Go Developer in New York, NY, United States
Member since January 8, 2019
Ivan is a lead software engineer with a master's degree in Computer Engineering and 7+ years of experience in building and optimizing API services and processing pipelines at any level of scale including quick MVPs, early-stage startup products, and large systems with tens of millions of users. He's previously worked at Google and led teams at early stage startups.
Lead Back-end Engineer2017 - 2018Superhuman
Technologies: Golang, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, GCP, Gmail APIs, SMTP.
- Built the v1 back-end for the fastest email experience ever made.
- Served as the only back-end developer on the team, took it from a simple prototype to a production-ready, fully-featured system.
- Built a Postgres-based sync engine to distribute email data to clients as incremental diffs.
- Created DevOps and infrastructure-as-code for deployment on Kubernetes/GCP.
- Integrated third-parties with Gmail, Clearbit, and other APIs.
Lead Back-end Engineer2015 - 2017Connect
- Oversaw the implementation of a next-gen social app back-end, overseeing the company’s technical infrastructure end to end.
- Built and launched the system from scratch as part of a back-end team of three.
- Built a social graph service using Neo4J and ElasticSearch for data storage, Golang for the API layer.
- Built DevOps and infrastructure-as-code for deployment on AWS (ELBs, auto scaling groups, RDS, etc. using Ansible for provisioning).
- Built a user registration and authentication service using MySQL for data storage, Golang for the API layer, and JWT for delegated authentication.
Junior/Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2014
Technologies: Real time communications, Messaging, Video conferencing, Megastore, Java, Python, Golang
- Started as new grad back-end SWE on the Google+ Hangouts team, promoted twice in a row into a senior position.
- Served as the senior back-end SWE on the Google Cloud Datastore team.
- Led the integration project between the new chat system and the existing Hangouts video conferencing system when the Hangouts Chat (Google Talk replacement) was launched.
- Implemented named rooms for meetings with integration with GSuite.
Intern2011 - 2011Aroflex Gaisler AB
Technologies: Low-level Linux development, Cross compile toolchains, Embedded systems, SPARC architecture, C
- Developed my master thesis work consisting of the port of the MeeGo OS to a System-on-Chip platform based on the SPARC architecture.
- Developed fixes to many Meego Linux packages to support amd64 -> sparc cross-compilation.
- Created the setup and provisioning of an OpenSUSE Build System (OBS) instance, full Linux distribution bootstrap and build.
Web Developer2006 - 2011Self Employed
- Designed and implemented personal websites, community portals, and business websites.
- Administered Linux-based web and database servers.
- Worked directly with clients primarily in the NGO sector.
- Built a website with CMS for a local movie festival.
ToolsGoLand, Amazon SQS, RabbitMQ
ParadigmsServerless Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Agile, Scrum
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, AWS Kinesis
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, AWS DynamoDB, Redis, AWS S3, Neo4j
OtherWeb Development, AWS API Gateway, Route53
- Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering2009 - 2011Politecnico di Torino - Turin, Italy
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering2005 - 2009Politecnico di Torino - Turin, Italy