
- Maintained and developed new features to the existing API in Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Docker, and GAE.
- Installed and maintained a WordPress instance to create static content for the site.
- Migrated the server to a different hosting provider, including domain transfer and HTTPS certificate configuration in Apache and CentOS.
Senior Django Developer
Consumer Affairs (via Toptal)
- Implemented UI and UX redesign for the whole site using Jinja templates CSS and JS.
- Implemented Optimizely monitoring and A/B test tools for improving user experience.
- Maintained legacy code, including improving code using asynchronous tasks with Celery framework.
- Developed and maintained a multi-layer online payment platform.
- Developed a subscriptions and recurring payments system.
- Developed a PCI-compliant system for storing credit card data and processing payments through a SOAP API.
- Maintained a Memcached storage system for optimizing the platform.
- Worked with a team located in three different countries.
- Managed teams using Scrum methodology and Redmine for a tracking system.
- Administered a Linux server with Apache load balancing and MySQL clusters.
- Built a custom solution for a broad range of clients using Web 2.0 technologies and providing hosting infrastructure.
- Developed and maintained a retail system for Walmart providers.
- Created a REST API for mobile tactile applications at Telefonica interactive store in Mexico City.
- Created Starbucks Digital Network, a Web 2.0 newsfeed using jQuery and Grails.
- Created a bank's custom newspaper for internal communications using Spring MVC and jQuery.
- Developed CSS and HTML for multiple micro sites from an image with rich graphic design.
- Created Starbuck's landing page used by customers in stores for getting a free wifi connection.
Senior Java Developer
Instituo Nacional de Migración (National Migratory Institute)
- Maintained a migratory alerts system for monitoring flight passengers in real time.
- Maintained the core system of the migration flow using Java, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Developed a public system to make online migratory procedures built in Java, Spring, and jQuery.
- Developed an algorithm to compute person-matching searches using a multi-vantage point tree for indexing the searches.
Junior Java Developer
- Developed an ERP for a gas company using Spring, Prototype, and Scriptaculous.
- Developed an internal voting system for the acquisition of new books made in Java, JDBC, and JSP.
- Implemented a building pipeline using Apache Maven for the project.
Starbucks 10 Years
Pfizer iPad Shopping Cart
Starbucks Digital Network
jQuery, REST APIs, Flask-RESTful, Backbone.js, TensorFlow, Keras, SQLAlchemy, Underscore.js, Facebook API, NumPy, Scikit-learn, PyTorch
Git, GitHub, Apache Maven, Apache, Subversion (SVN), Slack, Vim Text Editor, Webpack, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Suds, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Celery, Grunt
Scrum, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), REST, DevOps, Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Software Development
Ajax, Full-stack Development, Full-stack, Back-end, Back-end Development, APIs, Web Development, API Integration, Gentoo, TFX, Payment APIs, Front-end, Guild, Google Colaboratory (Colab), Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX), Convolutional Neural Networks, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning
Django REST Framework, Flask, Spring MVC, Spring, GAE, Django, Grails, Bootstrap, Angular, Hibernate, AngularJS, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Linux, Docker, MacOS, Jakarta EE, Oracle Database, WordPress, Heroku, Oracle, Jupyter Notebook
Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics
UNAM - Mexico City
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
UNAM - Mexico City