Verified Expert in Engineering
Hossein is a full-stack software developer with a focus on back-end services and machine learning. During his five years of industry experience, he has worked with teams of all sizes on a variety of customer-oriented projects including system design for wireless companies, fraud protection for a major eCommerce company, and scalable platforms for enterprises. He is great at problem solving and enjoys working on complex ones.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), ITerm, GitHub, Git, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is to prove a mathematical bound for the spectral efficiency of wireless devices by modeling it as a discrete complex quadratic optimization.
- Built a microservice to record the activities of users so that the admin of an enterprise account can see usage chars and be able to search and filter based on user, time, or activity. (Python, SQLAlchemy).
- Created an API so that an account admin of an enterprise can provision a massive number of users by importing a comma-separated value file. User provisioning includes modifying existing users or inviting new users by email. (Python, MS SQL, Redis).
- Created a monitoring dashboard for all of our team's service using the NewRelic Query Language so that we can display the availability and response time of our service live on wall monitors.
- Developed code that would pre-fetch data and store it in an elastic search cluster so that they could be searched quickly.
- Revamped our data collection methodology by organizing workshops for all the stakeholders and driving the definition of new schemas. As a result, emitted data to the Kafka message bus were compliant with new schemas.
- Implemented a proprietary data collection solution that provides persistence, enabling offline training of our in-house ML algorithms.
- Collaborated with a team of wireless engineers and researchers spread in Canada and Sweden to design wireless access network algorithms for the 5th generation of LTE and further to optimize their performance which entailed consistently developing optimized algorithms in C++.
- Developed new features in the Ericsson’s in-house network simulator (Java). Designed and implemented the scheduler for inter- and intra-eNB carrier aggregation.
S&P 500 Live Price to Earning Ratio
Python 3, SQL, Python, C++, Java, HTML, CSS2
Flask, Pyramid, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Git, ITerm, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GitHub
Agile Software Development
Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
SQLAlchemy, React, D3.js, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas
Redis, Elasticsearch, Google Cloud, MySQL
Random Forests, Deep Learning
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Toronto - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Master of Engineering Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering
National University of Singapore - Singapore
Artificial Intelligence Nanodegree and Specializations