- Owner, Senior Database SpecialistLeadIT2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Data Science
- Designed a database (PostgreSQL) for the newest generation software for SBB (the biggest broadband company in South-Eastern Europe).
- Successfully collaborated with two big clients via Toptal (SQL Server and PostgreSQL).
- Optimized and redesigned the database for Embroker (a US company for online insurances).
- Built a machine learning model (using Python) that predicts the final time for marathon runners based on their stats in the first half of the race.
- Took part in the database development team in Fincore (Oracle PL/SQL).
- Senior Database SpecialistFreelance2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Optimized database performance in several freelance projects.
- Migrated a PostgreSQL database to MySQL on AWS.
- Redesigned a database solution in several freelance projects.
- Optimized performance of numerous queries.
- Automated database administration tasks in several freelance projects.
- Designed a few MySQL and PostgreSQL databases from scratch.
- Used SQL Server Spatial Data.
- Senior Database SpecialistFincore2013 - 2016
Technologies: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle RAC on Exadata, Oracle PL/SQL
- Introduced PL/SQL unit testing using SQL Developer.
- Refactored a lot of poorly written PL/SQL code.
- Helped the support team with numerous support requests related to Oracle.
- Helped set up Oracle RAC on Exadata in the client's production environment.
- Developed numerous new functionalities using PL/SQL.
- Senior Database DeveloperGTECH2011 - 2013
Technologies: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle DWH, Apteco FastStats
- Contributed to PL/SQL development.
- Maintained an Oracle DWH solution for several clients.
- Wrote several Python scripts as part of the ETL process.
- Designed and maintained a business intelligence solution in Apteco FastStats.
- Helped design and optimize the database.
- Senior Database ArchitectEuropean Dynamics2006 - 2011
Technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Informix, Oracle
- Set up MySQL master-slave replication with automatic fail-over between two master nodes.
- Designed several database solutions for very large projects.
- Proposed a hardware and architectural solution for several large projects.
- Administrated MySQL and Oracle databases on Solaris and Linux (including OS administration).
- Participated in numerous technical and project meetings with clients.
- Participated in all aspects of project cycles, including tendering, analyses, architecture, design, development, testing, delivery, and support.