Ivan is an engineer with eight years of experience in software and web development. Primarily focused on the web, he has solved code optimization problems arising from growing systems, as well as the migrated production apps and services on the fly with zero downtime. While a major part of his experience has been on the back end, he can also work with the front end, databases, networking, and infrastructure.
ExperiencePython - 12 yearsDjango - 6 yearsLinux - 5 yearsDjango REST Framework - 4 yearsDocker - 3 yearsPostgreSQL - 3 yearsPyramid - 3 yearsMongoDB - 3 years
Git, Python, Vim Text Editor, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a bot to keep track of variations of cryptocurrency markets and make some profit from them.
Senior Django Developer
- Worked on the tiering subproject, making the platform able to have different plans for its clients and increase revenue.
- Changed the entire system architecture, separating one big system into six different microservices, allowing them to communicate with each other and making it easier to handle by allowing a single part to be updated and restarted, without risk to the others.
- Migrated all systems, including the web apps, the database server, the cache server, the task queue server, the files sync system, the mail log, and the event log to a whole new infrastructure without downtime.
- Worked on an end-to-end marketing attribution solution.
- Worked on content system modularization and scalability of partner content publication.
- Developed and maintained systems controlling the flow of buying and selling processes of properties owned by the company.
- Developed a subsystem for neighbor property comparison.
- Developed a system for property construction process management.
UFBA - Federal University of Bahia
- Researched and developed applications for Digital TV, focusing on applications running in live programs and using web services to give extra information and interaction to users.
- Created an event platform for the National Congress of Project Management and the International Seminar on Cinema and Audiovisuals.
- Developed a subject pre-registration system for the Mathematics Institute of the Federal University of Bahia.
- Coordinated a team of seven people to develop a promotional website in two days for Salvador's Carnival (the biggest in the world).
Blog Post for Career Advicehttps://dev.to/ivancrneto/what-id-like-to-hear-from-an-experienced-developer-when-i-was-a-beginner-438g
YouTube API Integration: Uploading Videos with Django
Python Best Practices and Tips by Toptal Developers
Git Best Practices and Tips by Toptal Developers
Django, Pyramid, Django REST Framework, AngularJS, Selenium, Scrapy, Bootstrap
REST APIs, Django ORM, jQuery, Google Maps, Facebook SDK, Beautiful Soup, Fabric
Git, Celery, Bitbucket, Subversion (SVN), Vagrant, Sublime Text 2, MacVim, Vim Text Editor, Mercurial, GitHub, Jenkins, NGINX
Microservices, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile, Agile Software Development, Test Automation, Unit Testing, Continuous Deployment, Test-driven Development (TDD), Extreme Programming, REST, Scrum, Kanban
MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Redis, Oracle SQL, JSON
Drupal, MacOS, Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
User Experience (UX), Web App Development, Data Scraping, Web Scraping
MBA in Information Technology Management
FMU - Faculdade Metropolitanas Unidas - Serrinha, Bahia, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
UFBA - Federal University of Bahia - Salvador, Bahia, Brazil