- Lead Developer and Acting CEO2014 - PRESENTTouchmoon, Inc.
Technologies: iOS, WebRTC, Node.js, Ejabberd
- Developed a full-blown platform for sharing emotions (yes, even messages). It has a ton of unique features, including localized content, custom games, animations, and solid security practices.
- Included WebRTC for voice/video chat via WebRTC framework. It was a challenge to implement it due to a short timeframe required to push it out. We have built two main back-end services, one REST API that resides on Node, and another on Ejabberd (yes, it required a bit of Erlang).
- Lead Developer2015 - 2015Juicebox
Technologies: iOS, Parse
- Utilized Parse and created back-end software in PHP to help develop an app for peer coaching among young people.
- Created interesting animations and UX style.
- Lead iOS developer, System Architect2014 - 2015Classkick
Technologies: Objective-c, Firebase
- Designed as a classroom helper tool, this the best iPad app for this task. Teacher can prepare lecture, deliver tasks and watch everyones screen for the progress.
- Backend was Firebase, even before Google bought it. It enables near-real-time communication among devices.
- All kind of dynamic tools were developed, so students can draw, write, share images.
- Teacher can monitor all screens at the same time, focus on one, correct, interact or grade the work student is doing.
- Very scalable app, enables thousands of users grouped into rosters.
- Lead iOS Developer2013 - 2013StalkDocs (via Toptal)
- Built an application for sales representatives that helps them share information among themselves and differentiate between private and public information.
- Created the back-end on Parse and integrated Apple and Stripe payment processes.
- iOS Developer2012 - 2013Chromatic (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, CoffeeScript
- Developed the back-end using Node.js and MongoDB, using CoffeeScript.
- Built the client for web and iPad.
- Lead iOS Developer2012 - 2013Pictrition (via Toptal)
- Customized the GUI, targeted mainly for iOS6, with lots of beautiful graphics, charts, photos, and more.
- Integrated with Facebook and Twitter, making it essentially social gaming with awards.
- Developed the back-end with Sinatra Ruby hanging on MongoDB.
- Hosted with Heroku, MongoHQ, and Cloudinary for pictures.
- iOS Developer2012 - 2012NDA (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, OpenGLES 2
- Built for a popular notebook application on the iPad. The request was to develop a wrist protection area that could be freely sized, for the purpose of protecting the drawing canvas from unwanted wrist touches while painting on a screen.
- Developed zoom control that would enable drawing (mostly writing with finger or stylus) on an enlarged area located on the wrist guard that represents a small portion of the line on a notebook paper. Included automatic movement of a satellite (small portion on the paper) to the right while writing, advancing to the next row, scrolling of paper canvas, snapping to the predefined rows for easy positioning, and more.
- Tested several approaches during the development of this project: OpenGLES 1 and 2, touch event forwarding (unfortunately achievable only by private API).
- Used a plain Quartz drawing subsystem for zooming. Similar applications were studied during this process (Noteshelf, Notabillity). The result is comparable/better than competitive products.
- iOS Developer2012 - 2012Circa (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, OpenGLES 2
- Developed custom page curl animation without using Apple private API that would prevent successful app submission to the App Store.
- Achieved 60fps curl animation to allow for a great UX.
- Built a small library that would curl any UIView, and that view remained interactive during curling.
- Overrode a couple long-standing and publicly known issues with iOS (e.g., CADisplayLink mysteriously drops fps to 40).
- Lead Developer2012 - 2012Bitmoji/Future Instruments (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java (MT4J.org), Objective-C, Python
- Developed a proof-of-concept/demo for Slidewall application.
- Used Slidewall as an interactive projection of photos, videos and notes called Slideas. Slideas are displayed and organized on the SlideWall by a team or group of people to create, edit and share ideas in real-time from anywhere utilizing Cloud technologies.
- ASP MVC Developer2011 - 2012Hamilton Fraser Insurance Company (UK)
- Developed complex online management of tenancy deposits (used by landlords, tenants, and agencies), support of online payments, property data management, dispute resolution, complex reporting, importing of property and tenancy external data, complex queries and administrative tasks, and payment detection through parsing of banking data exchange formats.
- Lead Developer2009 - 2010ANPR Parking System
Technologies: ASP.NET, REST, XML, JSON, MS SQL
- Built a parking management system with plate recognition. The system consists of entry/exit IP cameras that constantly broadcast an image to the central server. Server detects motion in particular part of the image and reads plate (OCR). Based on data the ramp automatically rises (or not).
- Architected the project and led a five-person development team.
- Lead Developer2008 - 2009DZNS - NMS
- Created a management system for the Croatian State Office for Nuclear Security (DZNS). The server collects data from all radiologic stations throughout the country. Comparing results to the acceptable thresholds, and alerting if attention is needed.
- Used a web server as the presentation layer.
- Led a three-person development team.
- Lead Developer2008 - 2008Offline Charging
- Developed mediation for offline charging (for the largest Telco operator in Croatia, T-Com), collecting customer data record (CDR) data from the Diameter server, and preparing them for further analysis.
- Led development in a team of three.
- Lead Developer2005 - 2007OT Viewer
Technologies: Python, Oralce9i, C++, MFC/BCG
- Created CDR BI for one of our telco operators (Optima Telecom d.o.o.). The platform consists of a server application (data retrieval from the DW – Oracle 9i) and client application for viewing, analyzing, summarizing, and printing bills as a convenience GUI app for end users.
- Distributed the client application to the clients/customers of Optima Telecom.
- Led architecture and development in a team of five.
- Web Developer2005 - 2005SIGURA/ENCORA
Technologies: VB6, C#
- Conducted risk assessment analysis for INA Naftaplin (the largest oil company in Croatia).
- Developed the system in cooperation with the University (FER) and Enconet d.o.o. Involved three risk assessment methodologies: What-If, FMEA, and HAZOP.
- Led a development of team of three.