CTO | Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTZeroBase
Technologies: Google APIs, Cloud Architecture, Database Design, UI, ECMAScript (ES6), JSON, Front-end, Web Development, Back-end, Unit Testing, Serverless, Microservices, APIs, Solution Architecture, Cloud, Full-stack, ETL Development, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Cloud, Financial Reporting, Financial Data, REST APIs, NoSQL, Angular, TypeScript, Firebase Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Firebase
- Designed the application architecture and data structure for a cloud-based business planning application from scratch to go-live with over 50 users on two continents in under 75 days.
- Developed the business logic, back end, and database functionality with TypeScript for Cloud Functions and Python.
- Managed a multinational team of two to three front-end developers and provided ongoing user support while developing new features for the application.
General Manager2017 - 2019Dream Hotel Group, LLC
Technologies: Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Hotels & Lodging, Management, Operations
- Developed and led a team of over 75 staff in all daily functions after stabilizing operations at the flagship property, including hotel and multiple food and beverage venues.
- Evaluated performance, motivated staff, resolved operational issues and defined financial objectives. Fostered close relationships and collaboration with corporate management and hotel ownership.
- Improved average guest service scores from 3.4 to 4.4 while increasing the STR RevPAR index from low 70s to over 100.
Consultant2016 - 2017PUBLIC Hotels
Technologies: Financial Data, PCI, Electronic Payments, Point of Sale, IT Support, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Budgeting, Financial Reporting
- Created a Tableau-based business intelligence and reporting platform to provide analysis and recommendations for the general manager and executive committee.
- Oversaw the initial rollout of Oracle MICROS POS and electronic payment throughout the property and ensured a successful migration to EMV terminals, including planning, testing, deployment, and post go-live support.
- Managed the successful integration of the online and mobile ordering solution into the on-property POS system.
Senior IBM TM1 Consultant2014 - 2015Aviana Global Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Financial Reporting, Financial Data, ETL, Databases, Scripting, IBM Cognos, TM1
- Led projects and architected solutions for key hospitality clients and financial institutions.
- Designed and implemented a daily operations report and budgeting and forecasting solution for American Casino & Entertainment Properties' four Nevada casinos.
- Developed and integrated revenue and profitability reporting solution for enhanced asset valuation at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- Implemented allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL) and branch scorecards at Central Pacific Bank in Hawaii.
Founder | Full-stack Developer2012 - 2014StrideFly Tracking Systems
- Designed and developed a real-time tracking system for outdoor running events, consisting of a tracking server to perform geographic calculations and a web-based interface to display runners' movements with detailed statistics and projections.
- Pivoted from an internet-based system to a self-contained solution utilizing a custom-built radiofrequency GPS tracker to solve cellular connectivity issues at remote event locations.
- Oversaw the prototype launch at a 24-hour Ragnar Trail running event with hundreds of participants.
Technology and Management Roles2004 - 2011Deutsche Bank
Technologies: Financial Services, Fintech, Java, IT Support, Options Trading, Trading Systems, Linux, Scripting, Terminal
- Provided support for all equity derivatives risk and trading applications on Deutsche Bank's New York trading floor.
- Created a weekend training program that focused on closing knowledge gaps and forming a team bond, allowing the team to excel in the high-pressure environment of a trading floor.
- Led operational and business management activities for the North American equity derivatives trading desk and oversaw control and support groups for obtaining new business approvals to establish additional revenue streams.