Freelance Database and BI Consultant2017 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
Technologies: Looker, PostgreSQL
- Worked with clients on database and BI reporting needs.
Database and BI Consultant2017 - PRESENTDas42 Data Consulting Firm
Technologies: Looker, BigQuery, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Data Virtuality, AWS (IAM, Lambda, VPC, CloudWatch), Python
- Worked for various clients including Snap, Kohler, Glamsquad, Craftsy, and others which cannot be listed.
- Developed full Looker models from scratch including multiple dashboards, looks, and explores.
- Cleaned up a Looker instance with 400+ views, ten models, and 400+ explores. Customized the user/group management for more precise permission approval.
- Analyzed queries to help some companies cut over $100,000 in monthly BigQuery and Snowflake costs.
- Wrote scripts for the task automation of data ingestion from sources such as CSV or other database streams.
SQL Data Warehouse Developer2016 - 2016Craftsy (via ProKarma)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Data Virtuality, DBeaver, Google Analytics, BigQuery
- Utilized Data Virtuality ETL for a compilation of multiple data sources including Amazon Redshift, NetSuite, PostgreSQL, Google Analytics (GA), Facebook, and CSV files.
- Determined how to parse JSON for ingestion of GA data.
- Learned proprietary SQL language by Data Virtuality modeled similarly to PostgreSQL.
- Became the resident expert of two new tools (Data Virtuality and DBeaver).
- Worked closely with Data Virtuality support while the new tool continued to grow.
- Built, improved, and maintained the Virtual Data Warehouse following the Kimball method using Dim and fact tables in a star schema style.
- Prepared prior to the launch of the new 2.0 website then configured and updated as new development occured.
- Assisted in the logic construction for the finance and data analytics teams through the Looker BI Tool.
- Wrote documentation for the end-user and for the ease of knowledge transfer using a Confluence Wiki.
- Educated power-users on the new data warehouse structure and access of data through Looker and DBeaver.
Senior Business Intelligence Developer2013 - 2016Level 3 Communications
Technologies: MS SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Python, MySQL, C#, .NET, Git
- Implemented query performance tuning (T-SQL, some PL/SQL and MySQL) and data cleansing/normalization.
- Correlated the data from 20+ data warehouses and inventory systems into a single database.
- Scheduled SSIS packages for ETL from Oracle, Access, MySQL, and flat file sources.
- Worked end-to-end on a ticket-tracking web application—planning, designing, development, and implementation.
- Worked multi-level to track projects, requests, bugs, and ad hoc tasks.
- Completed the build of a MS SQL relational database; keys and indexes. Utilized the functions and stored procedures for automated user group administration from LDAP.
- Created SSRS reports for c-level reporting and aggregation of data for end-user consumption.
- Assisted with the development of an in-house web application dashboard and workflow.
- Implemented the integration of a pre-existing in-house web application.
- Built a secondary MS SQL database; keys and indexes.
- Improved and stabilized a Python web application.
- Converted a MySQL database into an MS SQL database with use of triggers, stored procedures, views, and user-defined functions.
- Converted Python ETL to scheduled SSIS packages.
- Supported regularly the active users and produce additional functionalities as needed.
SQL Software Engineer2013 - 2013Markit on Demand
Technologies: SourceSafe, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio
- Carried out the post-production support of major financial websites.
- Investigated sources of issues (reported data, SQL code/logic, or web code).
- Fixed the logic in T-SQL or escalated web/data issues to the proper teams.
- Utilized internally-built automation tools for testing.
Application Support Engineer2010 - 2013Urban Lending Solutions
Technologies: T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, JIRA
- Worked on T-SQL development in an Agile team.
- Introduced the organization to simple SSIS packages.
- Created team standards/automated T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Worked with C#/.NET—incorporated Microsoft Excel libraries, LINQ, and AutoHotkeys.
- Wrote the procedural documentation, requirement documents, UI mockups, flow charts, and application and production support.
- Interacted with customers and routed requests.
- Trained all the new app support engineers.