Lead Back-end Engineer2017 - 2018Superhuman
Technologies: Golang, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, GCP, Gmail APIs, SMTP.
- Built the v1 back-end for the fastest email experience ever made.
- Served as the only back-end developer on the team, took it from a simple prototype to a production-ready, fully-featured system.
- Built a Postgres-based sync engine to distribute email data to clients as incremental diffs.
- Created DevOps and infrastructure-as-code for deployment on Kubernetes/GCP.
- Integrated third-parties with Gmail, Clearbit, and other APIs.
Lead Back-end Engineer2015 - 2017Connect
- Oversaw the implementation of a next-gen social app back-end, overseeing the company’s technical infrastructure end to end.
- Built and launched the system from scratch as part of a back-end team of three.
- Built a social graph service using Neo4J and ElasticSearch for data storage, Golang for the API layer.
- Built DevOps and infrastructure-as-code for deployment on AWS (ELBs, auto scaling groups, RDS, etc. using Ansible for provisioning).
- Built a user registration and authentication service using MySQL for data storage, Golang for the API layer, and JWT for delegated authentication.
Junior/Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2014
Technologies: Real time communications, Messaging, Video conferencing, Megastore, Java, Python, Golang
- Started as new grad back-end SWE on the Google+ Hangouts team, promoted twice in a row into a senior position.
- Served as the senior back-end SWE on the Google Cloud Datastore team.
- Led the integration project between the new chat system and the existing Hangouts video conferencing system when the Hangouts Chat (Google Talk replacement) was launched.
- Implemented named rooms for meetings with integration with GSuite.
Intern2011 - 2011Aroflex Gaisler AB
Technologies: Low-level Linux development, Cross compile toolchains, Embedded systems, SPARC architecture, C
- Developed my master thesis work consisting of the port of the MeeGo OS to a System-on-Chip platform based on the SPARC architecture.
- Developed fixes to many Meego Linux packages to support amd64 -> sparc cross-compilation.
- Created the setup and provisioning of an OpenSUSE Build System (OBS) instance, full Linux distribution bootstrap and build.
Web Developer2006 - 2011Self Employed
- Designed and implemented personal websites, community portals, and business websites.
- Administered Linux-based web and database servers.
- Worked directly with clients primarily in the NGO sector.
- Built a website with CMS for a local movie festival.