Igor is a web developer focused on modern PHP and JS, always striving for new technologies. When he wears his back-end hat, he's focused on performant and DRY code, working on API servers or consumers. When he gets his front-end hat on, he works heavily on maintaining the best UX he can make for his users.
JetBrains, Command-line Interface (CLI), Git, Linux
The most amazing...
...website I've built was Sugar Loaf's. A great challenge with awesome results for an awesome place.
eHungry (via Toptal)
- Implemented new features and fixes on a high-traffic portal.
- Updated pre-2010 code to improve maintainability on the long term.
- Moved forward with modern team approaches, such as GitHub tasks, projects, and code reviews.
Lead Python Developer
Radix - Bondinho do Pão de Açúcar
- Led project development together with an intern and a seasoned designer.
- Structured the Django project starting from HTML layouts the designer had been working on (based on layouts from an external company).
- Contributed to meetings with the stakeholders, presenting the project and discussing their concerns.
- Created a full system from layout PDFs using React and Redux entirely on my own.
- Used heavy unit testing with Redux and pure functions to ensure calculations matched company samples.
- Integrated automatic deployment using GitHub pages for testing purposes.
Smith & Carson (via Toptal)
- Implemented a job queueing library using databases for Phalcon, for low throughput but long running jobs, released as open-source code.
- Revamped the PDF reporting feature, with a modular approach and cleaner API, allowing for expansion with new reports as needed.
- Integrated the new ProsperWorks CRM into the existing company systems, with a clean API client and webhooks consumer.
- Helped to upgrade an open-source, Phalcon-based API library.
- Upgraded the application from Phalcon 2 and PHP 5.6 to Phalcon 3 and PHP 7.
- Provided continuous review of the huge application codebase to keep it updated with the best market standards.
- Helped to maintain a legacy CodeIgniter application, while migrating some features into the new one.
KORD Electrical (via Toptal)
- Developed a complex scrollable application with many different accounting calculations, given the designer prototypes.
- Implemented a React+Redux application following the smart/dumb components pattern.
- Integrated a material design library into the project to have a clean interface for the MVP.
- Organized Docker containers to compile the application and run the PHP API (API not in use anymore).
- Advised the non-technical founder on startup steps (what to build, MVP scope, how to launch, how to investigate the market, etc.).
- Developed and maintained white-label products, focused on credit card services, through internal web services.
- Created internal structure for new projects, relying in flexible technology choices to accommodate the different API styles the team had to work with.
- Created internal command-line systems to streamline and make it easier to locally install projects and enable deployment.
- Advocated usage of best practices on REST APIs whenever possible throughout other teams in the company.
- Organized a central repository to be used by the several team projects, so internal libraries could be easily shared and controlled, according to version constraints.
Ruby (Padrino) Developer
- Redesigned the entire website with responsiveness in mind (it was built in 2010).
- Reorganized the information architecture to better suit what the owners had in mind.
- Re-implemented PayPal checkout from the ground with the newer APIs.
- Refactored a lot of inner code to make maintenance easier in the future.
- Organized tasks through Codebase and reported progress to the client every two weeks (via email, as requested).
Speaker @ PHPeste: RESTful Best Practiceshttps://www.slideshare.net/igorsantos07/restfuuuu-boas-prticas-restful-phpeste-2017
I was also invited to translate questions for Rasmus Lerdorf, PHP creator.
Geru - Debt Calculatorhttps://invest.exame.com/mf/calculadora-gratuita-ajuda-voce-a-quitar-suas-dividas
The original product is now offline, so the link leads to a PR release.
Sameach Vedações - Responsive Redesign
Konato - Events Directory
Sole developer, building everything from the database to the front- and back-ends, using PHP7, Laravel 5, PostgreSQL, Docker, and Heroku.
It is open-sourced at https://github.com/konato-events/web
Calories - Sample React Project
How to Build a Multilingual App: A Demo With PHP and Gettext
Eloquent, PhalconPHP, React Native, YARN, Redux, Bootstrap 3, Yii, Codeception, Laravel, Laravel 5, Symfony, Bulma, Django, Padrino, Sinatra, Symfony 2
REST APIs, React, ProsperWorks CRM API, jQuery, jQuery Validation, ActiveRecord, jQuery UI, Auth0 API, PayPal API, GitHub API, jQuery Mobile
Sculpin, Bitbucket, GitHub, NPM, Git, Subversion (SVN), CodebaseHQ, WebStorm, PhpStorm, Composer, JetBrains, RubyMine, NGINX, Apache
RESTful Development, Database Design, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, UI Design
Embedded Software, User Experience (UX), Usability, API Testing, Restler, Command-line Interface (CLI), OWASP, RESTful Web Services, SOAP, Material Design, PayPal, HTML Email, Chrome Extensions, MoIP, Finance APIs
Docker, DeployHQ, Linux, Heroku
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, NoSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Universidade Estácio de Sá - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visiting Student as Part of My Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Dalhousie University - Halifax, Canada