Hany Hesham Mohamed
Cloud Infrastructure Developer
Hany is a DevOps engineer working with Linux systems focusing on automation, continuous integration, delivery, and knowledge of open-source solutions. He has worked with container-based infrastructure using OpenShift, Kubernetes, ICP, and Docker Swarm. He has also used CI/CD with Jenkins, GitLab, and Github actions for deployment automation and on-prem and cloud with AWS, Google, and Azure. He has automated the installation of applications and services using Ansible and Terraform.
ExperienceLinux - 6 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 6 yearsKubernetes - 5 yearsCloud Infrastructure - 5 yearsOpenShift - 4 yearsRed Hat OpenShift - 3 yearsTerraform - 3 yearsHelm - 3 years
The most amazing...
...experience I’ve had is working for Redhat as a cloud consultant, traveling around the world, learning many skills, and discovering many cultures.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Created the infrastructure from scratch using Terraform scripts.
- Built CI/CD for the apps using Helm charts and Github actions.
- Maintained the production environment with HA systems.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Created, developed, and tested the environments of different applications by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on various cloud providers and leading the process of applications deployment.
- Orchestrated CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins, GitLab, and Github actions along with shell scripts.
- Automated provisioning infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible, and Python.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Worked with many customers across the world to develop, build, and manage their infrastructures.
- Collaborated with a wide range of tools and systems with other co-workers to achieve our goals.
- Built our agency to deliver more work to our customers and manage large projects.
- Helped customers with OpenShift App deployment including the migration of existing applications, built CI/CD pipelines, and enhanced software lifecycles.
- Assisted customers with administering and operating Red Hat products, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OpenShift Platform, GlusterFS, Satellite, Identity Management, and Ansible Tower.
- Implemented and integrated Red Hat’s OpenShift cloud platform.
- Led the migration process of on-prem apps to the cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Automated the installation process of applications and services using Ansible and DSC.
- Worked with DevOps tools like GitLab, Nagios, Prometheus, Sentry, Nexus, and MatterMost.
I provided a new feature, which allows enterprises to host some of their microservices architecture in a much more closely located server farm which leads to improved services quality and reduced costs.
Terraform, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Helm, Docker Compose, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GitLab, GitHub, Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, Amazon EKS, NGINX, Docker Swarm, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), Istio
Linux, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Red Hat Linux, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Red Hat OpenShift, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Cloud Infrastructure, Infrastructure, AWS DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Argo CD, Amazon RDS, Cloud, Containers, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Virtualization, Teams
Python, Bash Script
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Helwan - Cairo, Egypt
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
The Linux Foundation
Red Hat Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Red Hat Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)