Founder and Senior Software Engineering Consultant2010 - PRESENTHypertext Labs
- Developed an eCommerce integration platform that syncs your eCommerce operations data to reduce manual labor and costly errors.
- Developed many eCommerce-related integrations, including: Shopify, Amazon, Ebay, Commerce-hub and many more.
- Developed generic eCommerce integration capabilities that can read and write industry standard EDI formats.
- Collaborated with "Connected Labs" as a consultant and mentored developers on Spring Boot + React on a project involving a major motor vehicle company in the United States.
- Collaborated with "Connected Labs" as a consultant and helped re-build an Android banking application for a major Canadian retail bank (RX Java and MVVM).
- Served as an independent consultant and helped re-develop a major Canadian non-profit company's website using Strapi CMS and GatsbyJS.
- Assisted several companies in the design and development of Shopify websites that were well integrated into their back-office.
- Assisted in the development of an eCommerce platform for the travel technology industry that helped several vacation rental businesses launch eCommerce websites.
- Advised startups on how to quickly achieve product-market-fit and once they do, how to properly scale their team + technology to compete in their respective industries.
CTO2018 - 2019Charge Automation
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Vue.js 2, AngularJS, Stripe API, Stripe Connect API, Unix, AWS, MySQL, Laravel, PHP 7, Spring Boot, Java
- Assisted in the development of a bootstrapped company in building on its MVP and achieving product-market fit.
- Led two teams working on two different technology stacks (Java with Spring boot and PHP with Laravel).
- Oversaw the end-to-end process of product development, from defining user stories, designing user experience, designing software architecture, developing components, and growing a team of talented developers locally and offshore.
- Provided technical leadership during the scaling of the business while participating in a local accelerator program (Ryerson DMZ).
Lead Software Architect and Developer2018 - 2018Agnet Reva
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Dialogflow, Apache Solr, AWS, Facebook Messenger API, Facebook Ads API, Zapier, Followup Boss API, React, Facebook SDK, Facebook API, Spring Boot, Java
- Developed a cutting edge chatbot application that helps people find their perfect homes.
- Integrated the chatbot into Facebook's Messenger and ads API.
- Integrated the application into the Follow Up Boss platform; a CRM tool for the real estate industry.
- Integrated an application into Zapier for additional integration capabilities.
- Implemented integration with Dialogflow for NLP capabilities.
Software Engineering Manager2017 - 2018OpenLane (Adesa)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, JSP, Angular, Spring Boot, Java
- Managed the development and maintenance of software for the automotive industry. Oversaw development tasks performed by local and remote-based developers.
- Ensured the maintenance and quality of a sellers portal, used by thousands of auction houses in North America.
- Provided technical leadership and helped solve problems in spite of challenging design and architectural problems.
- Completed the Scaled Agile certification training to further develop my agile coaching skills.
Software Engineer and Team Lead2013 - 2017Quickplay Media (AT&T)
Technologies: Cassandra, MongoDB, Microservices, Spring Boot, Java
- Developed high-quality code with a team of talented developers. We were building the future of highly available/scalable online video transcoding.
- Developed a simple yet effective candidate screening process to quickly find talented team members.
- Developed Docker containers to help new team members get up-to-speed when setting up development environments and also to speed up development in general.
- Contributed significantly to the overall application design and architecture of a multi-tenant video processing system. We successfully processed, encrypted and delivered thousands of hours of high-quality content per day using our platform.
Software Engineer/Team Lead2007 - 2010Crosscap Media Services
Technologies: Spring Boot, jQuery, Jakarta EE, Java
- Developed custom solutions for major US retailers. Solutions include eCommerce, content management, web publishing, price forecasting, marketing planning, and intelligent process automation.
- Led a small team of developers in Toronto and India. I helped build the India office by traveling to India to ensure high-quality output of modules for a critically important client.
- Developed an in-house Ajax framework before jQuery became popular. We used this early Ajax library on the product listing website of a major North American retailer.
Software Engineer2005 - 2010Crosscap Media Services
- Developed the early version of a major Canadian retailer's eCommerce website.
- Designed and developed a portal for vendors to manage products listed on a major retailer's online website.
- Monitored and troubleshoot production issues, which was hosted in a remote Unix environment.
- Ensured high-quality code was consistently delivered by assisting in the training and managing of new team members.
Product Support Engineer2007 - 2008Marsh
Technologies: Jakarta EE, Java
- Supported enterprise applications for the insurance business in the UK. Traveled to the UK to train with the team I would be supporting and off-board the off-shore company currently providing support.
- Transitioned support operations from off-shore in the UK to Toronto, Canada.
- Ensurer thorough documentation of existing systems and processes. Interfaced with business partners in the UK to communicate technical issues and solutions for them.