React Developer2020 - 2021Chronomics
- Helped in developing an application for preventive healthcare, implemented new pages, data tables, and charts.
- Refactored directory structure to separate reusable components from feature components.
- Introduced static type checking for a JS-based project by using JSDoc, added automated style checking and formatting, which resulted in cleaner code and fewer bugs.
- Transitioned the project from styled-components to using TailwindCSS, which allowed removal of hundreds of lines of styling code.
Senior Front-end Developer2019 - 2020Omni:us
- Reduced code maintainability cost by moving from old in-house written buggy components to a third-party (namely Angular Material) and by splitting a big monolith application to manageable Angular modules.
- Transitioned the applications from a legacy look (based on extensive SCSS codebase) to a modern design system and built on configurable TailwindCSS with almost no CSS code to manage on our side.
- Introduced a storybook to the project, making it compulsory for any new reusable UI elements, which resulted in a handy component library, streamlining any new developer and making component reuse easier.
- Introduced the culture of responsiveness, making it required for components to scale properly, not just being pixel-perfect, slowly eliminating the horizontal scroll the applications used to have.
- Set up a custom responsive D3 charts class hierarchy, with the common logic being reused across different chart types, with smart overrides in specific charts.
- Conducted code reviews, interviews for new developers, onboarding, and guiding as needed when helping them understanding quite a big codebase.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2019Quartile One
- Created SPA with Angular, according to designs and requirements.
- Set up the structure of the front-end part of the project to make sure it follows best practices and is easy to scale and maintain.
- Assisted and guided less skilled team members through code reviews and meetings.
- Created various data-heavy yet smooth data visualizations using D3.js.
- Learned how to use different visualization types to better convey the data.
Junior Full Stack ROR Developer2012 - 2013InterLink LLC
- Created a web app for assisting the HR process of employee evaluation.
- Developed both back-end and front-end parts of the app, using SQL DB as data storage.