Advisor of the Government Digital Architecture Department2021 - PRESENTOficina Gubernamental de Tecnologías de la Información (OGITC)
Technologies: Cloud Architecture, DevOps, Agile, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), GitOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Autoscaling, Consulting, IT Consulting, Serverless, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, Communication, AWS, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scripting, Helm, Architecture, PostgreSQL, Leadership, System Administration, Cloud Security
- Led the design and implementation of the COVID-19 logistics solution and satellite APIs needed to secure citizens' information through the whole vaccination process.
- Defined the tools and standards to interoperate between institutions. Also developed the government standards on APIs, which required implementing tools like Gluu Server, Gravitee.io API Management, and X-Road.
- Oversaw a team of software engineers, product owners, and UX designers, supporting the definition, strategy, and creation of digital products while leveraging a DevOps culture.
Co-founder2020 - PRESENTIndexa Inc
Technologies: Cloud Architecture, Docker, GitHub Actions, Serverless Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Product Development, GitOps, Autoscaling, Serverless, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, Communication, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scripting, Architecture, PostgreSQL, Leadership, System Administration, Cloud Security
- Led and supported the transformation of work procedures to create market-leading products. This involved embedding agile work practices and the concept of autonomous delivery teams.
- Assisted the development team in creating the overall product architecture, maximizing the reuse of standard components to develop cost-efficient solutions, and leveraging serverless technology.
- Managed the creation of the first API-driven e-invoicing system in the country, using microservices and serverless architecture with an on-demand subscription based on consumption.
- Supported the creation of the first developer portal providing identity information for companies and individuals, IRS invoicing system validation, multi-banks currencies, and fuel prices.
Co-founder2017 - 2021iterativo LLC
Technologies: DevOps, Python, APIs, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Tax Accounting, GitOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Autoscaling, Consulting, IT Consulting, Serverless, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, Communication, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scripting, Helm, Architecture, PostgreSQL, Leadership, System Administration, Cloud Security
- Coordinated the efforts needed to bring together the main parties involved in the accounting systems definition. Also developed a standardized chart of accounts to be used countrywide in an open-source ERP.
- Developed the localization for the Dominican Republic, which included CoA, taxes computation, fiscal sequences, fiscal invoicing emission, payroll requirements automation, and third-party integrations.
- Grew the company team from one consultant and one software engineer to over 30 employees, distributed through the financial, customer support, research and development, consultancy, and operations departments.
- Guided the company to become the leading Odoo ERP partner in its region through the successful implementation of over 60 clients.
Information Security Teacher2013 - 2021Instituto Tecnológico de Las Américas
Technologies: Web Security, Information Security, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), Ethical Hacking, Linux, Communication, Scripting, Leadership, Cloud Security
- Facilitated, guided, and motivated students in their learning process on information security, promoting student participation, research, and peer learning.
- Prompted learning through real scenarios exploration, building Hack Labs with virtual machines and proposing more game-based homework.
- Designed educational content and developed technical labs for students to practice with real use cases.
Enterprise Risk Services Manager2015 - 2017Deloitte
Technologies: Cloud Architecture, Business Consulting, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Linux, Communication, Architecture, PostgreSQL, Leadership, Cloud Security
- Led Deloitte's cyber risk and IT risk services in the country. Managed a team in charge of implementing cybersecurity, IT internal audit, BCP, and DRP projects.
- Executed several BCP and DRP advisories for the financial services industry, including developing BIA, risk assessments, and business continuity plans. Led all local IT internal audits and ethical hacking projects.
- Identified security breaches in regular operations, made recommendations, and proposed security controls and alternatives to comply with general security standards and other security-related methodologies.
Information Technology Project Consultant2013 - 2014Concentra
Technologies: ITIL 4, IT Services, IT Service Management (ITSM), Business Consulting, Process Flows, System Implementation, Process Automation, Linux, Communication, Architecture, Leadership, System Administration, Cloud Security
- Led the implementation of multiple ITIL management practices in the banking industry, including portfolio management, supplier management, incident and problem management, and service desk.
- Handled the proper and successful implementation and on-time delivery of different IT projects.
- Oversaw IT processes automation through process definition, diagramming, and implementation of IT service desks.
Enterprise Risk Services Consultant2012 - 2013Deloitte
Technologies: Business Consulting, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Business Continuity, ISO 22301, ISO 27001, IT Services, Process Flows, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Consulting, IT Consulting, Linux, Communication, Leadership, Cloud Security
- Led major information systems audits, IT advisory projects, the development of disaster recovery plans, and the resolution of complex business issues. Interacted with diverse audiences and mentored less senior staff.
- Prepared formal reports with the results of information system audits and special projects for distribution to the executive management team and the board of directors' audit committee.
- Handled the evaluation of internal control environments and computing environments and architectures, using CAAT applications like ACL, SQL, MS Access, or MS Excel for data extraction and manipulation.
Information Security Officer2010 - 2012Instituto Tecnológico de Las Américas
Technologies: Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), Information Security, Ethical Hacking, Offensive Security, Web Security, Information Systems, Networking, Linux, System Administration, Cloud Security
- Handled network protection, risk assessment, vulnerability assessment, pen testing, information security policies creation and development, clients, and server hardening.
- Raised employees' awareness about IT security issues and social engineering. Also developed IT security policies for the organization.
- Volunteered as secretary for the Interinstitutional Commission against High Technology Crimes (CICDAT, in Spanish).