Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Software Developer
Hasitha is a multi-skilled engineer with expertise in data engineering, cloud-native development, and engineering. As a data engineer, he is experienced in architecting highly scalable data platforms. As a certified cloud architect, Hasitha is skilled in implementing state-of-the-art cloud solutions. As an engineer, he is proficient in the technicalities of different manufacturing processes. Hasitha aspires to be a leader in architecting data-driven solutions for businesses across the globe.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), DBeaver, pgAdmin
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a data lake solution deployed by integrating seven enterprise resource planning systems in seven countries to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Airflow and BigQuery Data Engineer
- Implemented Airflow ETL pipelines to support organization-wide analytics workloads.
- Initiated and managed dashboard migration from Periscope to Tableau while ensuring data engineering and data analytics best practices.
- Built core data models for OLAP workloads on BigQuery to populate Tableau dashboards.
- Carried out maintenance of the Astronomer airflow environment to keep production workloads running with no interruptions.
Specialist of Data Engineering and Data Science
- Implemented a data lake solution with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure by integrating seven enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems in seven countries.
- Developed highly-available and scalable ETLs to get data from the source ERP systems to the data lake using Oracle Data Integrator.
- Automated and organizational financial reporting process by utilizing the data lake to gain effort reduction and improved accuracy.
- Created insight generation dashboards for the management in functional areas of finance, sales, and manufacturing.
- Collaborated with different stakeholders to bring a data-driven decision-making culture to the organization.
- Initiated a big data infrastructure implementation to integrate data sources outside the traditional ERP ecosystem.
Excel and Macros Developer
ORBEAT MANAGEMENT CORP
- Developed an automated workflow to create contracts based on a given input set.
- Produced an app script code to read data from a Google Sheet and produce a contract document.
- Implemented the solution in the client's environment.
Senior AI and ML Consultant
- Developed machine learning-based algorithmic trading strategies and portfolio management techniques.
- Collaborated with the team to develop highly scalable machine learning solutions.
- Maintained the coding library with version control system GIT.
Cairnhill Capital Management
- Developed algorithms to build company stock portfolios based on different levels of financial and statistical filters.
- Automated the entire portfolio creation process cutting down lead time by two days.
- Versioned and maintained the company's code library.
Executive Supplier Performance Management
Brandix Apparel Limited
- Liaised to introduce a system that would eliminate material inspection to streamline the process and gain financial benefits.
- Collaborated with teammates to establish an upstream risk evaluation process that forecasts quality and color failures before bulk materialization.
- Automated supplier scorecards with Microsoft Excel VBA.
Project Cerebro | Data Lake and Data Warehouse Solution in Oracle Cloud
Project Cerebro was initiated to develop a data lake solution, which acts as the data repository for all data silos providing the capability to perform descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis. I worked as a data engineering and data science specialist driving the data engineering and data science aspects. Initially, all the ERP systems of the company across the globe were integrated into Oracle Cloud. Once the data was available in the object storage, ETLs were developed to clean and structure it according to various business use cases and load it into the data warehouse. ETLs were developed using Oracle Data Integrator and made highly scalable and available. Once the relevant data points were in the data warehouse, several Power BI dashboards were created to support management decision-making. Also, utilizing the object storage data, many machine learning algorithms were implemented to optimize and enhance production systems.
"Core Datasets" | A Single Source Truth for All Organizational Analytic Needs on GCP
As a part of the core datasets team, I collaborated in developing an industry-scale data warehouse on BigQuery, enabling access to data of the right quality to the entire organization. BigQuery acts as the central data repository and the single source of truth for all data needs. The core datasets are built to handle large-scale OLAP workloads in denormalized form. Utilizing these core data models, I created several Tableau dashboards to enable operational insights to the wider audience in the organizations.
Data Integration and Analytics with Being Unlimited on AWS
As a data architect, I've designed and implemented the data integration and analytics platform. The platform is based on AWS. It receives data from multiple websites' back ends via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) and Java database connectivity (JDBC) connections and stores raw data in Amazon S3 buckets. Then Amazon EMR cluster consumes the data to perform required analytics and pushes the analytics-ready data to Redshift using PySpark. Finally, the transformed data is used in AWS QuickSight to visualize and analyze various business intelligence needs.
Big Data Platform for Cryptocurrency Data Analytics on AWS
I developed a fully-automated data platform in AWS Cloud to ingest historical currency price actions, generate EMA and MACD signals for all eight million combinations of inputs, and thereby create backtesting reports to evaluate the performance of all the combinations. AWS Lambda was used to ingest the price action data into Amazon S3 buckets, and transformations were carried out using AWS EMR. All the data transformations were carried out with a serverless architecture to minimize the cost. The process was automated using AWS Lambda functions, AWS Step Functions, and Amazon EventBridge services.
SQL, Python, Excel VBA, Stored Procedure, XML, Google Apps Script
Apache Spark, Spark
Microsoft Power BI, AWS Glue, Power Query, Microsoft Excel, BigQuery, Apache Airflow, Excel 2010, Excel 2016, Oracle SQL Data Modeler, MATLAB, Cron, Amazon Athena, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Spark SQL, Git, Amazon QuickSight, Crystal Reports, Google Sheets, Tableau, G Suite, pgAdmin, Oracle Exadata
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Dimensional Modeling, Database Design, OLAP, Automation, Data Science
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter Notebook, Oracle, Oracle Database, SharePoint, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Salesforce, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Data Lakes, Oracle Cloud, Databases, AWS Data Pipeline Service, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Lake Design, Redshift, Data Pipelines, MySQL, SQL Stored Procedures, PostgreSQL, Relational Databases, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server, JSON, Database Administration (DBA), NoSQL, MongoDB, DBeaver
Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, ETL Tools, Excel 365, Data Warehouse Design, Data Analytics, ELT, Data Analysis, Data Architecture, Reports, Schemas, BI Reporting, Reporting, Statistical Modeling, Data Transformation, Dashboard Development, Star Schema, Data Processing, Data Processing Automation, CSV, Scripting, SSRS Reports, Data Queries, Google BigQuery, Macros, Dashboards, BI Reports, Pipelines, Data Build Tool (dbt), AWS Cloud Architecture, Dashboard Design, Web Scraping, Data Modeling, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Solution Architecture, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), R Programming, Digital Manufacturing, Applied Mathematics, APIs, Machine Learning, Big Data, Data Visualization, Automated Data Flows, XML for Analysis (XMLA), Statistics, Forecasting, Amazon RDS, Query Optimization, Partitioning, Data Mining, Big Data Architecture, Web Analytics, API Design, Web Servers, SFTP, Management Accounting, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Oracle Data Guard
PySpark, ODBC, REST APIs, JDBC, Salesforce API
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
University of Moratuwa - Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2023 Certified Professional
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
Amazon Web Services
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Associate
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Foundations 2021 Associate
Introduction to Designing Data Lakes on AWS
Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA)
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)