Chief AI Officer2016 - PRESENTCognoa
Technologies: Analytics, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Leadership, Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Healthcare Services, OpenCV, PyTorch, OpenFrameworks, TensorFlow, Pandas, Computer Vision, Object Detection, Object Tracking, Image Processing
- Recruited, hired, onboarded, and oversaw a data science team.
- Applied machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) to build diagnostic classifiers for pediatric behavioral health conditions.
- Developed proof points for the efficacy of the product by running properly blinded, sufficiently powered clinical validation studies.
- Provided timely insights by building and maintaining user analytics pipelines and visualization.
CTO2020 - 2021Mathisit, Inc.
Technologies: Machine Learning, Image Recognition, Convolutional Neural Networks, Classification Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Remote Team Leadership, Computer Vision, Advisory, Technology Consulting, TensorFlow, Pandas, Object Detection, Image Processing, Hugging Face, OCR, Text Recognition
- Advised a team of developers and data scientists on the technical roadmap and algorithm development strategy for a software holding company.
- Recruited, ramped up, and oversaw a technical team of developers and data scientists.
- Advised the company's executive leadership on the overall tech strategy and roadmap.
Principal Data Scientist2014 - 2016Teradata
Technologies: Scikit-learn, R, Python, Leadership, Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Advisory, Technical Consulting, Computer Vision, Object Detection, Object Tracking, Image Processing
- Managed Think Big's data science consultation practice in the West Coast region.
- Worked on big data science problems across multiple industries like eCommerce, fintech, biopharma, and medical imaging.
- Applied ML techniques to various use cases like recommendation engines, customer profiling, churn modeling, predictive analytics, user segmentation, process optimization, next best action detection, and search relevance ranking.
- Helped to close multiple sales and build repeatable consulting relationships with large enterprise customers.
Senior Research Scientist2009 - 2012eBay
Technologies: Java, Hadoop, Computer Vision, Image Processing, OCR, Text Recognition
- Led an applied research team. Built eBay's first machine-learned search relevance ranking engine from the ground up.
- Managed multiple research tracks, grew a team of top-talent researchers, oversaw IP processes, and more.
- Was involved in machine learning, data mining, auction modeling, user modeling and classification, click log analysis, and more.
Machine Learning Research Scientist2009 - 2009SearchMe
- Developed an adaptive multimedia search relevance ranking system using machine learning (ML).
- Experimented with ML ensemble decision trees using TreeNet.
- Mentored new hires and ramped them up on the experimental framework.
- Ran A/B testing experiments to produce evidence in support of improvement hypotheses.
Research Lead2006 - 2008Code Green Networks
- Developed an NLP system to classify documents reliably on live network feeds.
- Contributed to the production R&D cycle by writing production code and fixing bugs in Java and C.
- Supervised offline experimentation to develop more efficient algorithms underlying the product features.
Research Staff2005 - 2006Columbia University — CCLS Lab
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Java, OCR, Text Recognition
- Developed a statistical-rule-based hybrid ML system for the automatic translation of natural language news headlines.
- Worked on Arabic/English automated translation systems.
- Applied validation tests and reported incremental improvements using the BLEU score.