Verified Expert in Engineering
Computer Vision Developer
Hovhannes has several years of experience in cross-platform and end-to-end software development—mainly focusing on complex projects related to various aspects of computer science especially in the fields of computer vision, video analytics, and machine learning. Also, he enjoys developing mobile applications and games based on augmented reality and remote human-computer interaction paradigms.
MacOS, Unix, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a medical application that reads EEG data from the human brain and visualizes brain activity with neuron movement simulations.
- Developed augmented reality-based mobile applications using Unity and machine learning, computer-vision-based algorithms.
- Built a medical application to support brain activity monitoring, brain stimulation, and neurofeedback.
- Created a face detection and recognition cloud system to scan TV channels and collect statistics of politicians during campaigns.
- Developed a Microsoft Kinect-based augmented reality software to create random avatars that duplicate multiple user behaviors.
- Wrote software for automated stitching and analyzing images of the blades of wind turbines.
- Created an automated web back-end system for real-time face-to-zombie transformation.
- Developed background and foreground subtraction iOS and Android plugins for Unity to remove the background behind a user and replace it with another augmented reality layer.
Computer Vision Engineer
Dealer Image Pro
- Implemented an AI-based feature set to detect and extract the 3D bounding box of the cars/vehicles using lidar sensors of iOS devices.
- Implemented guider logic to take the best possible shots of the cars/vehicles based on the car's appearance in camera view.
- Integrated video recorder and EXIF data storing logic to main app functionality.
- Fixed bugs and stabilized the screen capture software system.
- Generated cross-platform installers as well as scripts.
- Upgraded old libraries and third-party dependencies.
- Improved network communication through Qt Network module and fixed the sign-in and sync issues.
- Fixed System Tray availability issues on some Unix family systems.
- Upgraded old third-party systems, fixed bugs, and stabilized the software system.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Built computer vision algorithms to simulate cameraman movements during football match recording, using a player tracker and pitch 3D reconstruction technologies.
- Created cloud back end to support user management, schedule the recording on each pitch, and upload recorded videos to S3.
- Built mobile apps to organize communication between computer vision servers and the analytics team to monitor and modify match recording settings.
- Implemented KNIFT-based real-time reference image matching to local DB for a computer vision algorithm-based project.
- Created real-time AR experience on iOS for matched objects.
- Implemented fast clustering and KNN brute force matchers that outperformed OpenCV native implementation.
Superbright Studios LTD
- Implemented point cloud and color image pairs real-time encoding and decoding pipeline.
- Developed 3D point cloud extraction and visualization from iOS True Depth Sensor.
- Implemented AR appearance of decoded point cloud and manipulation operations.
Mobile Vision specialist [R&D]
Swift Medical Inc.
- Sped up a reconstruction algorithm on mobile platforms. Used multithreading with ARM NEON optimizations and pure algorithmic optimizations.
- Implemented and set up a new version of SfM systems.
- Implemented an eight times speedup factor and quality increase for ARM devices.
C++ Developed (Custom Solution for Medical 3D Images)
TwoPi Solutions Pty Ltd as Trustee for TwoPi Code Trust, trading as TwoPi Code
- Developed VTK and DICOM-based 3D rendering slices. Included spline-based jaw slice views.
- Tracked infrared retroreflective markers using NewTek NDI and SpyTrack cameras.
- Augmented drill positions and rotations for 3D views.
macOS Objective-C Muiti-threaded Code and Performance Tuning for a Marine Navigation App
Mainsail Holding LLC
- Optimized heavy maps rendering routine for the marine navigation software system on macOS.
- Reimplemented circularity support and S-57 rendering using Qt/GDAL/C++.
- Re-implemented UI/UX using a Qt/C++ cross platform library. Supported windows macOS and other Unix like systems.
Senior C++ Developer
- Developed an app for dental surgery where the Dicom volume of the patient's jaw has been 3d reconstructed and mapped to real-life metrics.
- Tracked Drill position and rotation and visualized in Dicom level with real-time response.
- Rendered implants positions in Dicom and visualized correspondency between drill top and implants.
Glasshouse Global Ltd. (Toptal Client)
- Supported AR development and GPS accuracy improvement in dense building environments.
- Mapped data from google map and related public resources to AR world using Arkit and an in-house build location through vision algorithms.
- Designed data flow and backend to control smoother user experience.
Senior iOS Developer
- Conducted 3D mesh/point cloud processing obtained from structure sensor.
- Performed mesh alignment and keypoint detection for lower body part PCL.
- PCL noise reduction and smoothening to generate a realistic 3d model.
Image Resizer and Auto Crop Developer
- Automated cropping of the car images and image size or MB reduction.
- Extraction of the interior of a car based on 360 camera with AI elements to support.
- Created cloud service and designed REST API to support automated processing of images.
- Stabilized and bug-fixed electronic design automation tools.
- Added new GUI layers on electronic design automation tools.
- Added Qt Patching to support specific features set for design automation tools.
Computer Vision Developer
- Conducted scientific research and development of complex scientific articles.
- Optimized and improved an existing codebase on all platforms using vectorization techniques like SIMD and NEON.
- Implemented the parallelization and the speed-up of complex algorithms like optical flows, natural binarization, and others using OpenCL, OpenGL, Cuda, and IPP.
- Developed C/C++ plugins for different mobile platforms for face detection and recognition logic.
- Improved and sped up the real-time local desktop streaming software using FFmpeg and Qt.
manage the orientation and focus on the customers.
If you divide your customer base into small, medium, and large accounts with low, medium, and high margins or profitability, the program will create an individually tailored 9-box matrix with distinct action plans. With one chart for multiple businesses, certain product lines or projects can be easily mapped to the respective customer side. A straightforward graphic display delivers transparent results on areas where the focus is needed and where resources need to be deployed.
• Record a video of a shot, like service, forehand, backhand, volley, smash, and more when a tennis player is training or playing a tennis match
• Watch the video back once is recorded and analyze the tennis player's game; do it in slow motion and get all the details of the tennis shot
• Draw shapes such as lines, circles, or squares on the top of the video to analyze the tennis player's game
iOS Development for ORIS Development (via Toptal)
C Development and Software Infastructure for Pixit Media (via Toptal)http://www.pixitmedia.com/
On this project, I worked as a software infrastructure developer, where my strong and proven background in C was instrumental.
This work required a high proficiency in C with specific experience in:
• Multi-threading and sub-processing.
• Memory management.
• S3, Swift, Azure, and similar Cloud Container APIs.
• HTTP protocol.
• TCP/IP network sockets.
Have proven knowledge of:
• Prototyping and test-driven development.
• Algorithms and functional programming.
And have the following qualities:
• An appreciation for clean design and accuracy.
• An ability to prioritize and deliver to deadlines.
• An ability to communicate ideas clearly and voice opinions formulated on real-world experience and testing.
Auto Cropping and Image Resizing Active Service for Dealermade (Toptal Client)https://dealermade.com/
Augmented Reality Unity Mobile App
C, C++11, C++14, C++17, Bash, Swift, Python, Java, C++, Objective-C, C#, Kotlin, Python 3
ARKit, Qt 5, GStreamer, Boost, Qt, JNI, Unity, Metal
OpenCV, PCL, FFmpeg, Eigen, Intel MKL, Intel TBB, VTK, OpenGL ES, OpenGL, Vulkan
Intel IPP, You Only Look Once (YOLO), Microsoft Visual Studio, ParaView, IntelliJ, Android Studio, GCC, Git, Vim Text Editor, Xcode, ITK, Qt Creator, MATLAB
Distributed Computing, Concurrent Programming, Parallel Computing, Cross-platform
Unix, NVIDIA CUDA, MacOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, Raspbian, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), ARCore, Ubuntu, AWS Lambda
Cassandra, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL
SDKs, Computational Geometry, GPS, Augmented Reality (AR), Probability Theory, Numerical Optimization, Numerical Programming, Numerical Methods, Graph Theory, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Networks, Computer Vision, Optimization, Game Theory, Virtual Reality (VR), 3D, Linear Algebra, Robotics, HTTP Server, Structure, GPU Computing, 3D Modeling, 3D Games, Performance Tuning, Multithreading, Mobile Vision, Shaders, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), Algebra, 3D Geometric Analysis, Low-level Programming, 3D Graphics, Graphics, Computer Vision Algorithms, FastAPI
PhD Degree in Graph Theory
Yerevan State University - Yerevan, Armenia