Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) Developer in Bestovje, Croatia
Software Developer2014 - PRESENTOmega Software d.o.o.
Technologies: C#, MS SQL Server, Azure, TFS, SVN, HTML, jQuery, CSS, ASP.NET MVC
- Developed ERP customizations for several clients.
- Built add-ins for a document management system.
- Created a web service for integrating third-party solutions with existing software solutions.
- Began development on a modern web-based document management system (DMS).
- Started creating a web-based solution for the administration of medical products and drugs.
Project Assistant2012 - 2014Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, MS SQL Server 2008, HTML, jQuery, CSS
- Participated in designing and developing software components for the HeartWays project.
- Developed middleware as part of the HeartWays system, enabling communication between all parts of the system (devices and software solutions) independent of data protocol used in communication.
- Built a CRM system for data sharing and project management under the HeartWays project.
- Designed and developed a website for the HeartWays project.
- Created an API for exercise assessment and keeping track of exercise results based on a signal received from sensors developed and produced under the HeartWays project.
Software Developer2008 - 2012S.D. Informatika d.o.o.
Technologies: VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL Server 2008, HTML, jQuery, CSS
- Developed an internal web-based CRM system.
- Integrated all software solutions to the CRM system.
- Designed and developed e-Nursing, a web-based solution for tracking down all activities of a nurse in a hospital environment.
- Created several customized CRM and ERP solutions.
- Integrated several software solutions to CEZIH, a Croatian national system for managing health related data.
- Heartways Middleware (Development)
I created a central part of the system that enables communication between various medical devices and software solutions, independent of the protocol used.
- e-Nursing (Development)
I designed and developed e-Nursing, a system for keeping track of nursing activities in a hospital environment. The system is used in 16 hospitals in Croatia and integrated in several hospital information systems. It is written in ASP.NET and the database is MS SQL Server 2008.
- HeartWays CRM (Development)
I developed a CRM system for project management used in the HeartWays project. Software is written in ASP.NET AJAX.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment of Assisted Strength Exercising (Other amazing things)http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-03005-0_19
I was a co-author of a paper describing an algorithm for closed-loop assisted exercising based on a Finite State Machine (FSM). The algorithm can be used either for rehabilitation purposes or for physical exercise training.
- Windays 2015 - Azure Machine Learning - Creating a Prediction Model (Other amazing things)
I gave a lecture in WinDays 2015, Umag, 22/04 - 24/24.
The lecture was formatted as a live demonstration on creating a prediction model using Azure ML Studio.
- Use Your Powers For Greater Good (article) (Other amazing things)
LinkedIn post describing a parent-child tracking system using GPS and smartphone.
- Azure Tutorial: Predicting Gas Prices Using Azure Machine Learning Studio (Publication)Machine learning has changed the way we deal with data. Data driven problems, that are difficult to solve using standard methods, can often be tackled with much more ease using machine learning algorithms. In this article, we will explore Azure Machine Learning features and capabilities through solving one of the problems that we face in our everyday lives.
- Ivan is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Ivan shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
LanguagesHTML, C#, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), CSS
FrameworksASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC
OtherAjax, Machine Learning
Libraries/APIsjQuery UI, jQuery
ToolsMicrosoft Visual Studio
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD)
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, MySQL
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computing2007 - 2011Polytechnic University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
- Cisco CCNA degree in Networking2007 - 2008Net Academy - Online
- MCPS: Microsoft Certified ProfessionalJULY 2014 - PRESENTAlgebra