Verified Expert in Engineering
After studying math and economics in college, Henry began his career as a data scientist helping companies learn more about the most important factors influencing their business and make more informed decisions regarding limited resources. Henry now works as a full-stack developer with a focus on building systems for data collection, storage, and analysis. Everything Henry builds for a client is designed to fit their needs and improve productivity.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, Linux, MacOS, Zsh, Git, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
The most amazing...
...product I've built stores and analyzes business data and connects several different external applications by pushing and pulling data to and from each other.
Red Dog Pet Resort
- Built a custom report generation system that pulls from the client's management/payment app and sends out daily and monthly reports that automate tedious work that the company's accountants had to do in the past.
- Worked closely with the company's accountants to ensure that the reports were accurate and met their needs.
Hawke Media, LLC
- Created a React app with a Django back-end to keep track of the company's clients, services, and employees and the relationships between them.
- Built a system to aggregate data across the company's many different apps including Google Analytics, Hubspot, QuickBooks, and Wrike.
- Worked closely with other employees to ensure high quality of data and relevance of analytics to the business's goals.
Atlas Retrofit, LLC
- Aggregated data on properties required by the city to have a seismic retrofit including building location, size, owners, and managers.
- Built a React app with a Node.js back-end to allow the client to interact with and understand the data.
- Developed the public-facing website for the company at Atlasretrofit.com.
- Created a custom report and document generation system for the client to send and track invoices and costs to their clients.
- Maintained a large existing codebase that was written by others.
- Added new features for a client, including the ability for the site administrators to modify some page content by storing that content in the site's database and to edit that database content.
Foundry 10, LLC
- Mentored small groups of 2-4 high school and college students while building Android apps.
- Worked with a small team of developers to create two mobile applications. The first was a local food delivery app (since none was yet in operation in our area), the second was an app for posting event information at our college campus.
- Maintained relationships with restaurant owners and managers so that menus were up to date and customer orders could be processed fluidly.
- Collaborated with the student government on campus to develop an application that met their needs and provided value to students.
Drobe — Automated Outfit Curationhttps://drobe.io/
Atlas Retrofit Public Website
This site is still under construction.
Titanic Dataset Explorationhttps://github.com/henrywoody/titanic
The digital creatures (boids) flock together by applying the following rules:
1. Move toward the center of mass of nearby boids.
2. Turn to match the average direction of nearby boids.
3. Try to avoid boids that are very close.
Holland — A Genetic Algorithm Library for Pythonhttps://github.com/lambdalife/holland
React, Node.js, Vue
Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js
Git, Zsh, AWS CloudFormation
MacOS, Linux, Ubuntu, Android, iOS, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google App Engine, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Google Cloud SQL
Amazon API Gateway, Google Cloud Functions
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Mathematics, Economics
University of Puget Sound - Tacoma, WA, USA