Verified Expert in Engineering
Ilya is an application developer and team leader, experienced with projects ranging from high performance server-side software to embedded low-level cryptography and accelerated graphics on mobile devices. His professional goal is to learn and master as many technologies as he can get his hands on.
Git, WebStorm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a micro-services-based distributed system for processing and displaying satellite imagery on the web.
Tolemaeus, LLC (via Toptal)
- Created a group chat application server based on location technologies (geo-fenced chat). Worked with Kubernetes and MQTT.
- Worked with statisticians to develop carrier traffic prediction algorithms on Apache Spark using Python (PySpark).
- Implemented prediction/recommendation services using Flask as a back end and sklearn.
- Developed the front end for shippers and carriers using React, AntD, and TypeScript.
G&L Geißendörfer & Leschinsky GmbH (via Toptal)
- Assisted in implementing SNMP trap sender for a multimedia monitoring system.
- Worked on high-performance, fully covered, and tested pure Go code.
- Implemented third-party authentication schemes using identity providers (Okta) and JWT.
Senior Front-end Developer
ZOOLOO Information Systems (via Toptal)
- Developed a complete CMS for managing vehicle rental agencies.
- Created a dynamic form system to build screens based on server definition.
General Electric (Contract)
- Led a team of developers in porting a twenty-year-old codebase from Windows to Linux.
- Developed API microservices in C++.
- Created a new web-based interface for medical systems using HTML5 Canvas.
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems (Contract)
- Led a team of developers, UI/UX specialists, DevOps, and QA creating a large-scale GIS monitoring application.
- Developed a microservices framework for Node.js, deployed on-premises with Kubernetes and online on Amazon AWS.
- Created tools for running image recognition software in a Dockerized environment using CUDA, Caffe, and NVidia-Docker.
- Developed the front end using Angular 2.
- Set up best practices for CI/CD, testing, and code review in a large team.
Elbit Systems (Contract)
- Developed an AR application for simulating new headgear for tank crews as demonstrated here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOi__MmtN1M) using Unity3D.
- Created interactive demonstrations that allowed a person to follow the path of a certain drug through the bloodstream in first-person view using a VR helmet.
- Developed a high-speed data analysis application in WPF for analyzing chip wafer validation.
- Created an embedded application using Python for monitoring IoT devices.
- Developed a full-stack system analytics application in ASP.NET and AngularJS.
- Architected elements of both front end and back end.
- Coordinated technical efforts of the geographically distributed dev team.
- Built infrastructure and development procedures, managed source and release processes, and defined tools and infrastructure.
- Used Go to offload computation-intensive operations from Node.js.
- Developed an internal monitoring system for production cloud servers (Amazon EC) management that is event database driven and provides a notifications dashboard.
Monfort - Software Engineering, Ltd.
- Led a team of developers, working on many projects on most modern embedded and mobile platforms.
- Interviewed, hired, and trained the team.
- Specialized in the creation of multimedia software, optimized algorithms, and multi-platform code.
- Developed a graphical UI using an in-house 3D engine.
- Coded dynamic graphical applications for iOS.
Cisco (formerly NDS)
- Worked on real-time application security for embedded Linux systems.
- Helped make multi-site cross-country customer integrations across the world.
- Created tools for Linux Hardening in Python.
- Created in-house GUI applications in Java (Swing).
- Designed and implemented in C++ an embedded multi-platform application for video stream decryption.
- Led a group of developers working on spam filtering systems.
- Developed several algorithms for detecting and fighting zombie networks.
- Worked on several projects involving mail filtering and mail server load balancing in C with scripting done in Python.
- Helped develop a system for monitoring devices through SNMP protocol, under Linux, using Perl and C++.
- Created an interactive web interface for the application using mod_perl.
Rambam Health Center
- Developed a protocol for communication of PACS Unix Server and Windows NT using C++.
- Worked on client-server systems for controlling data flow using Delphi and Visual C++.
- Wrote interactive medical image analyzing software for diagnosing MRI, CT, and US digital images, using Delphi and ActiveX.
- Developed software for supporting mobile ultrasound devices.
- Developed internet applications using Delphi.
- Worked on email encryption using public key cryptography and working with Oracle servers.
- Developed encrypted streaming protocols for communication.
Android SDK, Flask, React Native, AngularJS, Django, Cocos2d, Cocos2d-x, Cocos3d, Dojo, ActiveX, Unity3D, Angular, Apache Spark
Node.js, HTML5 Canvas, MobX, Firebase Android SDK, NDK, OpenGL ES
GitLab CI/CD, Docker Compose, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), GitHub, WebStorm, Android NDK, Subversion (SVN), Git, PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, Make, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS ELB, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Bitbucket, AWS SDK, Vim Text Editor, Grunt, Gulp, CMake, Webpack, Webpack 2, Rollup
Firebase, Mobile, Android, Linux, Windows, iOS, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows Mobile, BREW, Symbian, Windows CE, BlackBerry, Oracle, MacOS, ARM Linux, Google App Engine
Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQLite, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Apollo, Unix Shell Scripting, SNMP
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
Ort Braude - Carmiel, Israel