Verified Expert in Engineering
Hovhannes is an experienced .NET back-end developer working in two different companies as a senior software engineer and the acting CTO. He has mostly worked on fintech and online gaming projects and developed and maintained large-scale software systems that support web and mobile applications. Hovhannes has also completed a machine learning project that the Ministry of Defense of Armenia utilizes as a side project.
Windows, Slack, Visual Studio, Agile, Jira, Visual Studio 2022
The most amazing...
...app I have developed is inOne—it became the most successful loyalty program and card management app in Armenia.
- Led a team of developers, designers, and product owners toward developing a project from scratch.
- Built the application's core back end using microservice architecture and .NET 7.
- Integrated multiple SaaS applications like DocuSign, Sovren, Stripe, Checkr, Nursys, and more.
- Developed a web application that allows users to bet using fake imaginary currency and compete against each other.
- Added integrations with Bet365 using the RapidAPI proxy, allowing to load the odds and game result information after the completion of each game.
- Designed and implemented the database architecture to support the games, storing players' information, game data, bets placed by players, and game outcomes and rewards.
Senior .NET Developer and Architect
- Managed a team of developers that delivered custom software solutions to clients.
- Communicated directly with clients and stakeholders to form the system and product requirements.
- Designed the architecture of several small products and implemented several segments of the system.
- Managed the development server and the local and remote deployment of the application.
American University of Armenia
- Conducted extra lessons, problem-solving sessions, and office hours for students.
- Graded homework assignments, quizzes, midterms, and exams.
- Served as the teaching associate for a group of 45 students, including both undergraduate and graduate students.
High-performance Programming Workshop Leader
TUMO Center of Creative Technologies
- Developed a program for TUMO students on high-performance computing (HPC), coding with C and C++, and using OMP and MPI for parallel programming.
- Managed and led two intensive labs, each with two weeks of intensive courses, in TUMO Yerevan and TUMO Gyumri. Taught students the details of HPC programming and allowed them to work on a mock HPC environment.
- Developed a project for each student where they had to use both MPI and OMP technologies to solve a specific problem. This included computational fluid dynamics, distributed sorting algorithms, a Game of Life challenge, and other projects.
Property List Ltd.
- Developed the major components of the application that provided the business logic for the service.
- Designed and implemented the database architecture for real estate information using PostgreSQL and added the database to the microservice architecture.
- Implemented integrations with Stripe, Twilio, and Sendinblue to use these services in the application.
- Set up a notification system using Twilio and Sendinblue.
- Developed integrations with the payment services and systems.
- Maintained and refactored the existing source code by adding new features and implementing the latest .NET technologies in the application, such as .NET 6.
- Implemented multiple integration tests to test the functionality of the services accountable for the payment system and monetary transactions.
- Designed and implemented a microservice architecture for a live casino project.
- Developed integrations with gaming platform services, including financial transactions and secure communication.
- Implemented several authentication mechanisms, including JWT authentication, session, and basic authentications.
- Designed and integrated either SQL or NoSQL databases for each microservice project.
- Integrated microservices with Redis cache. Created interservice communications via SignalR, HTTP, and RMQ.
- Worked with the Scrum (Agile) methodology and Jira as the main management tool.
Senior Architect and CTO
- Managed the development team of the mobile application, inOne. I was responsible for the code, the product quality, and product delivery from the problem analysis to solution to deployment.
- Developed an in-house loyalty system integrated with inOne and partner retail companies.
- Built a back-end Windows service application for an organization-management product (OMS), using .NET and WCF to communicate the desktop application with the server and ASP.NET to communicate the mobile app.
- Created the front end for the OMS, using the MVVM pattern and Windows Presentation Foundation for the framework. Integrated the company's style and branding with the application and developed a custom-style library.
- Developed an analytical project that created visualizations and data summaries based on the incremental data of a retail partner.
- Managed the process of integrations with 30+ local partners having more than ten different programs or technologies deliver customized solutions to each partner.
- Maintained the application's codebase and the product itself, including its mobile, web, and back-end segments.
Mid Full-stack Developer
- Developed the core components of inOne, a loyalty system used in retail.
- Assisted with the overall architectural design of the components and databases.
- Implemented a microservice architecture with several services, including scalable services in local and public networks.
Organization Management System (OMS)
I was involved in data gathering and processing and the development of the neural network responsible for sound detection.
Tax Service Scraper
Web Scraping of a Government Website
.NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, ASP, .NET, .NET 5, .NET 4, NUnit, Selenium, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), gRPC, ASP.NET, Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
SignalR, Entity Framework, REST APIs, Sockets, Twilio API, API Development, Skrill API, WebDriver, Windows Forms (WinForms), Stripe, React, OpenMP, MPI, Open MPI, Betfair
Visual Studio, RabbitMQ, Microsoft Excel, Docker Compose, Visual Studio .NET, Dapper, Visual Studio 2019, Slack, Jira, MySQL Workbench, Supervisor, Supervisord, SendinBlue
Microservices, Agile, REST, Unit Testing, Microservices Architecture, Automation, Testing, Design Patterns, Test Automation, High-performance Computing, Database Design
Docker, Twilio, Windows Server, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Apache Kafka, Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Web
PostgreSQL, MSSQLCE, MySQL, JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, Relational Databases, Databases, XML Parsing, SQL Server 2016, MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL
Mathematics, APIs, API Integration, HTTP Server, .NET 6, Code Review, Source Code Review, Technical Hiring, Interviewing, Task Analysis, Architecture, HTTP REST, Scalability, Full-stack, MVP Design, HTTP, HTTPS, Back-end, Software Design, Distributed Architecture, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Scraping, Integration, Complex Problem Solving, Web Crawlers, HTML Parsing, Data Engineering, Secure Web Development, Web Development, Web Security, Integration Testing, Messaging, Back-end Development, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Cloud, Algorithms, Authentication, Payment APIs, Online Payments, Visual Studio 2022, Software Architecture, Gambling, Full-stack Development, Webhooks, Web Applications, Performance, SaaS, Data Structures, Software Integration, System Integration, Windows Services, Finance, Fintech, IT Management, Technical Leadership, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, SOAP, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Team Leadership, Technical Consulting, Gaming Platforms, Software Engineering, WCF Web Services, Thread Scheduling, GPU Computing, Deployment, Machine Learning, Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Convolutional Neural Networks, Cloud Services, CAPTCHA, HPCC Systems, Education, Workshops, Workshop Facilitation, Logical Database Design, Relational Database Design, Relational Algebra, UI Development, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), RapidAPI, Front-end, Data Analysis, Stripe Payments
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University of Edinburgh - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
American University of Armenia - Yerevan, Armenia