Verified Expert in Engineering
Gurkamal is an experienced cloud engineer and Kubernetes architect with a passion for building solutions on a global scale. With expertise in AWS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Terraform, Jenkins, and Ansible, he helps build cloud-native solutions using DevOps best practices learned from experience.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Amazon EKS, GitLab
The most amazing...
...solution I've built has been an OpenShift/Kubernetes-based machine learning PaaS serving 3,000+ global data scientists at PayPal.
AWS PaaS Architect (Self-employed)
- Provided an alternative to AWS SageMaker using JupyterHub on AWS-hosted Kubernetes.
- Managed the CI/CD using Jenkins in its own Kubernetes namespace with containerized build agents and EC2 Docker Daemons.
- Provided GitHub integration for data scientists leveraging the platform.
- Managed an autoscaling Kubernetes cluster on AWS with KOPS and Terraform.
- Oversaw AWS VPCs and a private topology for turnkey JupyterHub PaaS deployments.
AWS Kubernetes Engineer (Freelance)
- Deployed an autoscaling Kubernetes cluster on AWS to support development and production environments.
- Implemented Jenkins CI/CD on AWS using Kubernetes pods as agents and EC2 Docker Daemons as build engines.
- Strategized AWS architecture for a global scale mobile application project.
- Managed an AWS EC2 cluster for Kubernetes with KOPS and Terraform.
- Leveraged AWS ECR to manage a private container registry for Kubernetes deployment manifests.
- Managed AWS VPCs and EC2 Security Groups with public subnets and private subnets to create a private topology for Kubernetes.
Department of Defense
- Supported US Navy's migration to AWS GovCloud for data analytics and data warehousing.
- Developed microservices to wrap access to monolithic Navy databases.
- Automated reliability assessment on deployed DoD information systems.
- Consulted Navy stakeholders about financial actions to improve reliability.
- Developed all technical documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Tracked changes, reported issues, and documented solutions during the development process.
- Responded to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs during presales phases with new clients.
KubeML — Experience AWS SageMaker on Kubernetes
GitHub, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon EKS, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, SOLIDWORKS, GitLab
DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, App Development
Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Azure, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenShift, Apache Kafka
Software Packaging, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), HAProxy, Ingress Controllers, CI/CD Pipelines, Networking, Linux Server Administration, IoT Security
Python, SQL, Java
MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University of California, Riverside - Riverside, CA
NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP