Software Engineer2017 - 2017
Technologies: Python, SQL Alchemy, MySQL, Bash, Thrift, OpenTSDB
- Worked on advertiser database sharding project as part of the ads platform team.
- Improved the advertiser admin search speed by 22.2% with Elasticsearch.
- Developed an Elasticsearch client to reroute text-based queries from an underlying MySQL data layer to an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Created a metric dashboard for shard clusters to monitor latency, network, and cpu usage.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Leanplum (via Toptal)
- Provided engineering assistance with rolling out of the HTML in-app notification system.
- Fixed and improved the underperforming application features such as IP filtering and the mobile web view flickering.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Autobeacon (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, SendGrid
- Developed a deployment-and-development pipeline for a Node.js project utilizing Heroku and GitHub.
- Integrated a transactional email service using SendGrid.
- Added error handling and middleman security to all server endpoints—accommodating the front-end of the iOS application.
- Penetration-tested an application using Burp Suite to guarantee security.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017TopHat
- Created an online marketplace to sell proprietary textbooks, question packs, and slide packs to application users using React as the driving front-end framework.
- Integrated 100% test coverage on the back and front-end using Mocha, Sinon, Selenium, and Python.
- Worked on a product currently used in over 4,000 university classrooms each semester.
- Increased the back-end module item copying run-time by 10%.
- Played an active role in architecting the back-end models for the marketplace.
- Created an online text editor/viewer capable of highlighting and note pinning to be used by over 2,000,000 users.
Teaching Assistant (CSC309 - Programming on the Web)2016 - 2016University of Toronto
Technologies: React, Mocha, Meteor, Node
- Led and created tutorials for students in React, Meteor, Git, and Node.
- Assisted in restructuring the course outline.
- Marked various assignments and final exams.
- Taught a lecture on Meteor and deployment processes of web applications.
- Created starter packs for Node and React in order to assist student understanding of various web frameworks.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Orbis Access
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC 4.5, C#, Entity, LINQ, Angular, Mercurial, Microsoft Azure
- Rebuilt from scratch the web application for The Orbis Challenge.
- Worked on full-stack web development using the .NET framework, Microsoft Azure, Angular, and LESS.
- Performed business intelligence and analytics work with Google Analytics Query Engine and QlikView.
- Created a Python program to parallelize AI game submissions on the cloud through the use of docker instances.
- Used Burp Suite to penetration-test a web application to ensure there were no security leaks.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Clect Computing
- Created a student concierge app for a local financial institution.
- Interfaced with Node and Socket.IO to implement real-time communication to notify clerks of customer arrivals.
- Designed back-end relational models to manage client information.
- Presented the application to a panel of engineers upon contract end-date.
- Used Burp Suite to test-penetrate the web application and to ensure security leaks were nonexistent.