C# Developer in Cluj-Napoca, Cluj County, Romania
Member since January 26, 2017
Ionut is a software engineer who loves to design and implement simple solutions to complex technical challenges. His main expertise is the .NET technology stack (ranging from the database layer to front-end tidbits) with a preference for the back-end challenges. He has worked in teams of all sizes and different work environments (from startups to large corporations) and is able to smoothly adapt to any kind of project.
Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTMicrosoft
Technologies: Python, R, Azure, SQL, Jupyter Notebook
- Wrote machine learning (ML) algorithms for anomaly detection.
- Developed NLP mechanisms for bug triaging.
- Clustered and classified data points for ad personalization.
- Created various AI algorithms that were applied for better user understanding.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2018Tora Trading Services
Technologies: .NET, C#, Python, Java, C, MongoDB, MySQL, Sybase, SQL Server, Sockets, WPF, Web API, DevExpress
- Worked on high-frequency trading systems.
- Developed latency-sensitive applications and systems that process high-volume of market data and output trading signals.
- Created and maintained various APIs used to communicate between different components within the trading pipeline.
- Worked on a low-level, latency-critical, and socket-based communication infrastructure.
- Implemented the UIs of various trading screens.
- Installed robust and extensible data access layer, among several database vendors both relational (SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase) and NoSQL (Mongo, Redis).
Founder2015 - 2017ConSix
- Developed an analytics framework for productivity measurements.
- Developed an analytics AI-based processing pipeline that learned from a large number of events.
- Processed up to five GB of event data per second using custom-made, in-memory storage.
- Developed HTML parsing algorithms for inferring HTML element structure and organize event processing pipeline based on that hierarchy.
- Wrote unit tests, integration tests, and automation tests for the entire pipeline testing.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Coera
Technologies: .NET, MongoDB, Redis, Azure, EF, Web API, Office Interop, Angular, React, D3.js
- Developed an Excel analytics web portal.
- Worked on Excel risk detection and resolved features by using complex algorithmic techniques.
- Developed on-premise or as-a-service installation of the product for end-users.
- Created risk visualization and presentation screens.
- Created a worksheet interaction and navigation map using D3.js.
- Developed various schedulers for spreadsheets processing as well as email reports for detected risks and their refactorings.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Imprezzio Global
Technologies: .NET, SQL Server, EF, MongoDB, ASP.NET MVC
- Worked on an insurance management application.
- Developed an administration portal using ASP.NET MVC 4.0 to manage insurance agents portfolio, locations, and custom offerings.
- Built a customer-facing website with a heavy emphasis on all SEO techniques.
- Developed custom payment logic using PayPal and credit card integration.
- Worked on multiple role-based access control for back-end administration logic.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Admatica
Technologies: NET, C#, C, SQL Server, MySQL
- Developed a communication hub product.
- Integrated hubs that were developed with C# between various communication channels and developed module-based architecture.
- Developed different communication adapters for channels such as Facebook, Google Hangouts, email, Skype, or SMS.
- Built a VoIP module built using C# and C for supporting video and audio conference calls.
- Exposed APIs for different client integration (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and web clients).
- MyBizHound Directory (Development)http://imprezzioglobal.com/?project=mybizhound
A white pages-like web portal for insurance industry clients.
- Artemis NLP Platform (Development)
A natural language search platform.
- PerfectXL Spreadsheet Processing Tool (Development)https://www.perfectxl.com/
A web platform for spreadsheet risk detection and refactoring.
Frameworks.NET, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC 5, Entity 6, NUnit, ADO.NET, Bootstrap, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Libraries/APIsWeb API, NSubstitute, jQuery, Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), OpenCV, Node.js
ParadigmsREST, Kanban, Agile
OtherAlgorithms, Data Structures
StorageMongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Redis
- Master's degree in Computer Networks and Distributed Systems2013 - 2015Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2009 - 2013Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania