Gustavo César Muniz e Souza
Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack Software Developer
The most amazing...
...thing I've made is a highly available and scalable B2B integration with the major airline companies in Brazil for Despegar.com.
New York-Based Trading Firm
- Delivered a proof of concept application to duplicate features from an existing desktop app into a web app with a clean and modern SPA user interface.
- Worked with large volumes of data from the financial market stored in an MSSQL database.
- Dashboard and grid feature based on ngx-admin from Akveo.
- Deployed to Linux using Nginx for the front end and PM2 for the back end.
Team Lead, Development Matchers
- Oversaw the work of development matchers as the first team lead of the development matching team.
- Recruited, interviewed, onboarded, and trained dozens of matchers.
- Worked with continuous improvement approaches to find training and mentoring opportunities and ensure that best practices were always followed.
- Enforced the importance of following processes and guidelines through proactive and reactive monitoring.
- Contributed to improving several processes over the years to make the matching role as efficient and streamlined as possible and the ramp-up smooth and shorter.
- Contributed to establishing the fundaments of goals and metrics necessary to monitor matchers’ performance and improvement opportunities.
- Participated in multiple cross-team collaboration efforts with sales, legal, finance, client services, talent success, community, and other departments.
Director of Engineering
- Gathered client requirements and expectations for their development jobs in order to find the best talents available within the very selected pre-vetted Toptal’s pool of talents.
- Acted as a technical account manager and first point of contact for support for active engagements for clients and talents.
- Interacted with multiple internal teams (sales, finance, legal, and customer services) in order to coordinate and ensure the best quality of service was always delivered.
- Worked directly with conflict resolutions on engagements to acknowledge, investigate, and find the best possible solution for all parts involved, including performing code reviews.
- Worked on constantly improving soft and hard skills to be as up-to-date as possible with all the newest technologies and trends needed by the clients.
- Reorganized a large project's dependencies, moving external libraries to NuGet management and configuring bundles for all included.
- Refactored large portions of the site, migrating Backbone.js pieces to AngularJS implementations, aiming for standard technology.
- Implemented complex AngularJS functionalities using nested directives for improved organization and maintainability attached to preexistent webpages, creating a rich UX on a non-SPA website.
- Migrated old-fashioned implementations with heavy stored procedures to modern and easier to maintain Entity Framework queries.
Balyasny Asset Management
- Implemented RESTful services with a .NET Web API to start migrating from WCF.
- Developed WPF applications improvements for allocation of funds.
- Created a remote development environment on Azure to bypass network restrictions for the company.
- Implemented Azure management tasks like migrating VMs and configuring systems and databases.
- Conducted a series of benchmarking tests with a range of NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Riak, and MongoDB) looking for alternatives for TempoDB.
- Researched alternatives for front-end libraries to be adopted, such as AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.
- Implemented the first AngularJS prototypes inside the Ruby app.
- Implemented the AngularJS + Sockets.IO integration for real-time updates.
Development Team Leader
- Worked as a team leader using Agile methodologies like Scrum, XP, and Kanban.
- Handled software development with OpenSource technologies.
- Designed and developed a new company product named Cruises.
- Designed and developed a new company product named VacationRentals.
- Tracked the application performance with NewRelic and Omniture.
- Implemented B2B integration with cruise companies, including Royal Caribbean, Costa, Carnival, and MSC, and rental companies, such as Flipkey and Zukbox).
.NET Systems Developer
- Handled software development with ASP.NET and WCF.
- Dealt with ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) based in TortoiseSVN.
- Implemented the B2B integration between a Brazilian airline company's web services and the Despegar.com website.
- Designed highly scalable, highly available systems architectures.
- Developed websites with ASP.NET WebForms and mvcDeveloped websites with ASP.NET WebForms and MVC.
.NET Systems Architect
- Designed and developed a new .NET-based ERP framework, replacing the former Delphi version.
- Handled website development for foreign customers’ relationship.
- Deployed, adopted, and administered the team foundation server, a Microsoft software platform for ALM (application lifecycle management).
- Developed reports with Crystal and Reporting Services.
- Managed virtualized servers with VMWare for infrastructure optimization.
.NET Senior Developer
Advanced Iteam Consultoria em Informática
- Developed web applications with C# and Visual Basic .Net.
- Developed integration solutions for SAP R3 and .NET through an RPC plugin.
- Maintained legacy VB6 systems and generated reports with Crystal.
.NET Team Leader
ArchITettura Soluções em Tecnologia
- Gathered requirements, analyzed and developed C# .NET projects.
- Led the development team using the Agile methodology.
- Designed a prototype and architecture for a full-featured accounting solution.
- Analyzed and developed statistical projects based on MS SQL DTS.
- Developed ETL applications to feed a Cognos BI database.
- Worked on data enrichment and polishing for data analysis of market trends and targeted market campaigns.
Despegar.com Vacation Rentalshttp://www.decolar.com
The site's purpose is to connect owners and travelers through an announcement model closer to newspapers than travel agencies with a different approach.
It was developed with Jakarta EE and Freemarker, with a NoSQL database solution allowing high scalability with simplified system architecture.
It was developed using Jakarta EE + Grails with a MySQL database. The project involved a massive effort of systems integration with the cruise companies and a lot of attention on user experience.
Real-time communication is implemented with Sockets.IO.
NoSQL platforms benchmark included MongoDB, Cassandra, and Riak, all deployed in Docker images running in Heroku servers.
SPA ToDo Apphttps://github.com/gustavocms/TopTal.SPA
AngularJS, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Knockout (Knockout.js), ASP.NET Web API, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Angular, Express.js
Visual Studio, Yeoman, GitHub, Git, Jira, Trello, Tableau, Bower, Jenkins, GitLab, BigQuery, Confluence, NGINX
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Database Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Model View Controller (MVC), Asynchronous Programming, Model-driven Engineering (MDE), REST, Kanban, Dependency Injection, Scrum, Agile Software Development, Load Testing, Design Patterns, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Azure, Heroku, Oracle Database, MacOS
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Databases, NoSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle SQL, JSON, PostgreSQL
Front-end Development, Data Analysis, Single-page Applications (SPA), Angular Bootstrap, Multithreading, Team Mentoring, Training, Balance Scorecards, Documentation, Web MVC, Web Services, Communication, Technical Requirements, Recruiting
AngularUI, Web API, Socket.IO, Mustache, Backbone.js, Google Maps, jQuery UI, jQuery, D3.js, Node.js, NVD3
MBA Degree in Business Administration and Management
Fundação Getulio Vargas - São Paulo-SP
Bachelor's Degree in IT - Data Processing
Faculdade de Tecnologia de São Paulo - São Paulo-SP
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer Degree in Enterprise Application Development
Microsoft Certified IT Professional Degree in Database Development on SQL Server