Back-end Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTSweetLabs
Technologies: Django, Python, Go, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elastic Beanstalk, Google App Engine
- Built a highly scalable service that stores billions of entries in a database with very high query speed (a few milliseconds)—resulting in an improvement of the insertion performance from several days to a few hours.
- Made the existing system more suitable for unit testing by setting up a CI server (TeamCity) and writing new unit tests.
- Improved the performance of an existing application by profiling and finding bottlenecks.
- Built APIs using the Django REST framework and Elastic Beanstalk on AWS.
- Worked on several back-end tasks using Python, Go, Google Cloud SQL, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, DyanmoDB, and more.
- Secured an application by using AWS KMS, JWT Tokens, Fernet Encryption, and more.
Founder2016 - PRESENTSlickCentral
- Led a team of 3-4 developers and actively participated in the development of a complete B2B web application (Python/Django).
- Used celery to run periodic and on-demand tasks on our server and tested using Django unit tests.
- Worked extensively with REST APIs.
- Connected more than eight web applications using REST APIs.
- Built from scratch the REST APIs for SlickCentral using the Django REST framework.
- Developed the front-end using Vue.js and Webpack and used HTML, Less, and Bootstrap to design it.
- Tested our code with Karma and Jasmine.
- Conducted end-to-end testing of the whole application using Python Selenium and ran them on our CI using headless Chrome.
- Gained some experience with BrowserStack.
- Designed from scratch the infrastructure of the application using AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, EC2 instances, RDS PostgreSQL database, load balancers, Route 53, ElastiCache, Azure Storage, Certificate Manager, and more.
- Monitored our software using New Relic and other methods.
- Installed and maintained our Git repository and CI servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS); also implemented GitLab and GitLab CI.
Engineer2014 - 2017Qualcomm R&D
Technologies: C++, Python, Java, Android, JNI, CMake, Git
- Worked on deep learning, autonomous driving, and computer vision projects.
- Developed in C++ and Python.
- Designed, developed, and unit-tested several of the core back-end algorithms of Qualcomm’s production software.
- Designed and developed several Android demo applications using Java, Android Studio, and the Gradle build system.
- Made several native C++ libraries Android-accessible using JNI and Android NDK support.
- Brainstormed, designed, and developed an algorithm that Qualcomm is in the process of patenting.
- Worked extensively with regression testing along with continuous integration (Jenkins), version control system (Git), Linux command line, and much more.
- Was actively involved in Scrum meetings, code reviews, sprint planning, and many other teamwork-related activities.