Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019Prsnt.app
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, AWS, Rust, React, Akka HTTP, Scala
- Assisted with back- and front-end tasks.
- Researched and developed product improvements, particularly complex algorithms for automated image layouts.
- Improved product infrastructure.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2019Arazoo
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, MySQL, AWS, React, Akka HTTP, Scala
- Built the back-end system for the product, occasionally helping with the front-end.
- Contributed to web crawling, indexing, data processing, DevOps, and more.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015AngiesList
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Play, Scala
- Upgraded the codebase to use new versions of libs/framework; specifically, Scala 2.10 to 2.11, Play 2.1 to 2.3, and Slick 1.0 to 2.1.
- Improved system design (including massive refactoring efforts).
- Resolved performance issues.
Senior Software Developer2012 - 2013Captify
Technologies: RDBMS, Akka, Angular, Scala
- Developed the major parts of the BE system (integrating with third-party ad-trading platforms and API for the front end).
- Implemented the initial core and the large part of the product's front end (an ad-trading dashboard) with Angular.
Senior Java Developer2011 - 2013PINBank
Technologies: ActionScript, JMS, Servlets, JPA, CDI, Java
- Helped implement a complex web project. The project included a variety of user services that were made accessible through a single account to provide a unified, user-friendly experience.
- Contributed to the design and overall architecture/infrastructure of the project.
- Designed and implemented the JSON over HTTP protocol for client-server communication. This included CDI integration, rich options for access control, security, and routing.
- Included support for both for Java and ActionScript runtimes, dramatically boosting the productivity of both the Java and Flash teams.
- Developed a fully automated ActionScript code generator to build a facade for the protocol. This included service interfaces, client factories, configuration, data transfer objects, type-aware (de)serialization, error handling, and queuing.
- Optimized SQL code for complex queries.
- Worked in management and maintenance of the infrastructure for the distributed app servers. Initiated and completed the migration from GlassFish to JBossAS 7.
- Developed an extensive online storage system with filtering, access control, sharing, searching, and video/audio/image processing.
- Wrote a majority of the code for every subsection of the project, including storage, social networking, private data management, and the notification system. Designed APIs for nearly every service developed.
Software Developer2005 - 2011Alt-M Technologies, LLC
Technologies: SMPP, PHP, CouchDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Java ME, OSGi, Java
- Developed a platform for premium SMS services, including a back-end system for SMS processing, provider/partner integration, billing, and reporting.
- Created a LAMP-based mobile entertainment site.
- Created a mobile casino system with Java ME clients and a OSGI/PostgreSQL based back end.
- Designed a TV show platform, including server-side (OSGI/PostgreSQL) services for player interaction via SMS, support for Java ME clients, a mobile website, and a manager’s web interface.