Software Engineer2015 - 2020
Technologies: Google Cloud Spanner, Python, C++, Java
- Developed a low-energy Bluetooth (BLE) communication protocol for Google Jamboard and Android and iOS Jamboard apps.
- Designed and implemented customer identity authorization for Google Jamboard.
- Developed the tools needed to keep Google's fleet of videoconferencing devices up and running on a day-to-day basis.
Associate2013 - 2015Goldman Sachs
Technologies: MongoDB, Apache Tomcat, Java
- Worked on Orbit Suite, Goldman's set of productivity apps: https://www.wsj.com/articles/goldman-sachs-to-spin-out-mobile-phone-software-projects-into-separate-venture-1445981960.
- Developed the web version of Orbit Drive, Goldman's internal file-sharing app.
- Developed the Android version of Orbit Drive, Goldman's internal file-sharing app.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013SNAP Interactive
Technologies: Linux, Apache, Memcached, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP
- Supported one of the most popular dating apps on Facebook.
- Maintained and improved a high-traffic (~70 million users) service running on Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL.
- Spearheaded a major project to re-architect a search index/matching algorithm.
- Created a machine-learning tool able to inform a user if they try to send a message which is unlikely to generate a response.
- Went from almost 0% to almost 100% unit test coverage.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Hotlist
Technologies: Linux, Solr, MongoDB, MySQL, Python
- Maintained and expanded Hotlist, a geo-social event aggregation startup.
- Wrote a data ingester in Python to match data from Facebook Events, Google Maps, Foursquare, Citygrid, and more.
- Participated in the re-architecture of the database deployment.
- Wrote a machine-learning tool to match address data in different formats.
- Wrote a machine-learning tool to identify duplicate venue and event records.
Senior Engineer2009 - 2011W3, Ltd.
- Hired as a junior web developer and promoted to lead developer within a year.
- Managed a team of five developers on one of the world's top 100 websites by traffic.
- Re-architected Cron-based application services to event-driven asynchronous processing.
- Scaled the application to support nearly 2x traffic growth.
- Coordinated with a global team to manage technical updates to the site across nineteen countries and five languages.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Protect America, Inc.
- Maintained a public-facing eCommerce website for a large home-security merchant.
- Developed an internal application to support the sales department.
- Developed an internal application to support the network marketing program.
- Implemented a variety of site features and updates.
- Participated in planning future architecture and features.
Student Web Developer2007 - 2008University of Texas
Technologies: Linux, Apache, Oracle, PHP
- Maintained the official website of UT's Division of Housing and Food Services.
- Implemented a new website to support DHFS's diversity efforts.
- Developed tools to dramatically improve site security.
- Provided excellent technical support to DHFS users.
- Contributed to the assessment of new technologies and solutions.