Senior Back-end Developer2019 - 2020Moneyhub
Technologies: Web Crawlers, API Integration, Unit Testing, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Node.js
- Developed the integration with various credit card and bank APIs, implementing the client's own integration interface.
- Developed unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests for different API integrations.
- Built a web-crawler to satisfy some integration needs with systems which had no available API.
Back-end Developer2016 - 2019Earnest
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs, both in the front end and back end.
- Worked on periodic operative issues and data fixes while gradually automating some of that work through the development of new tools and scripts.
- Helped maintain legacy code while aiding with the transition process to new systems (including massive data migration and verification, production services transition, and more).
Front-end Developer2015 - 2016Abaris
- Implemented UI/UX designs, including user interactions, animations, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Implemented the connection to the back-end REST API using the Restangular library.
- Created a new project structure for new sub-projects within the company, implementing best practices for organized and scalable Angular projects.
Web Developer2011 - 2015GoChime (via Toptal)
- Built a prototype system with heavy integration with Twitter API and automatic querying and posting based on what Twitter users were sharing in real-time.
- Designed and built reporting systems for actionable data analysis and client reports.
Lead Developer2012 - 2012AdWorx (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Phing, CoffeeScript, Sass, Compass, CSS3, HTML5, PHPDoc, PHPUnit, CodeIgniter, MySQL, PHP
- Designed and built a system using CodeIgniter (PHP), implementing the entire business flow (product selection, payment, production, and delivery).
- Contributed to the definition of the business logic process.
- Implemented the front-end UI/UX using HTML5, Compass, CoffeeScript, and jQuery.
- Implemented payments using Paypal Pro (multiple recurring payments and credit card direct payments).
- Integrated with a brochure design and printing service (mycreativeshop.com).
Lead Developer2010 - 2012SmsPREP (via Toptal)
- Developed Joomla components to allow sending and receiving millions of multiple-choice questions and responses via SMS.
- Designed and built a smart learning management system (LMS) from scratch.
- Designed and built an adaptive learning algorithm that continually targets multiple-choice questions according to a current user's difficulty level.
- Outlined multiple reporting systems for actionable data analysis and business intelligence.
- Developed the smsPREP API to allow for third-party integration into the system for sites such as Zinch.com and CollegeProwler.com.
- Designed and built social gaming and social modes for e-learning.
- Developed Facebook integrations for social learning.
- Developed and integrated a Kannel SMS Gateway.
Web Developer2011 - 2011Circlefy (via Toptal)
- Developed the prototype of the social network working under the scrum model.
- Managed the R&D team as a scrum master, defining requirements, PM, and more.
Project Manager2011 - 2011Toptal Platform
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Defined requirements and managed a team of Ruby on Rails developers.
- Conducted QA/testing.
Front-end Developer2011 - 2011IDEO (via Toptal)
Technologies: ActionScript 3, Flash, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5
- Created prototype websites for market testing.
- Set up Google Analytics and goal tracking to measure their success.
- Contributed to the UI/UX design process of http://www.sensible.com/ from Steve Krug based on the knowledge of usability best practices.
- Implemented many variations of User Experience using jQuery and YouTube custom player.
- Developed basic Flash functions in ActionScript 3.0.
Developer2010 - 2010ConsumerBell (via Toptal)
- Created a WordPress plugin that allowed clients to post comments about any company, service, or product. The plugin included a “feed” to show the posted comments in real-time. It also had a back end integrated with the WordPress administration panel.
- Implemented Facebook and Twitter integration.
- Developed different UI/UX elements using jQuery.
Developer2009 - 2010DWP Internet
- Developed Joomla components and themes.
- Developed a generic “directory site” and then customized/deployed it to create three websites.
- Optimized the Mosets Tree component code, increasing site performance by ~200%.
- Created a web-crawler from scratch using C++/Python.
- Converted many gigabytes of data into importable SQL, only using a couple of regular expressions.
- Executed full data mining processes, downloading, parsing, and importing over 400.000 records for three databases.