Verified Expert in Engineering
GitHub, Git, Vim Text Editor, Sublime Text, Ubuntu, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I have coded is a functional router and NAT that hooks into OpenFlow to route network packets.
- Worked on advertiser database sharding project as part of the ads platform team.
- Improved the advertiser admin search speed by 22.2% with Elasticsearch.
- Developed an Elasticsearch client to reroute text-based queries from an underlying MySQL data layer to an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Created a metric dashboard for shard clusters to monitor latency, network, and cpu usage.
Leanplum (via Toptal)
- Provided engineering assistance with rolling out of the HTML in-app notification system.
- Fixed and improved the underperforming application features such as IP filtering and the mobile web view flickering.
Autobeacon (via Toptal)
- Developed a deployment-and-development pipeline for a Node.js project utilizing Heroku and GitHub.
- Integrated a transactional email service using SendGrid.
- Added error handling and middleman security to all server endpoints—accommodating the front-end of the iOS application.
- Penetration-tested an application using Burp Suite to guarantee security.
- Created an online marketplace to sell proprietary textbooks, question packs, and slide packs to application users using React as the driving front-end framework.
- Integrated 100% test coverage on the back and front-end using Mocha, Sinon, Selenium, and Python.
- Worked on a product currently used in over 4,000 university classrooms each semester.
- Increased the back-end module item copying run-time by 10%.
- Played an active role in architecting the back-end models for the marketplace.
- Created an online text editor/viewer capable of highlighting and note pinning to be used by over 2,000,000 users.
Teaching Assistant (CSC309 - Programming on the Web)
University of Toronto
- Led and created tutorials for students in React, Meteor, Git, and Node.
- Assisted in restructuring the course outline.
- Marked various assignments and final exams.
- Taught a lecture on Meteor and deployment processes of web applications.
- Created starter packs for Node and React in order to assist student understanding of various web frameworks.
- Rebuilt from scratch the web application for The Orbis Challenge.
- Worked on full-stack web development using the .NET framework, Microsoft Azure, Angular, and LESS.
- Performed business intelligence and analytics work with Google Analytics Query Engine and QlikView.
- Created a Python program to parallelize AI game submissions on the cloud through the use of docker instances.
- Used Burp Suite to penetration-test a web application to ensure there were no security leaks.
- Created a student concierge app for a local financial institution.
- Interfaced with Node and Socket.IO to implement real-time communication to notify clerks of customer arrivals.
- Designed back-end relational models to manage client information.
- Presented the application to a panel of engineers upon contract end-date.
- Used Burp Suite to test-penetrate the web application and to ensure security leaks were nonexistent.
The Orbis Challenge
McGill Hackathon Finalist
The Orbis Challenge
AngularJS, Express.io, Alt.js, ASP.NET MVC 4, Django, JUnit, Selenium, ASP.NET MVC, Entity, Angular, Express.js, Apache Thrift, Web2py
Node.js, React, Immutable.js, Sinon.JS, Socket.IO, Stripe, Social Media APIs, Stripe API, Pinterest API, Facebook API, Stripe Connect, SQLAlchemy, LINQ
Vim Text Editor, Atom, Sublime Text 3, Ansible, VirtualBox, Sketch, Sublime Text, Git, GitHub, Mercurial, Mocha, Amazon CloudFront CDN, SendGrid, Grunt, Vagrant
Testing, Functional Programming, Model View Controller (MVC), Agile Software Development
Meteor, Web, Docker, Android, MacOS, Ubuntu, iOS, Heroku
MongoDB, MySQL, SQLite, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Docker Cloud
Agile Software Testing, Stripe Payments, Microsoft Azure, Ajax, WebSockets, OpenTSDB
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Toronto - Toronto, Canada