Verified Expert in Engineering
Ian Harvey wants to make sure your users don't just tolerate using your products but genuinely enjoy the experience and look forward to coming back. With over 11 years of extensive professional experience as a front-end engineer—analyzing, designing, developing, and implementing online software systems—Ian is more than capable of building or enhancing memorable positive experiences for you and your users.
The most amazing...
...thing I've single-handedly created is a fully client-side desktop operating system for creating realistic job simulations for employment screening.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed UI components and services to facilitate dashboards, appointment scheduling and booking, payment, administration, and subscriptions.
- Designed and developed .NET microservices, endpoints, repositories, and webhooks to facilitate subscription payment processing, appointment scheduling, booking, and email notifications.
- Built a customizable Angular directive for resizing DOM elements using dynamic components for adding drag handles, the content projection for custom drag handle UI elements and RxJS observables for capturing and tracking mouse events.
- Founded and operated a digital media company specializing in graphic and web design, video and audio production, and photography.
- Designed and built a talent-sourcing web application for aggregating and organizing talent searches across multiple sources, such as LinkedIn, Google, and Indeed.
- Oversaw the camera and data wrangling crew for the 2016 African American Festival in Baltimore, MD, a large festival with tens of thousands of patrons.
Lead User Experience Developer
Cobb Systems Group
- Designed and built the UI for our flagship product and oversaw the entire front-end team for the UI development.
- Developed a fully client-side desktop operating system for creating realistic job simulations for employment screening.
- Created an in-browser coding development environment, both front-end, and back-end.
- Created the pre-qualification questionnaire building tool used for over 90% of the county government jobs in Montgomery County, MD.
- Designed and developed hundreds of other job simulations and qualification questionnaires.
Cobb Systems Group
- Developed job simulations to be used in employment screening for high-level technology and finance positions.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the company's corporate website.
- Built and maintained, physically, on-site web servers.
Out Of Many Mediahttps://outof-many.com
Sade C. Joseph Websitehttps://sadecjoseph.com/
ProForm also allows recruiters to benchmark candidates and current employees to one another across various metrics so you can find people that not only can perform the job correctly but similarly solve problems to your existing employees.
I designed the entire user experience for ProForm, I regularly design and engineer new features, and I currently lead the whole UI team and final review all front-end code. I also created and developed most of the simulations and questionnaires on the system.
Simulations I've developed include Angular and Java developer simulations with full code IDEs in the browser, recruiting simulations that present the applicant with a full mock desktop environment in the browser, and the pre-screening questionnaire building tool that is currently used for over 90% of the county government jobs in Montgomery County, MD.
I designed and developed this entire app, including the front end, back end, and database. I was the sole UI designer and full-stack developer for this application.
HalfShell Media Websitehttp://halfshell.media
Angular, Express.js, Bootstrap, Nuxt.js, Electron, AngularJS, .NET, Next.js, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Ionic, .NET 5, Angular Material, Vuetify
jQuery, Node.js, Vue, Google Maps API, REST APIs, NgRx, Parallax, React, D3.js, Chart.js, WordPress API, Entity Framework, Stripe, Stripe API, RxJS, DevExtreme, Web Worker, HTML5 Web Workers
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Angular CLI, Figma, Bitbucket, Canvas, Chrome Developer Tools, Adobe Experience Design (XD), GitHub, Adobe, MongoDB Atlas, GitLab, Vue CLI, Jira, Apache
Web UI Design, Agile, Agile UX, Agile Workflow, Responsive, Responsive Layout, MEAN Stack, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Desktop App Development, Requirements Analysis, Desktop Web Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), Azure DevOps, Microservices
WordPress, Windows, Desktop, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Ubuntu Linux, Azure
MongoDB, Web Forms, MySQL, Databases, NoSQL, Elasticsearch
Pixel Perfect, User Interface (UI), User Interface Engineering (UIE), User Experience (UX), Web UI, Web App UI, Agile Sprints, Responsive UI, Responsive Design, Responsive UX Design, Responsive Web Apps, UI Components, Ajax, UI Animation, 2D, HTML Templates, Front-end, APIs, Calculators, Web Application Forms, WordPress Plugins, WebSockets, Software Design, Architecture, Leadership, Data Visualization, API Integration, Chromium, Forms, Web Applications, Diagrams, SaaS, Algorithms, CSS3 Animation, PSD Slicing, PSD to HTML, Full-stack, Excel 365, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Scraping, Game Development, Storybook, Analytics, System Requirements, Data Processing, System Architecture, CRM APIs, Backlog Management, IT Project Management, Web Project Management, Repository Pattern, Webhooks, Component Libraries, GoDaddy, 3D
Completed Credits towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Maryland, Baltimore County - Baltimore, MD, USA
Programming with C#