Lead Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTHighland Health Direct
Technologies: PHP, Symfony, Laravel, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, VICIdial, AWS, Automated Testing, MySQL, Unix, Linux Administration, Elasticsearch
- Developed features for an existing healthcare company web application that is used for capturing client information, communication to partners via APIs, and reporting based on the information.
- Implemented changes to successfully scale the business from a traditional setting to a completely online/remote environment including database optimization, removing existing technical debt, upgrading services to use modern versions.
- Made technology-related decisions based on the business requirements within as the lead on the R&D team.
- Managed technical and non-technical employees.
Lecturer2017 - PRESENTAlgebra d.o.o.
- Lectured web design courses which cover the full technology stack and some software architecture practices.
- Developed educational tools and exercises to facilitate practical learning.
- Helped students create their own projects and implement newly acquired knowledge in a practical way following state-of-the-art development practices.
- Taught the important principles of choosing the correct technology and/or platform for a given task.
- Reviewed code of student projects to highlight potential problems, question decisions they made, applaud good approaches and provide feedback for future projects.
Software Engineering Contractor2018 - 2018Uber Eats
Technologies: Zendesk, OAuth, Slack, Symfony, MySQL, PHP 7
- Developed a chatbot for supporting Uber EATS service providers in the Taiwanese market. The chatbot allowed the service providers to use LINE to communicate with Uber EATS support team and get quick help from a smart knowledgebase.
- Helped support agents distribute the workload and work together on tickets using Slack as the platform for communicating with the service providers.
- Integrated automated customer service satisfaction surveys integrated into ZenDesk to provide up-to-date reporting to management and persistent logs of tickets.
- Collaborated with an international and geographically dislocated team with diverse roles in the project.
- Cut down human support agent workload by designing an intelligent interactive knowledge-base that can solve most common problems users had even out of customer support working hours.
Software Development Contractor2017 - 2018Heathrow VIP
Technologies: Slack, Tookan API, MySQL, PHP 7
- Developed a system to facilitate a complex business process that combines dozens of tasks which are heavily time-sensitive and inter-dependent to provide an amazing end-customer experience.
- Automated booking processing system which leverages multiple 3rd party software services to create a fully integrated business process management solution.
- Created real-time fleet tracking and smart predictions to streamline the service fulfillment process.
- Designed live updates and reporting of unexpected events to management to allow for a timely response.
- Built tools for efficient handling of operational changes in the booked service process to minimize the effect of unexpected changes on the quality of service.
- Developed smart fleet travel time predictions to minimise waiting times of clients at the terminals.
Back-end Developer2015 - 2016Trikoder d.o.o.
Technologies: Sonata, Symfony, Codeception, PHPUnit, Sphinx Search Engine, MySQL, PHP
- Developed high-traffic web portals totaling 100+ million monthly impressions.
- Profiled and optimized PHP-based web applications and MySQL databases for high performance and horizontal scaling.
- Worked with clients to deliver the features which meet their business expectations and provide the end-user with an amazing experience.
- Automated testing of all newly developed features to reduce bug regression and save company costs on bug fixes.
- Refactored legacy code and improving crucial business processes in terms of speed and quality of results.
- Reviewed code of check-ins to help developers sharpen their skills by questioning decisions, pointing out bad practices and inefficient solutions, and applauding good decisions to increase morale in the team.