Software and Hardware Engineer2015 - PRESENTAdvanced Monitoring Methods (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, AngularJS, Raspberry Pi, Kicad
- Developed techniques for remote sensor data acquisition.
- Created custom centralized web dashboard and service for sensor data collection, aggregation, reporting and alerting.
- Designed and built various sensor amplifiers and interface circuits.
- Designed and built a custom hardware data logger for industrial use.
CEO, Owner2015 - PRESENTHyperglitch, Ltd.
Technologies: Python, C, AngularJS, Embedded, Kicad, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32
- Designed various smaller embedded devices based on Atmega328p, ESP32, and STM32F4.
- Designed and built electronics for various art pieces for local artists.
- Designed multiple mechanical parts and device enclosures targeted for 3D printing.
Embedded Electronics Engineer2014 - 2015Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Technologies: C, Python, FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, Altium, Kicad
- Designed complete electronic circuit and driving software for general purpose, high power brushed/brushless motor drivers.
- Created a Python application with Qt GUI for transferring and plotting data from a microcontroller.
- Designed 3D models of enclosures for batteries and electronic components which were 3D printed.
- Created a mobile application (for SailfishOS) for displaying the status and controlling the operation of electric bicycles.
- Implemented contactless card (RFID) based security for a custom electric wheelchair.
- Built the full software stack (Chibios/RT on STM32F4) for custom electric bicycle and electric wheelchairs.
Web Developer2012 - 2014Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
- Created a dashboard-style info page with API available for users to create their own widgets.
- Worked with a team on creating a student information system for tracking students' courses, scores, and activities.
- Created a reusable calendar module for in-house CMS with support for multiple sources, token-based authentication and iCal export.
- Created a prototype of a mobile application (using PhoneGap) for QuiltCMS (in-house CMS).
- Created infrastructure (OAI-PMH target, harvester) for Croatian repositories of learning materials which were part of the Open Discovery Space project.
Research Associate2010 - 2012Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Technologies: Embedded C for TI Stellaris Platform, Brushless Motor Control, Kalman Filtering
- Designed a simple motor controller for high power (1kW) three-phase brushless motors.
- Implemented vector control (field-oriented-control) for three-phase brushless motors.
- Created a robust positioning sensor by fusing signals from the accelerometer and gyroscope using a Kalman filter.
- Implemented a robust continuous rotor position estimator using data from three fixed hall sensors.
- Built a self-balancing unicycle using custom-made hardware and software.