Competitor2014 - 2014Mozgalo Competition
- Created a web scraper that gathered millions of sentences describing beers, using PHP.
- Determined which aspect of beer a sentence is discussing, using SVD in Python.
- Graded sentences with machine learning algorithms and determined the final grade for every beer.
- Built a recommender system using Python.
Student2009 - 2014University of Zagreb
- Developed face recognition software using Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) in MATLAB.
- Created text classification software thoroughly analyzed approaches using Python.
- Created a metaheuristical approach to the Hamiltonian completion problem using MATLAB.
- Implemented an algorithm for finding closest points. Used an object-oriented paradigm, implemented data structures, and competed in algorithm competitions using C++.
- Performed statistical analysis of data in R and SAS.
Researcher (Intern)2013 - 2013EPFL (Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne)
- Conducted research in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- Implemented an algorithm for finding the shortest path in a graph using a specific set of biology-conditioned rules.
- Worked on an iterative algorithm to improve evolutionary trajectories.
- Showed that a simplified model with only DCJ (double-cut-and-join) operations wouldn't work if transposition, deletion, and duplication operations were added.
- Worked on a modification of the model allowing it to handle all of the above-mentioned operations.
Developer (Intern)2012 - 2012Ericsson Nikola Tesla
- Redirected calls using Java.
- Created a scalable database for users.
- Created a dynamic web page using Bootstrap.
- Tested the page in a real-life active telecommunication network.
- Showed user location using Google Maps.