Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
Haydn has a wide variety of experience across companies from a two-person startup to Goldman Sachs and Google. His area of greatest consulting expertise is small- to mid-stage startups, but he also has experience with automated trading and Android development.
Git, Python, Java, Rust, IntelliJ, Linux, CLion
The most amazing...
...product that I've worked on is Google Jamboard, the first hardware product from GSuite.
- Developed a cloud service runtime featuring automatic cross-service transactions, automatic concurrency, and automatic GPU acceleration.
- Created a Python client that cross-compiled Python application code to TinyChain's native JSON representation.
- Built a self-sustaining business by offering custom software design and development services.
- Developed a low-energy Bluetooth (BLE) communication protocol for Google Jamboard and Android and iOS Jamboard apps.
- Designed and implemented customer identity authorization for Google Jamboard.
- Developed the tools needed to keep Google's fleet of videoconferencing devices up and running on a day-to-day basis.
- Worked on Orbit Suite, Goldman's set of productivity apps: wsj.com/articles/goldman-sachs-to-spin-out-mobile-phone-software-projects-into-separate-venture-1445981960.
- Developed the web version of Orbit Drive, Goldman's internal file-sharing app.
- Developed the Android version of Orbit Drive, Goldman's internal file-sharing app.
- Supported one of the most popular dating apps on Facebook.
- Maintained and improved a high-traffic (around 70 million users) service running on Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL.
- Spearheaded a major project to re-architect a search index/matching algorithm.
- Created a machine learning tool able to inform a user if they try to send a message that is unlikely to generate a response.
- Went from almost 0% to almost 100% unit test coverage.
- Maintained and expanded Hotlist, a geo-social event aggregation startup.
- Wrote a data ingester in Python to match data from Facebook Events, Google Maps, Foursquare, Citygrid, and more.
- Participated in the re-architecture of the database deployment.
- Wrote a machine learning tool to match address data in different formats.
- Wrote a machine learning tool to identify duplicate venue and event records.
aggregate as much data as possible in 200ms and notify the caller of the unavailable advertiser_ids. It can be tested by calling the aggregate method with various lists of longs and examining the result. Still, it does require an HTTP endpoint fitting the description mentioned above.
The program works by scraping public news sources to identify news related to publicly-traded companies, then analyzing changes in the sentiment of the news related to a given company in order to predict how its stock price will change in the near future.
Rapid Prototyping, Agile Software Development, Microservices, Functional Programming, DevOps, Data Science
MySQL, Xapian, Google Cloud Spanner, Memcached, MongoDB, API Databases
Prototyping, Software Architecture, System Architecture, CTO, Lean Startups, OpenSCAD, APIs, Concurrency, GPU Computing, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Data Structures, Algorithms, Chemistry, IT Support, Performance
Linux, Oracle, Eclipse, Amazon EC2, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Google API, Facebook API
Apache Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, Git, EAGLE, Ansible, Solr, IntelliJ, CLion
Coursework Toward a Degree in Computer Science
University of Texas - Austin, Texas, USA
Coursework Toward a Degree in Chemistry
New York University - New York, NY, USA