DevOps Engineer2018 - 2019Organixx
- Migrated to multi-cloud architecture using AWS and Azure infrastructure.
- Implemented ChatOps writing custom Microsoft bot builder with Basecamp integration.
- Automated the deployment of infrastructure using cloud-formation and Terraform.
- Implemented CI/CD using Jenkins, Puppet and cloud-formation custom resources.
- Reduced costs of infrastructure by 40%.
- Reduced deployment times from 30 mins to less than one second.
Cloud and DevOps Automation Engineer2017 - 2019Cisco
Technologies: AWS, Cisco Cloud Suite, Ansible, ACI
- Automated an SDN solution using Ansible and Cisco ACI.
- Implemented CI/CD for Ansible and Cisco ACI.
- Architected the virtualization solution for telecommunication customers.
- Created and implemented optimizations for existing Cisco cloud customers.
- Implemented a KVM-based virtualization solution.
DevOps Engineer2016 - 2019Misk Foundation (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS, Serverless, Packer, Terraform, Ansible
- Secured existing AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented and deployed end-to-end AWS infrastructure with Terraform.
- Optimized the Jira deployments to improve performance and reduce costs further.
- Implemented CI/CD using Jenkins and the AWS CI/CD tooleset.
- Automated the provisioning of operating systems and the creation of AMIs using Ansible.
- Helped the development team with deployment pipelines of the new serverless application.
- Reduced AWS bills by 50%.
DevOps Engineer2016 - 2018Trunorth Management, LLC. (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS, LAMP Stack, Rackspace, Puppet, Consul, Packer
- Secured and managed the existing infrastructure on Rackspace.
- Architected the AWS infrastructure as per well-architected guidelines.
- Migrated the workloads from Rackspace to AWS.
- Improved the infrastructure to handle hyper launches gracefully without crashing.
- Implemented security practices through out the organization and AWS infrastructure.
- Reduced deployment times from 30 minutes to less than one second.
- Implemented CI/CD using Jenkins, Puppet, and CloudFormation.
- Set up cross-region HA for applications.
- Cross-trained different teams on AWS, development, and security best practices.
- Worked with developers to implement best development practices to stabilize the application and eCommerce website.
DevOps Engineer (AWS)2016 - 2016Curology (via Toptal)
- Redesigned the infrastructure to reduce costs.
- Redesigned the infrastructure to increase efficiency.
- Improved security posture of the whole AWS infrastructure.
- Helped the developers team with following best development practices to increase application efficient and stabilize deployments.
- Deployed CI/CD infrastructure using Jenkins.
- Implemented a ChatOps solution with a Slack integration.
Software Engineer2012 - 2016Cisco (via Cloud9 Networks)
Technologies: Cisco UCSD, Cisco PSC, ACI, Cisco UCS, Linux, OpenStack, Docker, Vagrant, Python, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes
- Deployed a Federal cloud solution using Cisco UCSD, PSC and ACI.
- Automated the whole customer infrastructure deployment using Puppet and Cisco IAC.
- Created and developed a custom virtual desktop infrastructure solution.
- Automated the deployment of OpenStack for the development team utilizing Vagrant and DevStack.
- Created a custom solution to automate the data center upgrade including upgrading the Cisco network devices configuration using Python and Django.
Lead Systems Engineer2009 - 2011AddKick
Technologies: Linux, MySQL, OpenX, Zabbix, Python
- Implemented the complete infrastructure on AWS.
- Tuned and configured OpenX for best performance at scale to be able to serve ads to millions of users.
- Deployed and configured monitoring solution.
- Wrote custom alert connector in Python to send network management staion alerts to gTalk.
- Built custom backup and backup monitoring scripts in Python for the whole infrastructure.
Senior Technical Consultant2007 - 2009Triana Global
Technologies: AWS, MySQL, Linux, Python, Xen, Zimbra
- Provided the management with open source solutions for reducing costs.
- Implemented the whole Triana Global Infrastructure on AWS; migrated Triana Global applications to AWS.
- Migrated the Triana Global Mail service to Zimbra.
- Automated the deployment of applications and backups.
- Implemented bandwidth monitoring.
Senior System Administrator2007 - 2008Affordable Programmers
Technologies: Python, Linux, PHP, Xen
- Deployed a Xen-based virtualization solution to host customer virtual machines.
- Wrote custom monitoring scripts to monitor different aspects of infrastructure.
- Assisted the team manager in managing the system administration team.
- Wrote migrations scripts to automate the migration of customer applications.
- Improvised a security policy and implemented it.
Systems Engineer2005 - 2007PING Systems
Technologies: Linux, Python
- Created customized Linux Distribution for PING Systems clients.
- Developed a custom mail-server appliance.
- Deployed LTSP solutions for the enterprise clients.
- Provided LTSP solutions to the clients based on their business requirements.