Verified Expert in Engineering
Hamza is a full-stack web developer with over three years of experience creating web apps for startups and medium-sized businesses. He has operated in several industries, including eCommerce, health, and real estate. Hamza is a friendly and positive coworker who enjoys building long-term client relationships.
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, Bash
The most amazing...
...thing I've achieved is helping launch a project that generated over $1 million in revenue within a month, with over 13,000 registered users in a year.
- Set up data pipelines using Fivetran, ingesting data from multiple sources to Snowflake, and applied data transformations using dbt and SQL.
- Developed reports from the production database in Python 3 and the Jupyter Notebook, using libraries like pandas and NumPy.
- Synchronized a 3rd-party service with MySQL as a backfill job using asynchronous programming in Python with Asyncio. The total update volume was approximately 100,000.
- Created data pipelines in Apache Airflow from a production PostgreSQL database to Google Cloud SQL.
- Led a team of three for a project that boosts productivity by regulating and logging the current user's emotions and showing content to maintain or improve their emotional state. Technologies used were PostgreSQL, Node.js, TypeScript, and Kotlin.
- Developed custom charts for molecular biomarkers using HTML/CSS and Flexbox as a part of a larger blood reports dashboard.
- Created an MVP and helped launch a telehealth eCommerce application in Next.js and TypeScript, integrating third-party service providers, i.e., Storyblok, BigCommerce, Tray.io, Healthie, Auth0, and Recurly, and participated in peer code reviews.
- Created a microservice for search and analytics features using PostgreSQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch in Node.js for a real-estate business. For more than 4.5 million records to search in the database, the average response time is 500 milliseconds.
- Moved static websites deployed on EC2 instances in AWS to S3 buckets and created AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild projects for CI/CD.
Junior Full-stack Developer
- Produced the attendance and quizzes module for an online learning platform in Node.js using Socket.IO.
- Created the MVP for a marketing and revenue prediction platform, integrating Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger for hotels and restaurants in Node.js, MongoDB, and React.
- Developed an eCommerce application with the admin panel, designed the architecture, and built the REST API in Node.js with MongoDB. The listed products had hundreds of thousands of variations.
Junior Front-end Developer
- Built an MVP for an online appointment booking application for people with psychological health issues in Next.js and React.
- Developed a timeline UI that records each incident of patient/doctor interaction and the doctor's notes.
- Created email newsletters design for an eCommerce application in Bootstrap and HTML/CSS.
- Built eCommerce functions like order management, checkout, favorites, and carts for a health-care application that hosts products for joint support like elbow, knee, back, and ankle braces.
It is a healthcare and eCommerce application focusing on improving health via molecular biomarkers and pharmaceutical medicines to optimize them.
It has several third-party APIs integrations, such as Storyblok for CMS, BigCommerce for products, Healthie for user/doctor interaction, and ButterflyLabs for Blood-tests. I was part of the team that developed the MVP and launched it. I builtmanyf key features, including a blood-test reports hub, a plan management interface, and a Lifeforce journey tracker. Translating from Figma, I created some resusable high-quality React components, which are being used throughout the application.
Within one month of post-launch, it made over $1 million in revenue. As of now, a year later, it has made over $8 million in revenue.
It is a web application supporting real-estate businesses where anyone can sell, buy, and rent properties like apartments and houses. I developed a microservice to enhance the search and analytics feature for the home page built using ElasticSearch and Redis in Node.js. I wrote recursive and complex PostgreSQL queries to support this microservice.
Additionally, I migrated the deployment of the front end from EC2 to S3 buckets in AWS and implemented CI/CD using CodePipline. The search response time was brought down to an average of 500ms, and page load time was significantly decreased.
The source database was in PostgreSQL hosted on Google Cloud, and the data would be fetched using PostgreSQL queries. After applying proper transformations in some queries, the resultant dataset would be upserted (created or replaced) into the data warehouse at regular intervals.
It is an eCommerce application for paper products. Due to the nature of the project, a custom solution was needed. Its products had over 300,000 variations, making optimizing user experience a huge challenge.
I worked on the product detail page for the customer-facing application, developed the admin portal, and created REST APIs. Additionally, I designed the architecture and ERD to cater to this project's specific needs. I deployed the whole application on AWS using S3 and EC2.
The client's business went smoothly and gave him a strong base to build on top of it further.
It is a healthcare application providing services to users with psychological health issues. The appointment booking and assessment modules in the system are worth mentioning. A custom solution was developed for these modules. I developed the MVP for this project by setting up the architecture and building the REST API and front end in Next.js.
I also deployed the web application's front and back end in AWS S3 and EC2.
This application makes it easier for people to reach out to an expert in case they face any mental and emotional issues.
It is a SaaS platform for restaurants to monitor and interact with their social media engagements. Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger APIs were integrated into this project.
I worked on this project solo, designing the architecture and making an end-to-end delivery by building the MVP. This project was deployed on AWS using S3 and EC2.
It allowed restaurant owners to monitor and interact with their social media engagements across multiple platforms and track their progress.
It is an educational platform allowing schools to deliver quality education during the COVID-19 pandemic. It included course planning, attendance, quizzes, and lectures.
I set up the back-end logic for the attendance and quizzes module. Socket.IO was used on the server and client sides to consume real-time mobile application responses.
During the pandemic, schools weren't open, so this application presented an opportunity to continue quality education for students in their schools.
Next.js, Express.js, MUI (Material UI), Tailwind CSS, Redux, NestJS, Bootstrap, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Node.js, React, REST APIs, Chart.js, Socket.IO, Pandas, NumPy, BigCommerce API, React Redux, Passport.js, Facebook API, Instagram API, Facebook Messenger API
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, JSON, MySQL, Database Modeling, Redis, Elasticsearch, Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Pipelines
Front-end, APIs, Full-stack, Back-end, Web Development, API Integration, User Interface (UI), Server-side Rendering (SSR), Storyblok, Technical Leadership, Responsive UI, Architecture, Webhooks, WebSockets, Web Dashboards, Tray, Stripe Payments, eCommerce, Joi, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Fivetran, Data Warehousing, Reports, SaaS, Third-party APIs
Prisma, Git, GitHub, Sequelize, Apache Airflow, Auth0, MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Shell, Canva, Mongoose
Jupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Amazon EC2, Firebase, AWS Lambda