Ignacio is a software and web developer with more than twelve years of experience in many programming languages, libraries, and frameworks (both frontend and backend). He enjoys constantly learning and developing new skills, and he is familiar with many different paradigms and technologies.
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a Node.js app to allow for the sending and receiving of millions of multiple choice questions and responses via SMS.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Implemented the integration of a new data type in the system, including state regulations coming from a new data source.
- Contributed to the definition of processes and protocols for optimizing future data source integrations.
- Managed the team during the final phase of the project as the technical leader and project manager for a short period.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Developed the integration with various credit card and bank APIs, implementing the client's own integration interface.
- Developed unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests for different API integrations.
- Built a web-crawler to satisfy some integration needs with systems which had no available API.
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs, both in the front end and back end.
- Worked on periodic operative issues and data fixes while gradually automating some of that work through the development of new tools and scripts.
- Maintained legacy code while helping with the transition process to new systems, including massive data migration and verification, production services transition, and more.
- Implemented UI/UX designs, including user interactions, animations, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Implemented the connection to the back-end REST API using the Restangular library.
- Created a new project structure for new sub-projects within the company, implementing best practices for organized and scalable Angular projects.
GoChime (via Toptal)
- Built a prototype system with heavy integration with Twitter API and automatic querying and posting based on what Twitter users were sharing in real-time.
- Designed and built reporting systems for actionable data analysis and client reports.
AdWorx (via Toptal)
- Designed and built a system using CodeIgniter (PHP), implementing the entire business flow (product selection, payment, production, and delivery).
- Contributed to the definition of the business logic process.
- Implemented the front-end UI/UX using HTML5, Compass, CoffeeScript, and jQuery.
- Implemented payments using Paypal Pro (multiple recurring payments and credit card direct payments).
- Integrated with a brochure design and printing service (mycreativeshop.com).
SmsPREP (via Toptal)
- Developed Joomla components to allow sending and receiving millions of multiple-choice questions and responses via SMS.
- Designed and built a smart learning management system (LMS) from scratch.
- Designed and built an adaptive learning algorithm that continually targets multiple-choice questions according to a current user's difficulty level.
- Outlined multiple reporting systems for actionable data analysis and business intelligence.
- Developed the smsPREP API to allow for third-party integration into the system for sites such as Zinch.com and CollegeProwler.com.
- Designed and built social gaming and social modes for e-learning.
- Developed Facebook integrations for social learning.
- Developed and integrated a Kannel SMS Gateway.
Circlefy (via Toptal)
- Developed the prototype of the social network working under the scrum model.
- Managed the R&D team as a scrum master, defining requirements, PM, and more.
- Defined requirements and managed a team of Ruby on Rails developers.
- Conducted QA/testing.
IDEO (via Toptal)
- Created prototype websites for market testing.
- Set up Google Analytics and goal tracking to measure their success.
- Contributed to the UI/UX design process of http://www.sensible.com/ from Steve Krug based on the knowledge of usability best practices.
- Implemented many variations of User Experience using jQuery and YouTube custom player.
- Developed basic Flash functions in ActionScript 3.0.
ConsumerBell (via Toptal)
- Created a WordPress plugin that allowed clients to post comments about any company, service, or product. The plugin included a “feed” to show the posted comments in real-time. It also had a back end integrated with the WordPress administration panel.
- Implemented Facebook and Twitter integration.
- Developed different UI/UX elements using jQuery.
- Developed Joomla components and themes.
- Developed a generic “directory site” and then customized/deployed it to create three websites.
- Optimized the Mosets Tree component code, increasing site performance by ~200%.
- Created a web-crawler from scratch using C++/Python.
- Converted many gigabytes of data into importable SQL, only using a couple of regular expressions.
- Executed full data mining processes, downloading, parsing, and importing over 400.000 records for three databases.
AngularJS, Bootstrap, Express.js, Ember.js, UI-Router, CodeIgniter, PHPUnit, Compass, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular
Node.js, GridFS, OpenCV, Facebook Ads API, Stripe, Backbone.js, Facebook API, jQuery, Underscore.js, API Development, REST APIs, Backbone.Marionette, Twitter API, OpenGL, PayPal API, SendGrid API, React, Marionette.js, jQuery UI, Vue
Adobe Photoshop, Grunt, Gulp, Mongoose, Git, Vim Text Editor, RabbitMQ, Mocha, Subversion (SVN), GitHub, SendGrid, Phing, Jenkins, Flash
DevOps, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), UX Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), User Testing, REST, Agile, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Event-driven Programming, Management, Unit Testing
MacOS, Linux, Google Sites, LAMP, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Joomla, Heroku
MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
Computer Vision, Data Mining, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Brain-computer Interface, Learning Management Systems (LMS), APIs, Facebook Ads, eCommerce, Front-end Development, Architecture, Front-end, Communication, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, PSD to HTML, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Digital Signal Processing, Webhooks, CI/CD Pipelines, Leadership, Software Development Management, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), PHPDoc, API Integration, Web Crawlers, ChatGPT, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
University of Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires