Lead Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTSofihub
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, jOOQ, React, AWS
- Built Sofi Beacon, a platform for thousands of concurrent online GPS tracking devices that supports several models in one framework, comprehensive commands, and OTA. Based on JDK12, Spring Boot, Netty, AMQP, and Redis.
- Guided a new team member to work out a database archiving solution based on JDK12, Spring Boot, AWS Athena, Apache’s Hadoop, and Spark.
- Built Balena Cloud and Open Balena, an open-source solution for containerizing IoT devices on the cloud.
- Built a few website/demo side projects from scratch, based on AWS API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFront, React, Redux, Saga, and Ant Design. Trained team members and managed projects.
- Managed an offshore team on a few projects including APIs (Java, Spring Boot, and jOOQ), mobile apps (React Native), and admin consoles (React and Ant Design).
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Odecee (Cognizant)
Technologies: Gradle, Camel, Spring Boot, Sysl, Oracle, Docker, Redux, React, Spring, Java
- Built a product recommendation microservice based on JDK11 and rules engine from scratch for a project at ANZ.
- Built a microservice product, also for ANZ, for small business, using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Camel, React, Redux, Saga, OpenShift, and more.
Software Engineer2014 - 2017IRESS
- Designed and implemented a TypeScript code analysis tool to generate api document and enforce coding rules in the data layer.
- Designed and implemented widget plugins, item picker, account picker and account explorer, and portfolio picker. The account picker and explorer can support loading 110k accounts.
- Designed and developed the search feature/component in the front end.
- Developed the data layer for a notification and alert feature.
- Improved security and performance of the application, also enhanced the deployment tool (C# .NET).
Contractor Developer2014 - 2014Epictenet
Technologies: Web App Testing, REST, jQuery UI, jQuery, Universal Content Management (UCM), Oracle Fusion Middleware, Jersey, JAX-RS, JPA, EJB, JDeveloper, ADF, Core Java (J2EE)
- Resolved a blocker issue by using AM/VO instead of REST URL data control to deal with complex scenarios in ADF in my first two weeks on this project.
- Worked out all functions of my documents by using a library based on RIDC protocol to access a UCM file repository at the back end and ADF task flows with beans at the front end.
- Continuously improved the UI framework: Constructed some handy utility classes to handle mapping between POJO and JSON based on Apache BeanUtils and Jettison.
- Introduced a straightforward and flexible approach to call RESTful APIs through the ADF front end.
Project Lead, Development Manager2011 - 2014Oracle (China) Software Systems Co., Ltd.
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, XML, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Oracle Fusion HCM, WebCenter, JDeveloper, JUnit, ADF, Core Java (J2EE)
- Designed, developed, and maintained the Fusion HCM payroll Australia localization on several hands-on UI and reporting projects.
- Managed a sample implementation project for Fusion HCM HR and payroll China localization using a scrum approach and operating as scrum master.
- Received an employee recognition award in May 2013.