Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Architect Developer
Node.js, Firebase, Linux, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, React, TypeScript, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
The most amazing...
...system I've developed is a healthcare OS with a composable microservice architecture built around a big data lake for a startup backed by Tony Robbins.
Lead Full-stack Engineer
- Assumed responsibility for developing the React MVP with the Firebase back end; improved performance, fixed bugs, and added features to get it to a public beta launch within just a few weeks.
- Improved stability of Anchor AI's Zoom bot to record live meetings.
- Created a design system with all basic and advanced components created from scratch using HTML and CSS without using UI frameworks such as Material UI.
- Configured, maintained, and optimized Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS.
Chief Software Development Engineer
- Architected and developed a large distributed message queue with a data lake and over 120 microservices.
- Led a global development team with over 12 developers spread across multiple time zones, including UI/UX developers, front-end, back-end, full-stack engineers, QA automation, and data engineers.
- Coordinated testing and release cycles, reviewed code through merge/pull requests, and mentored team members.
- Worked with Google and third-party cloud consultants to scale, improve and harden the company's cloud infrastructure.
CTO | Full-stack Developer
- Designed the application architecture and data structure for a cloud-based business planning application from scratch to launch with over 50 users on two continents in under 75 days.
- Developed the business logic, back end, and database functionality with TypeScript for cloud functions and Python.
- Managed a multinational team of two to three front-end developers and provided ongoing user support while developing new features for the application.
Chief GCP Engineer
Fountain Life LLC
- Designed and implemented Fountain Life's Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure, including Security/IAM, Cloud Endpoints with ESPv2, Google Pub/Sub, Compute Engine, and more.
- Developed a healthcare journey finite state machine, a containerized service at the core of the operating system, and multiple React web applications.
- Built Gitlab CI/CD pipelines for cloud run, app engine, and cloud functions.
- Coordinated testing and release cycles, reviewed code through merge/pull requests, and mentored team members. Created, assigned, and managed engineering tasks based on user stories.
- Hosted daily scrum-style team stand-ups, tech-stack reviews, and sharing of principles and best-practices.
Dream Hotel Group, LLC
- Developed and led a team of over 75 staff in all daily functions after stabilizing operations at the flagship property, including the hotel and multiple food and beverage venues.
- Evaluated performance, motivated staff, resolved operational issues, and defined financial objectives. Fostered close relationships and collaboration with corporate management and hotel ownership.
- Improved average guest service scores from 3.4 to 4.4 while increasing the STR RevPAR index from the low 70s to over 100.
- Created a Tableau-based business intelligence and reporting platform to provide analysis and recommendations for the general manager and executive committee.
- Oversaw the initial rollout of Oracle MICROS POS and electronic payment throughout the property and ensured a successful migration to EMV terminals, including planning, testing, deployment, and post-go-live support.
- Managed the successful integration of the online and mobile ordering solution into the on-property POS system.
Senior IBM TM1 Consultant
Aviana Global Technologies, Inc.
- Led projects and architected solutions for key hospitality clients and financial institutions.
- Designed and implemented a daily operations report, budgeting, and forecasting solution for an American casino and entertainment properties' four Nevada casinos.
- Developed and integrated revenue and profitability reporting solution for enhanced asset valuation at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- Implemented allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL) and branch scorecards at Central Pacific Bank in Hawaii.
Founder | Full-stack Developer
StrideFly Tracking Systems
- Designed and developed a real-time tracking system for outdoor running events, consisting of a tracking server to perform geographic calculations and a web-based interface to display runners' movements with detailed statistics and projections.
- Pivoted from an internet-based system to a self-contained solution utilizing a custom-built radiofrequency GPS tracker to solve cellular connectivity issues at remote event locations.
- Oversaw the prototype launch at a 24-hour Ragnar Trail running event with hundreds of participants.
Technology and Management Roles
- Provided support for all equity derivatives risk and trading applications on Deutsche Bank's New York trading floor.
- Created a weekend training program that focused on closing knowledge gaps and forming a team bond, allowing the team to excel in the high-pressure trading floor environment.
- Led operational and business management activities for the North American equity derivatives trading desk and oversaw control and support groups for obtaining new business approvals to establish additional revenue streams.
React Application for Meeting Organization & Collaborationhttps://hansluther.myportfolio.com/anchor-ai-make-the-most-of-meetings
After transitioning the project, I quickly began addressing issues to get to a beta release in short order:
* Added key features, such as sharing meetings, automatic action items, and organizing meetings into folders.
* Fixed codebase in adherence to best coding principles, specifically DRY (do not repeat yourself) and ETC (easy to change).
* Implemented a Design System with all basic and advanced UI elements that are clean, functional, and intuitive. I created components from scratch using HTML and CSS without using UI frameworks such as Material UI.
We launched Anchor AI to a closed beta within a few weeks, followed by a public release shortly after. The app is stable, and Anchor AI has experienced significant user growth. The code base is easy to maintain and allows for quick iteration of features.
Financial Planning System
Bank Regulatory Reports
I developed this app using Python to ETL the data into a Cloud Firestore database. A React front end accesses the data through a REST API exposed by Cloud Functions for Firebase.
Casino Revenue Reporting
Real-time Tracking System
Radio Frequency GPS Tracking System
The WPF client connects to the receiving XBee radio via a serial connection and plots GPS positions on a map enhanced with a predefined GPX course map.
Angular, .NET, Redux, Flask, Express.js, ASP.NET
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Google APIs, RxJS, Entity Framework, Web API, SQLAlchemy
Git, Terminal, Microsoft Excel, GitLab CI/CD, TM1, IBM Cognos, Google Sheets, Terraform
ETL, Management, Microservices, Database Design, RESTful Development, DevOps
MacOS, Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Algolia, Kubernetes
Databases, Cloud Firestore, NoSQL, SQLite, Google Cloud, Google Cloud Storage, JSON, Data Lakes, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Pipelines, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Data Lake Design
Business Logic, IT Projects, Google Cloud Functions, Firebase Cloud Functions, Scripting, Financial Data, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Cloud Storage, Full-stack, Cloud, Solution Architecture, APIs, Serverless, Back-end, Web Development, Front-end, Troubleshooting, Fintech, Dashboards, Hotels & Lodging, Casinos & Gaming, User Interface (UI), Cloud Architecture, Pub/Sub, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture, Architecture, Networking, Options Trading, ETL Development, Electronic Payments, Hardware Troubleshooting
Master's Degree in Computer Information Systems
Friedrich–Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg - Nuremberg, Germany