- AI Programmer & Researcher2016 - PRESENTGenesys
Technologies: Python, NLTK, API.ai, Sci-kit, Rasa-nlu
- Developed modules using state-of-the-art natural language processing and machine learning techniques.
- Software Engineer2014 - 2016Yammer
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, OpenNLP, Node.js (Hubot), Neo4J, Wavefront, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Java, Ruby, JRuby, Dropwizard, rx.Observables, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Logstash-forwarder, Kibana, Maven, Jenkins, Teamcity, Travis, Capybara, Selenium, IntelliJ
- Supported back-end implementation of core services.
- Began as a back-end Java engineer to work on a multitude of Dropwizard microservices that communicate with a large Ruby on Rails monolith. Over time, the architecture has evolved, the monolith has become much smaller, and the need arose to form a common team of back-end engineers with skills to support both platforms.
- Contributed to the authentication and search domain teams.
- Led technical efforts for an external files project.
- Interviewed candidates.
- Contributed to a number of small (2- to 10-week) projects as a back-end developer with tasks also in front-end, infrastructure, and automated testing.
- Implemented Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana frameworks to support all our service logging (application and system).
- Implemented support for external files.
- Redesigned data export functionality, replacing the old export stack and improving reliability.
- Made searching faster, improving the rendering of search results.
- Supported external group related features with Flexternal.
- Implemented rules for the access control library for accessing resources in Java (similar to the existing Ruby one).
- Monitored and intervened when alerts went off while providing on-call support.
- Developed a multitude of hacks, mostly around interactive bots, for hackday projects.
- Linux Software Engineer2012 - 2013Intel Corporation
Technologies: Linux, J2SE, RCP, Eclipse API, Python GTK, Yocto toolchain, PTP, TM, RSE, CDT
- Maintained and developed new features for the Yocto Eclipse Plugin using open-source technologies (RCP, PTP, TM, RSE, CDT), RCP API, and J2SE.
- Developed and implemented a framework in Java, which allows remote project development, deployment, and running against the Yocto toolchain, and a custom OS built with the Yocto project.
- Fixed Python GTK bugs for the Hob Yocto Interface as part of the Bug Scrub team.
- Provided support for tickets opened by the open-source community regarding the Yocto project.
- Created a testing framework for an Eclipse plugin, which included unit and integration testing.
- Teaching Assistant2010 - 2013Polytechnic University of Bucharest
Technologies: J2SE, Swing, J2EE, Design Patterns, SVN, Git, :og4j, Apache, Tomcat. JDBC, Hibernate, Java EE, Servlets, Web Services
- Helped create seminar materials for the study of design patterns (state, mediator, MVC, command, factory, singleton).
- Taught the best practices for using development tools (Eclipse, SVN, debugging, profiling, linting).
- Drafted project architecture, specifications, and assignments for each laboratory and for the final project of the course.
- Taught best uses of JDBC, ResultSet, RowSet, and Hibernate ORM.
- Taught POC for web services (STRUTS, servlets, JSP).
- RnD Engineer2011 - 2012Amiq EDA
Technologies: J2SE, RCP, Eclipse API, Verilog, VHDL, E
- Developed and implemented features for an Eclipse API-based IDE using Java Standard. These included content assist, hyperlinks, and source formatting.
- Wrote test cases for the newly developed features, performed regression testing, and created documentation.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2011E-Caesar
Technologies: PHP, Java, C#, SAML Protocol
- Developed an application capable of reading and processing data from an electronic CI used in Germany. Used the SAML protocol and three different programming languages: PHP, C# and Java.
- Collected user cases from specifications, wrote documentation for the developed software and user documentation, and added support for several identity provider servers. Held discussions with clients to present new features and collected feedback.
- Deployed a PHP project implemented in Magento and Typo3 to eCommerce sites.
- Developed the server side of a complex media application written in Java Standard. Tasks included migrating the database from Oracle to PostgreSQL, re-writing stored procedures using Hibernate API, and implementing load balancing, mirroring and failover clustering.