Principal DevOps Engineer2020 - PRESENTMindBeacon Software
Technologies: Azure, Terraform, Azure DevOps, Git, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Rancher, Helm
- Led the engineering infrastructure team to a successful company's IPO.
- Configured and maintained all Azure resources (e.g., AKS, VNet, VM) using Terraform.
- Hardened the security posture by moving all Azure resources behind a private VNet and configured Private Endpoints; introduce WAF, SIEM, DAST, and SAST security scanning (Sonarcloud, Harbor, Aquasec).
- Designed and maintained dozens of CI/CD pipelines on Azure DevOps.
- Ensured compliance with SOC2 audit, PHIPA, and HIPAA.
- Maintained and optimized numerous large MongoDB clusters.
- Refactored all Azure Kubernetes services and configuration based on Microsoft’s best practices such as introducing availability zones, enabling private clusters, and enabling pod security policy.
- Mentored teammates as lead; gave performance reviews and performed various managerial duties.
Senior DevOps Engineer2018 - 2020The Canada Life Assurance Company
Technologies: Prometheus, Python, Jira, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Vault, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, Azure DevOps, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Led the labs to containerize applications on Docker Swarm and then to Kubernetes; enabled full end-to-end CI/CD pipeline with Git and Bamboo.
- Migrated from on-prem to Azure cloud; built cloud infrastructure using Terraform, Packer, and Ansible (infrastructure as code).
- Designed and created highly-available elastic environments powered by Kubernetes (rke and Rancher), Istio (envoy), Grafana, Prometheus, Vault, and HA proxy.
- Secured a containerized environment with Kubernetes network policy (calico), SonarQube, and Twistlock.
- Deployed machine learning infrastructure on Azure: Databricks, Data Factory, Hyperscience, Azure Machine Learning, Paxata, and Datarobot.
Senior DevOps Engineer2010 - 2018Ministry of Transportation
Technologies: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, Go, Python, WebSphere, WebLogic, Ansible, Terraform, DevOps, Azure
- Rolled out Openshift and Kubernetes clusters on Azure cloud using Terraform as infrastructure as code.
- Created a tool that can create sophisticated Weblogic domains from YAML definition with Golang; turned a 1-2 days process to as little as 15 minutes.
- Participated in a multi-million dollar cloud migration project for the Ministry.
- Performed Azure Cloud migration of Siebel/OCH, Oracle LDAP directory, WebLogic, Websphere, BPM, BIP, OPA, EDQ, Oracle Database, and Oracle POS software stack from Solaris/AIX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7.
- Performed systems and O/S optimization (JVM, Database, J2EE tuning, and profiling), network tuning, and troubleshooting (e.g. load balancing and clustering) by analyzing network capture with WireShark.