Henrique Reinaldo Sarmento
Verified Expert in Engineering
Henrique is a passionate web developer striving to find the right balance of maintainable code, UX, and UI in his solutions. Although his foundation is mainly in Ruby (Ruby on Rails) and Python (Flask), he appreciates the capabilities of different technologies and always welcomes them as long as the problems are challenging/interesting. Henrique is a dynamic developer who's worked with teams of all sizes and can adapt to your needs.
Scrum, Slack, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a micro market based in Flask. The solution processed transactions (EFT) and communicated through an API to control its stock.
Full-stack Software Engineer
ClickFunnels (via Toptal)
- Developed and maintained code for a page editor and user page rendering for over 100,000 tenants and millions of users.
- Developed features for Stripe payment gateway integration.
- Migrated HTML page storage from AWS Aurora to AWS S3.
- Fixed security bugs involving XSS and clickjacking attacks.
- Developed a synchronized system for tenant surveys in the AWS Aurora.
- Integrated the system with third-party apps as Hotjar, Cookiebot, GTM, and Google Static Maps.
- Used several jQuery libraries for audio/video, countdown, sliders, and effects as dragging, dropping, and sorting.
- Built a web application payment platform for internet service provider subscribers (based on Ruby on Rails) which was integrated with third-party APIs for acquiring user invoices.
- Developed API calls for an internal Ruby-on-Rails web application responsible for logistics and equipment status.
- Led the software migration from homologation to production for micro-market and Cielo vending machines.
- Developed the programming logic for a Cielo vending machine which communicated with a Cielo API for user subscription.
- Implemented a POS simulator system for the desktop by patching many GUI calls.
- Developed a Linux distribution and firmware for Raspberry Pi by using Buildroot.
- Implemented an EFTPOS system for Linx (the largest software house in retail management systems in Latin America).
- Improved an embedded system responsible for telemetry in vending machines. This system is currently running in around 1,000 vending machines.
- Implemented a desktop system responsible for testing hardware on embedded systems that perform telemetry on vending machines.
- Restructured a Java desktop application for testing electronic components in embedded systems.
- Implemented solutions for POS systems.
- Developed an embedded system responsible for debiting credits from users who use the public transportation system in my hometown.
React-based Single-page Application
The platform is divided into two parts: a robotic platform and a web application. I was responsible for the web application where users had accounts and Blockly projects which contained step-by-step actions performed by the robot.
The goal of the project was to improve energy usage in households.
Technologies: Python, Ionic, Apache Cordova, SQLite, Home Assistant, MQTT
Ruby on Rails (RoR), ASP.NET MVC, Ionic, Flask, Material UI, Jinja, Razor, Express.js
React, jQuery, Amazon EC2 API, Node.js
Git, JSX, Slack, Buildroot, Atom, Mongoose, Sublime Text 3
REST, Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon EC2, Android, Windows
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon Aurora, MySQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
Ruby Gems, Front-end Development, Home Automation
Earned Credits towards a Master's Degree in Computer Science
Harz University of Applied Sciences - Wernigerode, Germany
Master's Degree in Pervasive Computing and Communications for Sustainable Development (PERCCOM)
Luleå University of Technology - Luleå, Sweden
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Technology (Computer Science)
Lappeenranta University of Technology - Lappeenranta, Finalnd
Master's Degree in Complex Systems Engineering
Université de Lorraine - Nancy, Lorraine, France
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Universidade Tecnologia Federal do Paraná - Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
Spent a Year as an Exchange Student in Computer Engineering
University of Toronto - Toronto, Canada
Professional Scrum Master I
AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Associate (SAA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring