Elixir Developer in São Carlos - São Paulo, Brazil
Lead Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTKinase
Technologies: Elixir, Phoenix, Heroku, PostgreSQL, React, Netlify
- Designed the client dashboard.
- Developed the product from ground up using React and Elixir.
Lead Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTBraincare
Technologies: Django, Python, AWS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker
- Migrated the project from a outsourced company to a in-house team.
- Trained new hires in the project.
- Created tests for previous code to ensure correctness during project transition.
- Implanted code review culture.
- Configured and deployed project at AWS.
Independent Consultant2018 - PRESENTSuno Research
Technologies: GCP, DigitalOcean, WordPress, Redis, MySQL, PHP, Apache HTTP Server
- Migrated three WordPress websites with no downtime.
- Set up the monitoring of the websites' health with actionable notifications.
- Designed the new infrastructure's architecture with high availability and CDN caching—demonstrating an improvement of up to 70% in response time.
- Extensively used tracing tools to identify areas which the development team could improve on.
- Investigated slow database queries to improve them.
- Created testing and staging environment.
Technical Co-founder2018 - 2018Integra.vc
Technologies: Elixir, Reason ML, Docker, TypeScript, React
- Built the landing page using Bootstrap.
- Oversaw and was responsible for the infrastructure and operations of services.
- Coordinated with freelancer designers to build and iterate on a mobile-first user interface.
- Built an event-sourced back-end to enable greater audit capabilities for admins.
- Developed the admin dashboard using React and Reason ML.
- Constructed the user dashboard using TypeScript and React.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Calamar
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker, Elixir, Node.js, Python, Vue.js, React
- Created and operated a Kubernetes cluster within AWS.
- Built the back-end of the core product in Elixir.
- Adopted CI/CD practices to enable faster product releases for the engineering team.
- Trained new hires in our stack, mainly Elixir.
- Helped the team adhere to software engineering practices.
- Contributed to Node.js and Python back-end projects.
- Game IP Changer (Development)https://github.com/gugahoa/ipchanger-otbr
For this project, I built an IP changer for a game to enable users to login into private servers. It's the only IP changer for this game that works on Linux as well as with any version of the game.
- Crates Bot (Development)https://github.com/rust-br/crates-bot
I created a telegram bot to search Crates.io and send it as an inline message. This bot is used extensively by the community in the Brazilian Rust group.
- Speaker at the Developer Conference (SP 2018) (Other amazing things)https://github.com/gugahoa/op_wrapper
I gave a 25-minute-long talk teaching how to quickly create CLI apps using the Thunder library. The talk was a live coding session, mixing together coding and presentation.
The code for the talk can be seen at the link above.
- Thunder Rust Library (Development)https://github.com/rust-clique/thunder
I have contributed to the Thunder Rust library, a zero-boilerplate command-line argument parsing in Rust.
The Thunder project got accepted into Rust Clique, the CLI Quality Enhancement working group.
It was also the subject of a talk that I gave at the Developer Conference (SP 2018).
- Projeto ALES (Other amazing things)https://projetoales.com.br/
I founded Projeto ALES with a friend; it's a place where we gather volunteers to teach diverse subjects to public school students. Currently, I teach Elixir to a class of 20 students with ages varying from 12 to 17 years old.
Libraries/APIsReact, Node.js, ReasonReact, Vue.js
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Concurrent Programming, Microservices, DevOps, Event Sourcing
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, DigitalOcean, New Relic
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Relational Databases, Elasticsearch, AWS DynamoDB
ToolsVim Text Editor, Apache HTTP Server
OtherDistributed Systems, System Design, Site Reliability, Relational Algebra, Relational Database Design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2014 - 2018University of São Paulo - São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil