Web Developer2012 - PRESENTG2 Crowd
- Created a merit badge system based on user contribution/activity on a website.
- Created a preference-based email notification framework.
- Monitored and analyzed application performance metrics to improve response times.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Created a client-side live preview profile editor.
- Implemented a full-text search engine using Solr to build powerful search/filtering functionality.
- Supported day-to-day operations of the website.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Encyclopaedia Britannica
Technologies: jQuery, Apache Tomcat, Apache Lucene, Hibernate, Spring, Java
- Designed and implemented the internal search service for all of Britannica’s client web applications using Lucene.
- Implemented a continuous delivery system to automate the building, testing, and deployment of web applications & services.
- Overhauled the existing internal authentication/authorization library and service.
- Worked as lead developer on the existing internal usage statistics gathering/reporting subsystem.
- Created a RESTful web service to serve up JSON/XML content to Britannica applications on mobile platforms.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Whirlpool Corporation
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF), Eclipse, Java
- Implemented the runtime execution engine for a test system using the hierarchical state machine pattern.
- Designed and implemented a layered framework for home appliance serial bus communication drivers.
- Implemented a visitor framework using EMF encoded UML to intelligently drive an object graph traversal algorithm to achieve significant performance improvements for extremely large object compositions.
- Implemented a content validation framework that offered a substantial performance improvement to the existing validation framework in EMF.
- Implemented and deployed Java Servlets on JBoss Server to maintain a global database for storing appliance functional identifiers and managing Subversion directory access permissions.
- Developed a Subversion plug-in for seamless integration of a version control system with the content editor.