Chief Technical Officer2020 - PRESENTLulu
Technologies: Sentry, Test-driven Development (TDD), Node.js, Express.js, REST, iOS, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Algorithms
- Architected a Firebase NoSQL database to be optimized for REST API design and usage patterns.
- Established a Node.js/Express server to replace Google Cloud Functions for inefficient cases.
- Integrated user metrics and technical alarms into Lulu iOS code to ensure transparency related to product success.
- Incorporated a testing framework with strict guidelines that used Postman for integration testing and Jest for unit testing.
- Purged existing technologies of numerous security leaks, thereby securing code from internal and external abusive practices.
- Executed disaster analysis on a product from legal, social, business, and technical perspectives; determined problems, solutions, and priorities.
- Created a thorough go-to-market launch plan that accounted for each stakeholder and technical risk.
- Oversaw the development of iOS, Google Cloud Functions, and a website, while managing a team of contracted engineers.
Technical Team Lead2017 - 2019Bloomberg LP
Technologies: Design Patterns, MVC Design, SQL Performance, Performance, Data Architecture, SQL Architecture, Code Architecture, API Architecture, Agile, Project Management, Recruiting, Design Leadership, Technical Leadership, Team Leadership
- Championed the development and sale of Bloomberg's trade settlement product. Collaborated with hundreds of enterprise finance clients to transition each of their technology experiences smoothly to the new platform.
- Orchestrated and co-designed a centralized financial regulations engine, integrating numerous trade data structures and optimizing compliance for all customers.
- Rearchitected a trade dashboard to deliver data transformations and presentations via the back end, optimizing client device performance by up to 10 times.
- Conceptualized a performance and progress indicator for complex data delivery processes, bringing predictability and reliability to the overall system.
- Pioneered the company's first real-time, client-side filtering for client trade data without adding any additional network or input/output load on the system.
- Redesigned the data provider to introduce the possibility of hundreds of new data types and presentation styles by upgrading the data model per client needs and conducting infrastructure research.
- Quadrupled product usage in one year by strategically integrating front-office trade functionality into a dashboard, using the proper interface and modular design.
- Assembled several analytics panels for key back-end processes to preemptively identify performance bottlenecks.
Senior Software Engineer and Architect2016 - 2017Bloomberg LP
- Addressed performance and memory bottlenecks caused by growing trade volumes and product usage for each of our high-net-worth enterprise clients.
- Designed tools that automated product deployments for the entire department, thereby optimizing the process, introducing transparency, and reducing human error.
- Analyzed and comprehensively understood existing settlement trade codebases to lead the designs for the future technical stack and architecture.
- Engineered dashboard views and filters to support dynamic content for each user, powered by a flexible SQL and C++ back end.
- Pioneered a trade workflow back-end engine, using a strategy pattern-like architecture in C++ and Python that could handle thousands of trade actions per second.
- Created a trade data provider that delivered 10 million+ data points to thousands of users, using various aggregation, caching, and distribution mechanisms.
- Centralized and augmented 300+ QA workflows to be more comprehensive and account for realistic client scenarios.
- Conceptualized and implemented a dynamic error translation system, allowing clients and engineers to see transparent, informative feedback from the product.
- Led triage and resolutions for urgent client issues and bugs, significantly improving response times and client experience for all stakeholders.
- Assembled a suite of SQL database maintenance tools for teams across the department, standardizing database modifications and stability.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015Bloomberg
- Independently led projects to deprecate the existing post-trade blotter (MOM<GO>), managing both technology and client impacts.
- Devised asset investment manager's (AIM's) first trade data analytics component that monitored, aggregated, and analyzed thousands of trade relationships in real time across portfolios.
- Spearheaded a three-year process to migrate all of Bloomberg's trading clients onto a flagship trade printing product (PRNT<GO>), replacing six different legacy products.
- Introduced unit testing practices and continuous integration with Jenkins for the C++ and Python codebases.
- Designed various utilities to optimize redundant, high-risk tasks, reducing both database deployment and risk by 90%.
- Gained a deep understanding of client workflows through analytics and regular client visits, both domestic and international.
- Outperformed expectations within three months of joining the team, regarding triaging, diagnosing, and resolving bugs.
- Augmented several C++ and Python microservices in the trade workflow suite, making the codebase more modular and scalable.
- Mentored numerous interns at all skill levels to produce client-impacting, production-level applications.
- Created onboarding tools for new hires based on my own questions, which helped ease the onboarding process for many new hires and interns.