Verified Expert in Engineering
Slack, GitHub, Vi, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built, as co-founder and CTO, is EmCasa.com, a real estate platform, raising USD $1 million in seed money and now serving thousands of users.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Wrote a new application for recipients of parcels to track upwards of 100 million deliveries per year.
- Rewrote an application for route calculation in React and Next.js.
- Implemented automated tests and revamped the Google Cloud serverless back-end handing millions of documents and processing multiple entries per second.
- Led the team creating Toptal's new talent activation experience.
- Recruited front-end and back-end engineers.
- Mentored senior engineers in Toptal's core team.
- Worked in the growth department to start a new team serving Toptal talent.
- Oversaw the rewriting of large applications in React and GraphQL.
CTO and Co-founder
- Created the entire MVP in Elixir and React along with brand and product designs.
- Created and expanded the API in Elixir serving web and native clients with microsecond response times.
- Created and expanded the web client with Next.js (a React framework) to include a live dashboard, among other things.
- Assembled and managed the remote product and tech team of five people, using Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Raised USD $1 million in the seed round from respected VCs in Silicon Valley and Brazil.
- Built a modern API web client in React for a peer-to-peer organic food startup.
- Built the front-end in Ruby on Rails for a gourmet coffee subscription startup.
- Built and managed a 14-person team to develop an ambitious startup for large-scale events.
- Successfully built and deployed entire websites with high spikes of traffic such as BetteMidler.com.
- Built a tool where investors can look up public companies’ P/E values averaged over trailing 10 years, with continuous, live updating of real data.
- Created visual identity and websites for a major recruiting and human resources company with a revenue of over $100 million at the time.
- Helped large telecoms improve and explain their internal processes using the web.
- Developed highly interactive training materials for Renault technicians and sales personnel.
- Built an ambitious social network for collaboration, in continuous use to this day.
Gradually, the team grew, and I moved toward managing the team, including the native app in React Native, and coded mostly on the front-end day to day.
The company was accelerated by the Harvard Business School and raised USD $1 million in seed money. Now it's serving tens of thousands of customers per month in the real estate space in Brazil.
As the company took form, we grew to a product/dev team of 14 people among programmers and designers. I was able to be part of most technical sides of the project, focusing mostly on the front-end.
Look in Tens | Web Applicationhttps://github.com/gusaiani/look-in-tens
Grid Real Estate
Via Mia eCommercehttp://www.viamia.com.br
YARN, Next.js, Phoenix, Redux, CakePHP, Vue SSR, React Native, Slim
Styled-jsx, jQuery, React, Google Maps API
NPM, ITerm, GitHub, Git, Zsh, Oh My Zsh, Stylus, Slack, Webpack
Scrum, REST, Functional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Serverless Architecture, Agile
Cloud Firestore, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Serverless, User Interface (UI), Scrum Master, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Styled-components, CTO, Vi, Investment Banking
Banking & Finance
B.F.A. Degree in Jazz and Contemporary Music
New School University - New York City
B.F.A. Degree in Graphic Design
PUC Rio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro