Henrique Diniz Silva
Verified Expert in Engineering
Henrique is a natural problem solver, so he’s continuously learning and contributing in a significant way. He’s worked on Java apps for SIM cards and credit cards, kernel drivers along with OS development for LG’s Android phones, C/C++ apps using SoC modems for 3G/4G networks. Henrique has also worked on networking at the kernel using the Android network stack (TCP/IP, HTTP, and other protocols), web apps using React, Vue.js, and Backbone.js, and built back-end apps with Java, Kotlin, and Go.
The most amazing...
...experience I've had was bringing a challenger bank in Canada to life. I got to support the project from its very first users to its first transactions online.
- Created the architecture for a VoIP call center application used to manage emergency and support calls on highways.
- Developed an application to manage tickets and incidents reported on the highway with enhanced data gathered by VoIP calls and the Wi-Fi network on the highway.
- Created a captive portal solution using the highway Wi-Fi network to drive users to our support and information application.
- Supported the deployment of Express Wi-Fi networks with LATAM business partners.
- Troubleshot the network integration issues with external partners, identifying problems and working with the product team to solve them.
- Worked with growth managers to identify and propose new features to support partner businesses.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on full-stack features covering mobile (Flutter), web (Nuxt.js and Vue.js), back-end microservices (Go), and DevOps (AWS, Terraform, and Kubernetes).
- Supported the engineering team by helping develop new processes for the department, improving DevOps methodologies, and planning and designing new service features.
- Oversaw launch events and monitored the application's health and performance during critical moments. Troubleshot issues by driving major performance improvements in our application services.
- Designed and implemented open banking APIs on Jakarta EE systems.
- Developed a module to process bank payments via Canada's EFT standards.
- Leveraged third-party open banking APIs to connect our customers' bank accounts with our application.
- Implemented customer analytics using Mixpanel and communications using Braze.
- Worked remotely and on-site with Scrum teams in Canada and Latin America.
- Supported developers on their work processes, best practices, and daily challenges.
Android Software Engineer
- Worked on the C++ and Java implementation of LG VoIP solution for next-gen mobile networks (VoLTE/VoWiFi). Implemented requirements for voice and video calls, conferencing, and handover between LTE and WiFi mobility during calls using 3GPP standards.
- Worked on the entire stack of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), from user space Java applications to operating system modules (networking, Bluetooth, data protocol) down to the Linux Kernel (network, device drives).
- Fixed bugs and implemented regional mobile network requirements on 3G/4G Qualcomm and Mediatek SoC modems.
- Worked on low-level drivers that interact with over-the-air networks.
- Implemented systems and tools to support troubleshooting and the development of the LG IMS client.
- Created an IMS core testbed integrated with network simulation systems. Developed a tool to extract and analyze RTP packets over the air.
- Developed a PokemonGo-like mobile app for Renault during São Paulo's International Auto Show. The app promoted the launch campaign of the Captur model with interactivity via Bluetooth LE beacons across the showgrounds.
- Created a digital camera booth and sharing system on Facebook for the 2014 Soccer World Cup. SportTV, a broadcast channel sponsoring the cup, used the booth and Facebook pages.
- Developed applications, websites, and Facebook apps for several clients in Brazil looking to provide digital marketing experiences online and with physical installations.
Institute of Technology Research of São Paulo
- Developed a data collection system in MATLAB and C for research fellows.
- Helped the technical trials for intelligent transportation systems within the Center for Information Technology, Automation, and Mobility (CIAM).
- Supported the field studies for São Paulo's Traffic Engineer Company (CET), specifically the limitations of automotive radar systems.
- Provided technical and licensing support for Microsoft hosting partners covered under the Microsoft Service Provider Licensing Agreement—SPLA.
- Worked on the technical management team to provide Microsoft solutions to Brazil's top hosting and cloud computing companies.
- Created reports and systems to help the licensing team.
- Developed smart card products in telecom, identity, ticketing, and financial markets.
- Built various companies' internal document management systems.
- Supported the government certification process for smart card products.
Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, Windows Server, AWS Lambda, Mixpanel, Kubernetes, Embedded Linux
React, Node.js, Stripe, Vue, RADIUS, Stripe API
Android NDK, Terraform, Git, Vim Text Editor, Braze, VPN, FreeSWITCH
Agile, REST, Microservices
PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, MongoDB
AOSP, Cordova, Nomad, Consul, HTTP, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Near-field Communication (NFC), RFID, Serverless, Linux Kernel, TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, SMTP, IPsec, IPv6, VoIP, WiFi, Engineering, Electronics, Portals
Flutter, Nuxt.js, React Native, Next.js
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Centro Universitário da FEI - São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Android Developer Nanodegree