AWS PaaS Architect (Self-employed)2019 - PRESENTKubeML
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS
- Provided an alternative to AWS SageMaker using JupyterHub on AWS-hosted Kubernetes.
- Managed the CI/CD using Jenkins in its own Kubernetes namespace with containerized build agents and EC2 Docker Daemons.
- Provided GitHub integration for data scientists leveraging the platform.
- Managed an autoscaling Kubernetes cluster on AWS with KOPS and Terraform.
- Oversaw AWS VPCs and a private topology for turnkey JupyterHub PaaS deployments.
Senior DevOps Consultant at Chevron2019 - PRESENTRed Hat
Technologies: Python, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Ansible, Azure, Kubernetes
- Integrated Azure DevOps CI/CD with Ansible playbooks for containerized agents running on Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Automated an IoT infrastructure on Microsoft Azure in environments across North America and Africa.
- Migrated legacy applications to cloud-native microservices using Azure Functions, EventHubs, and Logic Apps.
- Planned quarterly goals and features for development workflow.
- Analyzed architectural options to utilize cloud resources within specific budgets.
Senior OpenShift Consultant at PayPal2019 - 2020Red Hat
Technologies: Python, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Ansible, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Built OpenShift/Kubernetes-based machine learning PaaS for 3,000+ global data scientists (more info: http://paypal.gurkamal.io).
- Modeled machine learning environments as ephemeral microservices across 90+ Kubernetes nodes using a hybrid-cloud architecture across GCP and on-prem with OpenShift.
- Optimized Python applications for containerized deployments and custom CI/CD pipelines.
- Integrated resource allocation limits for users in LDAP groups across PayPal's data science team.
- Managed networking with OpenShift Routes across the hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Configured Kubernetes cluster infrastructure using Ansible playbooks.
AWS Kubernetes Engineer (Freelance)2017 - 2020Bolisession
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, AWS
- Deployed an autoscaling Kubernetes cluster on AWS to support development and production environments.
- Implemented Jenkins CI/CD on AWS using Kubernetes pods as agents and EC2 Docker Daemons as build engines.
- Strategized AWS architecture for a global scale mobile application project.
- Managed an AWS EC2 cluster for Kubernetes with KOPS and Terraform.
- Leveraged AWS ECR to manage a private container registry for Kubernetes deployment manifests.
- Managed AWS VPCs and EC2 Security Groups with public subnets and private subnets to create a private topology for Kubernetes.
Systems Engineer2016 - 2019Department of Defense
Technologies: Node.js, SQL, Linux
- Supported US Navy's migration to AWS GovCloud for data analytics and data warehousing.
- Developed microservices to wrap access to monolithic Navy databases.
- Automated reliability assessment on deployed DoD information systems.
- Consulted Navy stakeholders about financial actions to improve reliability.
Technical Writer2015 - 2016Arrowhead Products
Technologies: SOLIDWORKS, SQL, Java
- Developed all technical documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Tracked changes, reported issues, and documented solutions during the development process.
- Responded to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs during presales phases with new clients.