Co-founder2019 - PRESENTJuno
Technologies: Cypress.io, CircleCI, AWS ELB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Sequelize, Express.js, Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Built the application from the ground up—a marketplace between health benefits providers and businesses. It integrates with Stripe API, Zendesk API, and Mailjet API and uses a PERN stack on an AWS architecture.
- Implemented and oversaw the implementation of the continuous integration and engineering processes, using Docker, CircleCI, and Github and the end-to-end testing and unit testing.
- Integrated a complete analytics ecosystem for the business, gathering data from the platform, marketing campaigns, websites, and sales CRM. Integrated them through segment and developed business intelligence reports for the whole company on Mode.
Full-stack Developer2018 - PRESENTFreelance
- Developed an NPM package providing format-agnostic search capabilities, including on deeply-nested objects and arrays of objects; and components to implement search boxes in React applications, styled and non-styled.
- Developed a custom website for a plumbing business, including server-side rendering to ensure good SEO.
- Provided consultancy to several businesses regarding startup fundraising, architecture, and tech team management.
Chief Operating Officer2016 - 2019Tido Music
Technologies: Mixpanel API, MySQL
- Designed and managed an innovative usage-based revenue share mechanism between publishers and Tido, including all SQL code, providing to-the-second accurate reporting.
- Unlocked a year-long problem preventing the release of the Tido Music app, bringing together stakeholders from the engineering, product, business, and content teams and delivered within six months and under budget.
- Oversaw the delivery of a greenfield CMS for the conversion of scanned sheet music to a digital version usable by the Tido application, in partnership with a Queen's University team for the research aspects.
- Led the R&D tax relief program at Tido, claiming more than £2.1 million over three years.
Director of Products2014 - 2016Newzulu
Technologies: Product Analytics, Engineering Management, Product Strategy
- Led the team that released the first 24/7 live crowd-sourced and produced TV, a project of more than £1.1 million of investment, involving an operational team of 15 people in New York, Toronto, London, Paris, and Sydney.
- Led preparations for three technical due diligence required for mergers by Newzulu.
- Integrated three engineering teams post-merger, totaling 25 people in Lyon,. Paris, and Toronto.