Lead Full-stack Engineer2022 - PRESENTAnchor AI
- Assumed responsibility for developing the React MVP with the Firebase back end; improved performance, fixed bugs, and added features to get it to a public beta launch within just a few weeks.
- Improved stability of Anchor AI's Zoom bot to record live meetings.
- Created a design system with all basic and advanced components created from scratch using HTML and CSS without using UI frameworks such as Material UI.
- Configured, maintained, and optimized Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS.
Chief Software Development Engineer2021 - 2022Fountain Life
- Architected and developed a large distributed message queue with a data lake and over 120 microservices.
- Led a global development team with over 12 developers spread across multiple time zones, including UI/UX developers, front-end, back-end, full-stack engineers, QA automation, and data engineers.
- Coordinated testing and release cycles, reviewed code through merge/pull requests, and mentored team members.
- Worked with Google and third-party cloud consultants to scale, improve and harden the company's cloud infrastructure.
CTO | Full-stack Developer2020 - 2022ZeroBase
Technologies: Google APIs, Cloud Architecture, Database Design, User Interface (UI), ECMAScript (ES6), JSON, Front-end, Web Development, Back-end, Unit Testing, Serverless, Microservices, APIs, Solution Architecture, Cloud, Full-stack, ETL Development, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Cloud, Financial Reporting, Financial Data, REST APIs, NoSQL, Angular, TypeScript, Firebase Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Firebase, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture, Architecture
- Designed the application architecture and data structure for a cloud-based business planning application from scratch to launch with over 50 users on two continents in under 75 days.
- Developed the business logic, back end, and database functionality with TypeScript for cloud functions and Python.
- Managed a multinational team of two to three front-end developers and provided ongoing user support while developing new features for the application.
Chief GCP Engineer2021 - 2021Fountain Life LLC
- Designed and implemented Fountain Life's Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure, including Security/IAM, Cloud Endpoints with ESPv2, Google Pub/Sub, Compute Engine, and more.
- Developed a healthcare journey finite state machine, a containerized service at the core of the operating system, and multiple React web applications.
- Built Gitlab CI/CD pipelines for cloud run, app engine, and cloud functions.
- Coordinated testing and release cycles, reviewed code through merge/pull requests, and mentored team members. Created, assigned, and managed engineering tasks based on user stories.
- Hosted daily scrum-style team stand-ups, tech-stack reviews, and sharing of principles and best-practices.
General Manager2017 - 2019Dream Hotel Group, LLC
Technologies: Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Hotels & Lodging, Management, Operations
- Developed and led a team of over 75 staff in all daily functions after stabilizing operations at the flagship property, including the hotel and multiple food and beverage venues.
- Evaluated performance, motivated staff, resolved operational issues, and defined financial objectives. Fostered close relationships and collaboration with corporate management and hotel ownership.
- Improved average guest service scores from 3.4 to 4.4 while increasing the STR RevPAR index from the low 70s to over 100.
Consultant2016 - 2017PUBLIC Hotels
Technologies: Financial Data, PCI, Electronic Payments, Point of Sale, IT Support, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Budgeting, Financial Reporting
- Created a Tableau-based business intelligence and reporting platform to provide analysis and recommendations for the general manager and executive committee.
- Oversaw the initial rollout of Oracle MICROS POS and electronic payment throughout the property and ensured a successful migration to EMV terminals, including planning, testing, deployment, and post-go-live support.
- Managed the successful integration of the online and mobile ordering solution into the on-property POS system.
Senior IBM TM1 Consultant2014 - 2015Aviana Global Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Financial Reporting, Financial Data, ETL, Databases, Scripting, IBM Cognos, TM1, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture, Architecture
- Led projects and architected solutions for key hospitality clients and financial institutions.
- Designed and implemented a daily operations report, budgeting, and forecasting solution for an American casino and entertainment properties' four Nevada casinos.
- Developed and integrated revenue and profitability reporting solution for enhanced asset valuation at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- Implemented allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL) and branch scorecards at Central Pacific Bank in Hawaii.
Founder | Full-stack Developer2012 - 2014StrideFly Tracking Systems
- Designed and developed a real-time tracking system for outdoor running events, consisting of a tracking server to perform geographic calculations and a web-based interface to display runners' movements with detailed statistics and projections.
- Pivoted from an internet-based system to a self-contained solution utilizing a custom-built radiofrequency GPS tracker to solve cellular connectivity issues at remote event locations.
- Oversaw the prototype launch at a 24-hour Ragnar Trail running event with hundreds of participants.
Technology and Management Roles2004 - 2011Deutsche Bank
Technologies: Financial Services, Fintech, Java, IT Support, Options Trading, Trading Systems, Linux, Scripting, Terminal
- Provided support for all equity derivatives risk and trading applications on Deutsche Bank's New York trading floor.
- Created a weekend training program that focused on closing knowledge gaps and forming a team bond, allowing the team to excel in the high-pressure trading floor environment.
- Led operational and business management activities for the North American equity derivatives trading desk and oversaw control and support groups for obtaining new business approvals to establish additional revenue streams.