Full-stack Data Scientist2020 - 2022Freelance clients
- Scraped data from many different sources and set up robust pipelines for regular data processing in AWS.
- Built a system for providing regular reports based on various data sources; it is an entirely automatic cloud-based system.
- Created internal websites for data monitoring and control.
Data Engineer and Data Scientist2019 - 2020Barclays
Technologies: Scikit-learn, Python, Scala, Spark
- Created an anomaly detection model that ran in Spark and provided anomalies for a transaction audit and visualization tool.
- Worked on a data transfer project that spanned multiple departments and platforms and helped to safely transfer data within the company.
- Designed and developed solutions for big data platforms.
Data Scientist2013 - 2019Cisco Systems
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scalding, Scala, Spark, Scikit-learn, Python, MATLAB
- Created classifiers and anomaly detectors for catching malware in network traffic using metadata.
- Performed data extraction and analysis, designed features, and built classification models using various machine learning techniques.
- Worked with big data technologies on a daily basis, creating and optimizing a lot of complex analysis jobs in Spark that ran on large volumes of data.
- Had to keep up with trends in machine learning and data science and implemented many state-of-the-art methods from scientific publications.
- Drafted several US patterns on network security and machine learning. Many patents were successfully submitted, some already granted by the US Patent Authority.
- Published commercial blogs and contributed to scientific papers.
Developer2012 - 2013Cognitive Security
Technologies: Wireshark, Java
- Ran malware in sandboxed environments and gathered network telemetry.
- Analyzed network telemetry from malware.
- Designed detection algorithms for the malware based on the analysis.