Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architect and Developer
Hakan is a highly-motivated, results-focused software engineer and architect. He has substantial experience working with the Java stack, developing solutions with Docker and Kubernetes, implementing the CI/CD process with Jenkins, and handling various databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Redis, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch. With over 15 years of experience developing enterprise software for multiple sectors, Hakan is keen on software architecture, product development, and technical leadership.
Java, Spring, Spring Boot
The most amazing...
...accomplishment I've achieved was the opportunity to gain enterprise software development experience for the telecommunications, banking, and insurance sectors.
- Designed the new modules architecture and created high-level design documents.
- Picked the correct technology stack for the business requirements.
- Handled the technical management of up to 20 developers and reviewed their code.
- Ensured the product's code quality manually and integrated various code quality tools.
- Estimated the project budget considering given business requirements.
Chief Software Architect
- Undertook the technical responsibility for several enterprise products.
- Designed and implemented various modules on different products and domains.
- Acted as a technical manager of more than 20 developers and provided code reviews.
- Moved several legacy products to an AWS cloud environment.
- Designed and implemented a high-performant, scalable SMS gateway.
- Reviewed all the code submitted by the 10-people development team.
- Integrated the continuous deployment to the company's products.
Software Engineering Manager
- Took responsibility for the financial collection platform used by the largest banks in Turkey.
- Improved the overall code quality by coaching the developers on the products' design and development.
- Delivered products with limited time and budget following the Scrum methodology.
- Designed and implemented a framework applied to all the company's products.
- Created the CI/CD process for all the applications in the company's portfolio.
- Moved desktop applications from SQL and PowerBuilder to the Java tech stack.
- Used ETL to migrate data from various Oracle, IBM Db2, and SQL Server databases to the Sybase IQ database for one of the largest banks in Turkey.
- Implemented a CRM application to better understand the customer needs and quickly provide the right solutions.
- Optimized many SQL procedures and queries to perform better.
- Implemented the software application for an information security management platform.
- Automated the tests that were previously done manually. Reduced the product's test time from days to minutes.
- Tested and created installation scripts to run the application on different platforms.
Jive Enterprise Work Platform
Financial Software Framework
Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate, Mockito, JUnit, Spring 4, Spring 5, PowerMock, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), OAuth 2, Adobe Flex, Angular, JBoss Seam, Activiti BPM
JMS, Apache Lucene, REST APIs, Liquibase, OpenAPI, React
RabbitMQ, Jenkins, ActiveMQ, Gradle, Apache Maven, Keycloak, Flyway, Kafka Streams
Agile Software Development, Microservices, Microservices Architecture
Docker, Apache Kafka, Oracle, Kubernetes, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, SQL Server 2005, NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, IBM Db2
Software Development, Software Design, WebLogic, GlassFish, Sybase IQ, Science, CI/CD Pipelines, RESTful Services, Software Architecture, System Design, Architecture, API Integration, APIs, Back-end, Back-end Development, Leadership, Scalability, Performance, Integration, Data Engineering, Cloud, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
Master's Degree in Information Technology
Sabanci University - Istanbul, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Middle East Techical University | METU - Ankara, Turkey