Lead UX Developer2019 - 2019Scrips
Technologies: REST, React, Flutter, Swift, Flutter SDK, Mobile Development
- Collaborated with the Lightning Start team to make an estimation of the effort needed to develop client applications.
- Developed a Flutter-based proof-of-concept application for patient cards to verify that the application would be able to work on web, tablet, mobile device with all sizes as well as serving as a stand-alone app on Mac and Windows.
- Led a team of four developers.
Lead iOS Developer2018 - 2019GodTools
Technologies: REST, Functional Programming, Google Analytics, Alamofire, PromiseKit, RealmSwift, Swift, Mobile Development
- Built a Swift application that renders articles distributed from a server contained in XML and JSON data. In a short time, the app acquired over 750 thousand active users worldwide.
- Developed the data and UI to be available in 80+ languages, switchable in real time so that app functionality can run independently of the system language.
- Used XCTest framework for checking some precondition states and preventing easily detectable failures.
Lead iOS Developer/Architect2018 - 2018Mateflick Photobank
Technologies: REST, Functional Programming, AVFoundation, Instagram, Facebook SDK, MongoDB, Swift, Mobile Development
- Led the development of the app that connects professional photographers with their clients. Photographers can take photographs at events (fairs) and approach clients with targeted photos to try to sell them. The client can easily download and preview photos from that photographer's device and later buy full digital version of selected photos.
- Built a money exchange ecosystem to support the app.
- Came up with the nice solution of generating 2D barcode (on the photographers mobile device) containing information of the photographer and photo that can be used either to download photo directly through the app, or a link to the AppStore to download the app and then photo through the link from barcode.
Lead Developer and Architect2014 - 2018Touchmoon, Inc.
Technologies: REST, Functional Programming, Ejabberd, Node.js, WebRTC, Objective-C, Swift, iOS, Mobile Development
- Developed a full-blown messaging platform for sharing emotions (yes, even plain messages). It has a ton of unique features, including localized content, custom games, animations, and solid security practices.
- Included WebRTC for voice/video chat via WebRTC framework. It was a challenge to implement it due to a short timeframe required to push it out. Implemented full-blown CallKit API.
Lead Developer2015 - 2015Juicebox
Technologies: Parse, iOS, Mobile Development
- Utilized Parse and created back-end software in PHP to help develop an app for peer coaching among young people.
- Created interesting animations and UX style.
Lead iOS developer, System Architect2014 - 2015Classkick
Technologies: REST, Firebase, Objective-C, Mobile Development
- Led the development of Classkick. Designed as a classroom helper tool, this the best iPad app for this task. The teacher can prepare lectures, deliver tasks, and watch everyone's screen for progress.
Lead iOS Developer2013 - 2013StalkDocs (via Toptal)
- Built an application for sales representatives that helps them share information among themselves and differentiate between private and public information.
- Created the back end on Parse and integrated Apple and Stripe payment processes.
iOS Developer2012 - 2013Chromatic (via Toptal)
Technologies: CoffeeScript, Objective-C, Mobile Development
- Developed the back end using Node.js and MongoDB, using CoffeeScript.
- Built the client for web and iPad.
Lead iOS Developer2012 - 2013Pictrition (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, Mobile Development
- Customized the GUI, targeted mainly for iOS 6, with lots of beautiful graphics, charts, photos, and more.
- Integrated with Facebook and Twitter, making it essentially social gaming with awards.
- Developed the back end with Sinatra Ruby hanging on MongoDB.
- Hosted with Heroku, MongoHQ, and Cloudinary for pictures.
iOS Developer2012 - 2012NDA (via Toptal)
Technologies: OpenGL ES, Objective-C, Mobile Development
- Built for a popular notebook application on the iPad. The request was to develop a wrist protection area that could be freely sized, for the purpose of protecting the drawing canvas from unwanted wrist touches while painting on a screen.
- Developed zoom control that would enable drawing (mostly writing with finger or stylus) on an enlarged area located on the wrist guard that represents a small portion of the line on a notebook paper. Included automatic movement of a satellite (small portion on the paper) to the right while writing, advancing to the next row, scrolling of paper canvas, snapping to the predefined rows for easy positioning, and more.
- Tested several approaches during the development of this project: OpenGLES 1 and 2, touch event forwarding (unfortunately achievable only by private API).
- Used a plain Quartz drawing subsystem for zooming. Similar applications were studied during this process (Noteshelf, Notabillity). The result is comparable/better than competitive products.
iOS Developer2012 - 2012Circa (via Toptal)
Technologies: OpenGL ES, Objective-C, Mobile Development
- Developed custom page curl animation without using Apple private API that would prevent successful app submission to the App Store.
- Achieved 60fps curl animation to allow for a great UX.
- Built a small library that would curl any UIView, and that view remained interactive during curling.
- Overrode a couple long-standing and publicly known issues with iOS (e.g., CADisplayLink mysteriously drops fps to 40).
Lead Developer2012 - 2012Bitmoji/Future Instruments (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Objective-C, MT4J, Java, Mobile Development
- Developed a proof of concept/demo for Slidewall application.
- Used Slidewall as an interactive projection of photos, videos and notes called Slideas. Slideas are displayed and organized on the SlideWall by a team or group of people to create, edit and share ideas in real time from anywhere utilizing Cloud technologies.
ASP MVC Developer2011 - 2012Hamilton Fraser Insurance Company (UK)
Technologies: C#, Mobile Development
- Developed complex online management of tenancy deposits (used by landlords, tenants, and agencies), support of online payments, property data management, dispute resolution, complex reporting, importing of property and tenancy external data, complex queries and administrative tasks, and payment detection through parsing of banking data exchange formats.
Lead Developer2009 - 2010ANPR Parking System
Technologies: REST, Microsoft SQL Server, JSON, XML, ASP.NET
- Built a parking management system with plate recognition. The system consists of entry/exit IP cameras that constantly broadcast an image to the central server. Server detects motion in particular part of the image and reads plate (OCR). Based on data the ramp automatically rises (or not).
- Architected the project and led a five-person development team.
Lead Developer2008 - 2009DZNS - NMS
- Created a management system for the Croatian State Office for Nuclear Security (DZNS). The server collects data from all radiologic stations throughout the country. Comparing results to the acceptable thresholds, and alerting if attention is needed.
- Used a web server as the presentation layer.
- Led a three-person development team.
Lead Developer2008 - 2008Offline Charging
- Developed mediation for offline charging (for the largest Telco operator in Croatia, T-Com), collecting customer data record (CDR) data from the Diameter server, and preparing them for further analysis.
- Led development in a team of three.
Lead Developer2005 - 2007OT Viewer
Technologies: Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++, Oracle9i, Python
- Created CDR BI for one of our telco operators (Optima Telecom d.o.o.). The platform consists of a server application (data retrieval from the DW – Oracle 9i) and client application for viewing, analyzing, summarizing, and printing bills as a convenience GUI app for end users.
- Distributed the client application to the clients/customers of Optima Telecom.
- Led architecture and development in a team of five.
Web Developer2005 - 2005SIGURA/ENCORA
Technologies: C#, Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Conducted risk assessment analysis for INA Naftaplin (the largest oil company in Croatia).
- Developed the system in cooperation with the University (FER) and Enconet d.o.o. Involved three risk assessment methodologies: What-If, FMEA, and HAZOP.
- Led a development of team of three.